Which one doesn't belong (Subway edition)

Q43LTD

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Orion V 9441: Right station, wrong reason.

Ballpark was left alone after 2010, went down there last year and it's still there, just not in use.

The answer to the question has something to do with events that happened there.

Williamsburg Bridge

Tottenville SIR

Ball Park SIR

Union Square

Prospect Park

The responses to this should be rather interesting...

The Ball Park because it was only open on game days...

It's been 3 days, so I'll just say the answer.

Ballpark SIR because no train accident has occurred there.

Tottenville: Kim Canady was asleep and drove car 402 onto the beach.

Union Square: You probably already know about that wreck.

Prospect Park: Malbone Street Wreck 1918

Williamsburg Bridge: J train rear-ended an M train in 1995.

i got two for you.Only one answer out of the two is allow on my guess.

1-- 47-50 street

161 street yankee stadium

15 street prospect park

42 street 8th ave

station/mezzanine location

2-- 33 street (A)(C)(E)

Marble Hill (1)

Grand Central (4)(5)(6)

Woodside (7)

transfer connection to rail

It been 24 hours here it goes

15 street prospect park don't belong because that mezzanine/station location is not under a street like the other on the list. It curve thru everybody basement/backyard.

Grand Central don't belong because when you need to transfer from subway to rail you need to go upstair while the other you go downstair.

i give credit biG for only station that have 3 rails service.

no it don't. 15 street end at circle by prospect park west. the station staircase is across the street on prospect park west and curve inward to windsor terrace and howard place. i been using this stop for 4 years and enter the subway at windsor place. the stairs to the mezzanine is middle of the block. when you walk around the mezzanine and station it on curve.  The station booth is on the windsor terrace side and the other one is  on prospect park west side.   

"This underground station, opened on October 7, 1933 and added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places on July 27, 2005, has two tracks and an island platform. The two express tracks of the line run under Prospect Park, and are neither visible from this station nor used in revenue service.

The station and tunnel were constructed about 100 feet (30 m) east of Prospect Park West. Therefore, the station is not located underneath a street, and some portions of the tunnel are directly underneath Prospect Park, while others are between the west side of the park and 10th Avenue..."

Directly quoted from the Wikipedia page describing the station...

Dyre Avenue is the only one without a centre track leading to some sort of depot (The one at Junius Street leads to some yard at Canarsie, at 111th to Corona and Dyckman Street to the 207th street yard).

correct and that was too easy.

The one at canarsie leads to linden shops, which is unelectrified and is a track shop, where track switches and other components are assembled. It has a connection to the IRT New Lots Line, the BMT Canarsie and the LIRR Bay Ridge Branch, with a connection to the national rail network.

Archived