Subway shuttle?

transit bx

I've notive that TA/OA runs the shuttle for the subways, i was wondering if MTAB have a part in this field as well?

I've seen MTAB buses on the shuttles before, so i'm going to assume yes.

It kinda depends on where the incident or GO is.

I wouldn't say that. The Rockaway GOs always use TA buses, even though it'd be easier to send some buses from Far Rockaway or JFK than CS, QV, and Jamaica. Yet a (G) train GO a few years ago (look up the videos on YouTube) had only BC and even Long Island Bus running the shuttles when it would've made a lot more sense to send TA buses to that area.

I really don't get why BC can't run the subway shuttles usually. I mean, sure the subway is run by the TA, but it's happened before so why not again? A lot of the times the BC depots are closer to the GO affected area than the nearest TA depot. Maybe it's because of the TA destination signs being programmed for the subway lines (example "G TRAIN TO CHURCH AV") instead of just saying "SUBWAY SHUTTLE", though I've seen TA buses on the shuttles signed up just as a "SUBWAY SHUTTLE" before so IDK.

I wouldn't say that. The Rockaway GOs always use TA buses, even though it'd be easier to send some buses from Far Rockaway or JFK than CS, QV, and Jamaica. Yet a (G) train GO a few years ago (look up the videos on YouTube) had only BC and even Long Island Bus running the shuttles when it would've made a lot more sense to send TA buses to that area.

I really don't get why BC can't run the subway shuttles usually. I mean, sure the subway is run by the TA, but it's happened before so why not again? A lot of the times the BC depots are closer to the GO affected area than the nearest TA depot. Maybe it's because of the TA destination signs being programmed for the subway lines (example "G TRAIN TO CHURCH AV") instead of just saying "SUBWAY SHUTTLE", though I've seen TA buses on the shuttles signed up just as a "SUBWAY SHUTTLE" before so IDK.

Probably has to do with the buses that are available to use for the shuttles.

Whats funny is that, lastnight when i started my Q39 run from Queens plaza they had a NYCT dispatcher on the seen, after i did maybe two round or so trips, it was a MTAB dispatcher on the seen. So i don't see why MTAB can't run shuttles when NYCT uses MTAB dispatcher as well in the mix.

Whats funny is that, lastnight when i started my Q39 run from Queens plaza they had a NYCT dispatcher on the seen, after i did maybe two round or so trips, it was a MTAB dispatcher on the seen. So i don't see why MTAB can't run shuttles when NYCT uses MTAB dispatcher as well in the mix.

Are you sure about that? I talked with an MTAB dispatcher, and she said she didn't have any of the NYCT runs.

I wouldn't say that. The Rockaway GOs always use TA buses, even though it'd be easier to send some buses from Far Rockaway or JFK than CS, QV, and Jamaica.

ATU-1056 recently won an arbitration ruling prohibiting the use of MTABC buses for any shuttles in Queens, on the grounds that Bus Company doesn't run the subways.

ATU-1056 recently won an arbitration ruling prohibiting the use of MTABC buses for any shuttles in Queens, on the grounds that Bus Company doesn't run the subways.

I saw an MTAB Orion on the (7) shuttle, not so long ago.

That happened because they had way too many subway shuttles that weekend so they called for MTA Bus and Long Island Bus for help.

Even with the Jamaica cutover a while back, both TA and Long Island Bus was out there

Bus Company doesn't run Metro-North or the LIRR, and they're usually the ones sent out for their shuttles in addition to school buses and the occasional NYCT bus. Also, aren't some of the BC depots, even in Queens, staffed by Local 100 members?

Yes but atu and twu are very competitive with each other when it comes to there shuttle work!! I remember an incident a few years ago with a subway going down in manhattan where they needed 24/7 shuttles. Well queens got some runs since it was such a massive shuttle but after a couple days twu threw a fit bout us gettin a piece and the authority took away our runs.so now we know we r the only depots runnin the A,J,7 and any other queens shuttle.

Does this apply for JFK/Far Rock/Spring Creek only, or is it for all MTA Bus depots?

I remember when LIRR Jamaica Switch got damand by storm, I remember MTA Bus from JFK Airport were doing Hempstead Branch Shuttle of LIRR, while other MTA bus and LIB-leashed MCI Coach Bus doing Mineola-Jamaica shuttle.

I'm pretty sure I've seen video of that, and there were TA Orion Vs and RTSs running the Mineola-Jamaica shuttle as well.

Should be all. The arbitration was about MTABC buses after all.

I don't know about that, the arbitration have to be for JFK,FR and SC the rest of MTAB depots are under local 100. I spoke to my dispatch today and he did confirmed that MTAB can and have run subway shuttles.@CDTA it was a MTAB dispatcher on the seen yesterday at Queens plaza, i should know im a Bus op.

I don't know about that, the arbitration have to be for JFK,FR and SC the rest of MTAB depots are under local 100. I spoke to my dispatch today and he did confirmed that MTAB can and have run subway shuttles.@CDTA it was a MTAB dispatcher on the seen yesterday at Queens plaza, i should know im a Bus op.

It's actually against the contract we have with TA to let BC in our shuttle work, basically so there's always overtime for the folks here.

It's very rare you'll see BC out there doing shuttle work.

Archived