Court rules that Grace Sung Eun Lee’s wish to die will been granted

YankeesPwnMets

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/court-rules-grace-lee-die-upheld-article-1.1175910

Basically, a women named Grace Lee was diagonsed with a cancer in her brain stem about a year ago. A month ago, she suffered a seizure and was left paralyzed from the neck down. Now, she has to live on a breathing and feeding tube in order to survive. Supposedly she has asked to be taken off of life support, but her religious parents believe that Grace will go to hell if she chooses death over life, and this has sparked a legal battle over who gets to decide whether Grace will die.

Now, I'm a believer in science and I'm athiest, so obviously I might be a little biased. She has an incurable, inoperable brain tumor on the brain stem. She is also paralyzed from the neck down and most doctors say that she won't have a chance to live more than a few weeks. She can't talk and she can only mouth out words. What is the point of keeping her alive? She's probably in living hell right now and her future basically consists of being a body in the bed. Let her die. I realize that as a parent, you want your children to live a long, healthy life and hope that you will die before they do. I know that her parents do not want Grace to die, but they have to stop being in denial. The quicker you take her off life support, the less pain she will endure. Just my .02

I think the person's right to live or die should be respected. If a person is confined to the hospital bed with a irreversible medical condition that puts them in excruciating pain and feels they would not want to continue to live, then that's their decision. I know what mine would be if I was in a similar situation.

It's Terri Shivo pt2 now. Only there's no husband (and the controversy surrounding him) wanting to decide her fate.

Not to trivialize this or add controversy, but why was Jack Kavorkian found guilty for all the assisted suicide cases? Wouldn't he be doing people a favor?

I hope I am never in such a position to choose, but I too would side with the person as it is his/her choice as they are the ones suffering. If they are capable of making the decision, I would say they get to make the final call.

Needless to say, I've seen this a lot in my 18-year EMS career.

If someone wants to die, let them. What happens to cancer victims' bodies as they get closer to death is downright horrible. Same with Alzheimer's, strokes, ALS (Lou Gehrig's), etc.

Archived