Which line uses the R68 and R68A's the best?

MattTrain

Which line(s) does the R68 and R68A have their best runs?  

1. 1. Which line(s) does the R68 and R68A have their best runs?

I prefer the 68s on the Broadway lines.

Anyways, I think the Kawasaki R68s are getting a good cleaning: the metal window frames are squeaky clean. I got on several (B)s and (Q)s and noticed the freshness. They don't resemble R160 frames, but they are close enough. I haven't seen this change on the Alstom R68As yet.

Anyways, I think the Kawasaki R68s are getting a good cleaning: the metal window frames are squeaky clean. I got on several (B)s and (Q)s and noticed the freshness. They don't resemble R160 frames, but they are close enough. I haven't seen this change on the Alstom R68As yet.

The R68A's on (:P(Q)(W) are cleaner than the R68s on (:)(D)(N)(Q)(W).

The R68s are Westinghouse.

The R68As are Kawasaki.

Oops. Sorry about that.

hmm the I think Westinghouse-Amrail was under Alsthom (now Alstom), but I could be wrong.

Yeah, the builder plates on the R68s can throw someone off with it saying Alsthom smack dab in the middle, in a bigger font than Westinghouse.....

The R68 on the (D) is the best. Most of their car windows are shiny and their interiors are clean. YES. Now I'd like to see some R68A's on the (D), just like the old days when they ran on the Brighton Line.

And replying to the previous post: Westinghouse manufactured the first R68 cars, that's true.

The R68 on the (D) is the best. Most of their car windows are shiny and their interiors are clean. YES. Now I'd like to see some R68A's on the (D), just like the old days when they ran on the Brighton Line.

And replying to the previous post: Westinghouse manufactured the first R68 cars, that's true.

I saw one last week but don't know car number

I saw one last week but don't know car number

If your ride the subway car and you want to remember information, just jot down the car number and the route that it was in. For example. I took a R68 #2820 on (:D, last Tuesday.

And speaking of which, the (D) R68's are the best!

The (N) is doing fine with the R160s and we (who commute every morning to work) are not missing the R68s at all.

Nothing against the R68s. We just like the R160s and prefer it to stay that way.

I see some R68's run on the (N) today. The (N)'s fleet isn't R160B's as of today. I always thought the R68 (N) trains were pretty cool, especially riding the whole route and looking out the window while sitting on the perpendicular-leaning seats, you'd only have to turn your head slightly. R160B's don't have perpendicular-leaning seats, so you'd have to turn 180 if you're sitting on the bench seats. Looking at Astoria, then the express section between Herald Square, Manhattan<-------->59th Street Brooklyn, there's a lot to see.

I pick the (D) because the R68s are pretty clean there.

Actually I've been seeing clean new window frames on alot of Coney Island equipment, both R68 and R68A. I don't think those are old ones that are cleaned, but new ones which actually do resemble the R160/160A/160A-2. They're the new frames which have a smoother surface and as a result less extra surface area than the R68/68A originals so they're easier to clean. I can see now that as cars get shopped they share quite a few spare parts with other equipment.

Archived