Which line uses the R68 and R68A's the best?

MattTrain

Which line(s) does the R68 and R68A have their best runs?  

1. 1. Which line(s) does the R68 and R68A have their best runs?

I say (D)(N) and (Q). (D) trains are amongst the smoothest rides from Manhattan to Brooklyn, the (N) R68 cars are just as good as the (D), hardly any problems, and the trains are on time.

(Q)'s R68 and R68As are among the most reliable cars because of the available seating, and the trains almost never break down.

(W)'s R68 cars, well they need improvement.

(B)'s use is OK, can't really give it the best since it didn't use R68 and R68As frequently in the past.

I say (D)(N) and (Q). (D) trains are amongst the smoothest rides from Manhattan to Brooklyn, the (N) R68 cars are just as good as the (D), hardly any problems, and the trains are on time.

(Q)'s R68 and R68As are among the most reliable cars because of the available seating, and the trains almost never break down.

(W)'s R68 cars, well they need improvement.

(B)'s use is OK, can't really give it the best since it didn't use R68 and R68As frequently in the past.

Well, hold up here now. Why would the R68/As on the (W) need improvement if they're the same cars that you see on the (N) and (Q). The same R68/As on the (W) are the same as on the (N) and (Q) that come out of Coney Island Yard. Fleets are assigned to a line, not specific cars because the cars can show up on any line that can use them.

Well, hold up here now. Why would the R68/As on the (W) need improvement if they're the same cars that you see on the (N) and (Q). The same R68/As on the (W) are the same as on the (N) and (Q) that come out of Coney Island Yard. Fleets are assigned to a line, not specific cars because the cars can show up on any line that can use them.

I stand behind you all the way on this one Dude...

The way the (W) runs as an R68 or R68A, well there are moments where the (W) runs super slow and super fast. Sometimes the train seems like it's going to break down and it sounds like it too, that's just my experience with it.

The way the (W) runs as an R68 or R68A, well there are moments where the (W) runs super slow and super fast. Sometimes the train seems like it's going to break down and it sounds like it too, that's just my experience with it.

Thats cause there are spots that the (W) has to go slow. There are times that the (W) gets shafted for another train to go ahead. At its regular southern terminus, a train has to stay at Rector for a moment and then continuing slowly to Whitehall because it has to wait for the (W) thats in Whitehall to leave.

Thats all. It has nothing to do with the cars.

Does the train sound like its about to break down on curves? Like the one in the city hall station area?

I voted the (Q) because those 68A run very well on that line.

They run good on the (:( line also really move on the brighton express if you get a good set, like 2836. That set was flying down the brighton express.

The R68A are great on the (Q), I agree 100%

When the (B) uses R68 and R68A cars, although I didn't vote for that one, I'll admit, those trains run very fast, faster than the R40/M and R42 cars that ran on the (B). More people get seats with the (B) if using the R68 cars.

The (B) can really fly on the Brighton, I agree with that too. B)

I rode 2796 ( South Motor ) on the (B) today, Rode It Manhattan Bound. Ill tell ya, the ride was so smooth.. It felt as if we were gliding above the rails..

Do you think the R68 (B) trains are that smooth. Well I'll have to agree with you. The ride isn't just smooth, it's really fast, and long. It's fun seeing two identical trains (B) and (Q) run alongside each other. Very fun! B)

The (D) and the (Q).

The (D) and (Q) are very popular lines for R68/A cars lately.

(B)(D) (Q6) and (Q) !

But I would chose the (D).

The (D) uses R68s and has been using them mostly since their initial use back in 1986. The train cars are smooth, not bumpy and lots of seats! :(

Do you think the R68 (B) trains are that smooth. Well I'll have to agree with you. The ride isn't just smooth, it's really fast, and long. It's fun seeing two identical trains (B) and (Q) run alongside each other. Very fun! B)

The (D) and (Q) are very popular lines for R68/A cars lately.

The (D) uses R68s and has been using them mostly since their initial use back in 1986. The train cars are smooth, not bumpy and lots of seats! :(

I think its Cool:cool:, to see both the (B) & (Q) use the same equipment. It reminds me of the early to mid 90s with the (D) & (Q6); hence the <Q> signs being displayed because no (Q6) signs were on the 68s back then. Fun? I dont know if Id use that word, but whatever floats your boat..

I think its Cool:cool:, to see both the (B) & (Q) use the same equipment. It reminds me of the early to mid 90s with the (D) & (Q6); hence the <Q> signs being displayed because no (Q6) signs were on the 68s back then. Fun? I dont know if Id use that word, but whatever floats your boat..

Thank you, I have one suggestion for the (D) (Q6):

I think when the (D) and (Q6) were using the same equipment R68 and R68A, the fact that the (Q6) was signed up as a (Q) and the common <Q> back in the early 1990s helped riders differentiate between (D) (local) and (Q6) (express). Some people complained that the (D) and (Q6) trains when looked from a distance the (D) and (Q6) looked like an orange (O) train. That is what most fellow riders of the now (:((Q) trains would tell me.

I think when the (D) and (Q6) were using the same equipment R68 and R68A, the fact that the (Q6) was signed up as a (Q) and the common <Q> back in the early 1990s helped riders differentiate between (D) (local) and (Q6) (express). Some people complained that the (D) and (Q6) trains when looked from a distance the (D) and (Q6) looked like an orange (O) train. That is what most fellow riders of the now (B)(Q) trains would tell me.

I saw photos of it

I think when the (D) and (Q6) were using the same equipment R68 and R68A, the fact that the (Q6) was signed up as a (Q) and the common <Q> back in the early 1990s helped riders differentiate between (D) (local) and (Q6) (express). Some people complained that the (D) and (Q6) trains when looked from a distance the (D) and (Q6) looked like an orange (O) train. That is what most fellow riders of the now (B)(Q) trains would tell me.

Not for nothing dude, but this is the first I ever heard of people ' Having difficulty differentiating' between a letter (:( & a letter (Q).

Do these look the Same? :

orange.jpg

lemon3.jpg

Not for nothing dude, but this is the first I ever heard of people ' Having difficulty differentiating' between a letter (:( & a letter (Q).

That's a funny demonstration. B) Oranges and Lemons are very different looking fruits. You have the lemon resemble a (Q) and a orange resemble a (B). I generally don't have trouble differentiating between (B) and (Q), but now that you brought this up, we can refer to subway lines by the color of the fruit. But I see what you mean.

I'm surprised that the R68 and R68A trains on the (N) aren't getting votes or reviews. R68 and R68A's are great on the (N). The R68/A (N) trains fly along the Broadway Line in Manhattan and the 4th Avenue segment in Brooklyn, between Atlantic-Pacific and 59th Streets.

The (D) and (Q) must be performing better than the (N) when it comes to R68 cars.

I'm surprised that the R68 and R68A trains on the (N) aren't getting votes or reviews. R68 and R68A's are great on the (N). The R68/A (N) trains fly along the Broadway Line in Manhattan and the 4th Avenue segment in Brooklyn, between Atlantic-Pacific and 59th Streets.

The (D) and (Q) must be performing better than the (N) when it comes to R68 cars.

The (N) is doing fine with the R160s and we (who commute every morning to work) are not missing the R68s at all.

Nothing against the R68s. We just like the R160s and prefer it to stay that way.

That's a funny demonstration. :) Oranges and Lemons are very different looking fruits. You have the lemon resemble a (Q) and a orange resemble a (B). I generally don't have trouble differentiating between (B) and (Q), but now that you brought this up, we can refer to subway lines by the color of the fruit. But I see what you mean.

I hope you caught onto that; Lemon (Q) / Orange (B), and I dont think many people would want to get on a Blueberry (A) Train, so If you want to refer to subway routes as Fruits, then do whatever you got to do. I dont and wont.

Archived