New Dey Street Entrance To Open

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-61511800-1349699301_thumb.jpg[/float] Customers in Lower Manhattan will enjoy a new amenity as the MTA opens the Dey Street entrance on the (4)(5) on Monday, October 8 at 6:00 a.m.

This new entrance is the latest piece of the Fulton Center project to be completed. Fulton Center, now 80 percent complete, is on schedule to fully open in June 2014. The Federal Transit Administration provided $1.27 billion of the $1.4 billion budgeted for the project.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-61511800-1349699301_thumb.jpg

lol... Yeah and?? They do have powerwashers no??

I'm sure they clean the area, but its not like its going to be 100% clean. Of course, knowing how old this system is, and nearby sewage pipes, Expect this new entry to look just like South Ferry Station someday.

I'm sure they clean the area, but its not like its going to be 100% clean. Of course, knowing how old this system is, and nearby sewage pipes, Expect this new entry to look just like South Ferry Station someday.

It looks kind of like some of the tile work was done in stages though but unnecessarily since there is no passenger traffic there. I wouldn't be too sure about how clean they are either. I'm really amazed at how dirty some of these stations are already and they've been rehabbed.

Lol, for someone who advocates taking the express buses, you are overreacting about an entrance that isn't used for passengers yet.

Calm down... that does not look that dirty, Mr. Express Bus.

Listen I worked in construction for a few years, and this job looks cheap. That's my point. Saying it will look like South Ferry, someday... You mean more like pretty soon...

Listen I worked in construction for a few years, and this job looks cheap. That's my point. Saying it will look like South Ferry, someday... You mean more like pretty soon...

Well, I'm sure the (MTA) is doing it cheap in ways. This agency is cash strapped.

Doing construction cheap only comes back to bite you in the rear...

Well this System is pretty old... Once its fixed, it all goes to the bad end again. Sewage in this system is one of the major issues around. It will cost a lot of $$$$ to fix that up.

I always expect this would become dirty someday. The best thing is that they opened it. Keeping it closed will just define a waste of money the MTA has worked for.

My God, it looks so spacious. It will be a major improvement over the old entrance and passageways.

Just like what you said. It also has an elevator - making it ADA-accessible.

Archived