Metro-North Fall 2012/Winter 2013 Schedule Changes

Shortline Bus

I know exactly how slow the last trains are... been there done that, got the t shirt. To have to get on @ GCT, take a full local to Harmon, transfer then continue to Poughkeepsie (or vice versa). Not fun! Especially having to listen to "ding dong, this is the train to Croton Harmon, the next station is..." the whole way to Harmon!

Off topic but a question for Truckie. With planned new schedule, will the last "thru' express train leaving GCT for Poughkeepsie be extended to 1am?

Just saying this on a Side Note, If the Hudson Line was to be extended to Tivoli, then there would no longer be need for the Dutchess Loop to go there.

Electrification is definitly need north of Croton Harmon. Croton Harmon is too "early" from the city to be electrified up to there. That would mean the suspension of Hudson Line trains north of Croton Harmon, plus you would have issues with AMTRAK (not in terms of it's AMTRAK Property)

Off topic but a question for Truckie. With planned new schedule, will the last "thru' express train leaving GCT for Poughkeepsie be extended to 1am?

I wish I could say yes but honestly, I don't have a clue. I only know as much as is advertised.

Just saying this on a Side Note, If the Hudson Line was to be extended to Tivoli, then there would no longer be need for the Dutchess Loop to go there.

Electrification is definitly need north of Croton Harmon. Croton Harmon is too "early" from the city to be electrified up to there. That would mean the suspension of Hudson Line trains north of Croton Harmon, plus you would have issues with AMTRAK (not in terms of it's AMTRAK Property)

you should probably stay out of dutchess affairs you don't know riders up there let shortline mention the loop without cussin haha

Archived