Front-Facing Advertising Debuts on MetroCards

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-58188600-1349698957_thumb.jpg[/float]MetroCards displaying a front-facing advertisement went on sale for the first time in early October. The MetroCards with the ad are the first in more than 15 years to feature anything other than the familiar gold design – instantly recognizable to any New Yorker – with blue lettering spelling "MetroCard."

The ad appearing on the cards was purchased by Gap and reads: "Be Bright NYC" with multicolored letters on a navy blue background. It encourages New Yorkers to visit Gap's newly remodeled flagship store at 34th Street and Broadway starting October 10, 2012.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-58188600-1349698957_thumb.jpg

Some people here don't like the way the new MetroCards look. Personally, its look different to me and is just something to get used to. If it gets the (MTA) more money and keeps us from another fare hike, I'm even more satisfied!

Link to the other thread: http://www.nyctransi...new-metrocards/

It won't keep us from another fare hike, not even for one second, it just gets the (MTA) more advertising revenue.

It won't keep us from another fare hike, not even for one second, it just gets the (MTA) more advertising revenue.

That revenue goes towards something, doesn't it. Not much, but every little bit helps.

I don't mind, but have at least SOME SIGN that it is a MetroCard... (like the (MTA) logo on the front somewhere)

They save that for the back. Though don't look for much since the word "MetroCard" is in small print.

It still goes a long way. To be honest the MTA needs to be more aggressive in the way it advertises and start wrapping more trains. And have multiple ad wraps per consist. Along with more MetroCard ads. Thats when the real money starts coming in.

I'm refilling my Metro-Card till the end, no ad stuff!

Its actually good to save your MetroCards. Its less trash that has to be cleaned up and it makes our subway system look a little less disgusting.

They save that for the back. Though don't look for much since the word "MetroCard" is in small print.

It still goes a long way. To be honest the MTA needs to be more aggressive in the way it advertises and start wrapping more trains. And have multiple ad wraps per consist. Along with more MetroCard ads. Thats when the real money starts coming in.

Its actually good to save your MetroCards. Its less trash that has to be cleaned up and it makes our subway system look a little less disgusting.

And have non-SBS buses completely wrapped in ads that don't cover the windows; the MTA on the front or the blue stripe will identify the bus as an MTA bus (only a few O7s and D60HFs would need to be repainted or re-decaled for such identification purposes).

I'm not risking it. This wil encourage people to throw their cards away and not refill them.

Are these those paper cards they planned years ago? Aren't those cheaper to produce, and meant to be thrown away (less cards becoming damaged from a lot of use and needing to be replaced), so that it would end up cost-efficient even if more of these cards do have to be produced?

Archived