Which one doesn't belong (Subway edition)

Q43LTD

Jamaica has the newest and oldest elevation structure.

Pretty much correct.

The Jamaica Line has the longest elevated structure than any other (outdoor) corridor in the entire system. And yes, that also includes the oldest elevated structure that the Jamaica Line itself has as well.

Your turn.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree with Q43LTD, the (R) is the only one that isn't fully IND along its run. It runs on the IND Queens Blvd Line, then serves the BMT Broadway and BMT 4th Ave Lines.

BronxBombers, shouldn't you do some little changing to what you just said or it's too late already?

What about the Liberty Avenue Line the (A) uses to Lefferts? And the (F) south of Church Avenue? They were once BMT material, so BronxBombers isn't wrong.

The (F) south of Church is still BMT trackage. I don't recall that part of the (A) BMT track

I have to agree with Q43LTD, the (R) is the only one that isn't fully IND along its run. It runs on the IND Queens Blvd Line, then serves the BMT Broadway and BMT 4th Ave Lines.

BronxBombers, shouldn't you do some little changing to what you just said or it's too late already?

The (F) south of Church is still BMT trackage. I don't recall that part of the (A) BMT track

I'm pretty sure the Liberty Avenue elevated was once part of BMT Fulton Elevated. How about this, the (E) is the only route to stay on IND tracks. The others don't, the (R) switches from BMT to IND, the (F) uses former BMT tracks south of Church. The (A) uses former BMT and former LIRR tracks.

The (A) stays on IND tracks too

I have to agree with Q43LTD, the (R) is the only one that isn't fully IND along its run.

Actually, the A doesn't stay on IND tracks. Like MysteriousBtrain and BronxBombers said, part of the A runs on BMT trackage, and that would be the elevated stretch from 80th St to Lefferts Blvd. It was built by the BRT (later the BMT) as part of the Dual Contracts, and the opening of that section was mentioned on a New York Times article dated in 1915 - the IND didn't even exist at that time!

Just throwing that out there, to correct any misconceptions about that. Carry on.

Actually, the A doesn't stay on IND tracks. Like MysteriousBtrain and BronxBombers said, part of the A runs on BMT trackage, and that would be the elevated stretch from 80th St to Lefferts Blvd. It was built by the BRT (later the BMT) as part of the Dual Contracts, and the opening of that section was mentioned on a New York Times article dated in 1915 - the IND didn't even exist at that time!

Just throwing that out there, to correct any misconceptions about that. Carry on.

In addition part of the the  (A) is on LIRR [retrofitted for subway] Tracks. 

Archived