BL Queen Bee BRT update?

mark1447

Does anyone have any update for Westchester 's Central Ave / Central Park & Jerome Ave BRT service for the w20? Or is the financial issue still present?

The only BRT discussion I'm reading about is related to the Interstate 287 Corridor (TzX pretty much).... Which is from Aug...

http://planning.westchestergov.com/bus-rapid-transit

(And yes Queen Bee is the planned name for BRT as I've read before)

Does anyone have any update for Westchester 's Central Ave / Central Park & Jerome Ave BRT service for the w20? Or is the financial issue still present?

The only BRT discussion I'm reading about is related to the Interstate 287 Corridor (TzX pretty much).... Which is from Aug...

http://planning.west...s-rapid-transit

(And yes Queen Bee is the planned name for BRT as I've read before)

Looks like they are concentrating on I-287 corridor which is interesting it is a good start but I am sad it won't be rail but BRT will do just as well. But won't be able to be meshed into the NH line branch lines like the rail option would.

Looks like they are concentrating on I-287 corridor which is interesting it is a good start but I am sad it won't be rail but BRT will do just as well. But won't be able to be meshed into the NH line branch lines like the rail option would.

Where did you hear about the NHL being involved into the Tappen Zee project? If a rail line were built, the PJL would connect with the Hudson and Harlem lines, at Tarrytown and White Plains.

For the BRT service, maybe an extension to Port Chester would be nice. This would give customers access to the NEC and area, instead of using the 13 bus. Of course, the run would operate via i287 so the 13 wouldn't be totally affected.

Where did you hear about the NHL being involved into the Tappen Zee project? If a rail line were built, the PJL would connect with the Hudson and Harlem lines, at Tarrytown and White Plains.

For the BRT service, maybe an extension to Port Chester would be nice. This would give customers access to the NEC and area, instead of using the 13 bus. Of course, the run would operate via i287 so the 13 wouldn't be totally affected.

I believe he got it from one of the proposed rail options in the Tappan Zee Hyper-Regional Planning document, the rail line would branch off the NHL and run along the Cross-Westchester Expwy (I-287 NY) and operate in a subway-like fashion in White Plains, another proposal was a line branching off the Hudson Line just south of the Tarrytown Station. I personally won't mind a White Plains <-> Suffern line with a transfer to the 13 Bus.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe he got it from one of the proposed rail options in the Tappan Zee Hyper-Regional Planning document, the rail line would branch off the NHL and run along the Cross-Westchester Expwy (I-287 NY) and operate in a subway-like fashion in White Plains, another proposal was a line branching off the Hudson Line just south of the Tarrytown Station. I personally won't mind a White Plains <-> Suffern line with a transfer to the 13 Bus.

Well maybe the 13 can go express between tarrytown and white plains to speed up service and let another bus handle local service on rte 119. Either a new line that replaces 5's harrison segment. Or extension of the 21 WITH full time service added to it of course eliminating all 20X rush hour trips and replacing them with 21s.

Back on topic Yes the rail proposal would have allowed trains to originate at new canaan and travel via I-287 corridor to suffern Personally I would have liked it to go into NJ and link to pompton lakes but too expensive.

ok oh ok and do you think they'll get the 3 door artics or buy two types of artics the 3 door ones and the two door ones.

If there is stops mid-road, perhaps artics will be specified with doors on both sides. At this point, nothing is set in stone.

Dont hold your breath waiting for 3-door artics. Currently, the bee-line only has 100 or so Neoplans, which are interchanged through many different routes. To have 3-doors on any route, you need to have a 3-door capable route (The bee-line only has a hand full of those). That would require a pool of additional buses and extra $$$. If there is any chatter about 3-doored buses, there will be plenty of news about it.

Likely they'll start the service when it's time to replace the current artics, which would allow a fleet increase.

The bee-line already has a large handfull of buses sitting in reserve. more recently, they donated buses to a service upstate. no fleet increases anytime soon.

The bee-line already has a large handfull of buses sitting in reserve. more recently, they donated buses to a service upstate. no fleet increases anytime soon.

No they don't.

The Bee-Line has 329 buses with a peak vehicle requirement of about 280. That is a spare ratio of 15%. The FTA limits spare to 20% of the peak fleet.

Also, as a point of clarification, the Bee-Line has 78 Neoplan artics.

• 2 weeks later...

Well maybe the 13 can go express between tarrytown and white plains to speed up service and let another bus handle local service on rte 119. Either a new line that replaces 5's harrison segment. Or extension of the 21 WITH full time service added to it of course eliminating all 20X rush hour trips and replacing them with 21s.

Back on topic Yes the rail proposal would have allowed trains to originate at new canaan and travel via I-287 corridor to suffern Personally I would have liked it to go into NJ and link to pompton lakes but too expensive.

13 Express? Yeah right. The 13 has decent ridership between Tarrytown and White Plains (Via Elmsford), including the Benedict 13B. Why do you think its full time[Not Late Night] from Tarrytown to Port Chester, unlike all the way to Ossining. While the w1W [White Plains], w5, w14 and a few other routes operates via NY119 (Tarrytown/White Plains Rd), these buses don't run entirely across NY119. The w1W runs across NY 119, starting at US9, but not as frequent compared to the w13, due to it being a branch. Also, most people who get on along 119 don't all get off at White Plains. Many of them stay on to get to Westchester Ave and/or Port Chester. Rye not sure.

I don't see a purpose of a 13 Express. I think the whole purpose with BRT over I287 is for a replacement of the TappenZee Express.

For the 21... Thats suppose to be eliminated, once NY100's BRT service comes in. It ill be replaced by another 20 (BRT).

Likely they'll start the service when it's time to replace the current artics, which would allow a fleet increase.

Yeah, in the next 2-3 years or so? I think the AN460s got refirbed in 09. They are pretty much running in good shape, frankly.

13 Express? Yeah right. The 13 has decent ridership between Tarrytown and White Plains (Via Elmsford), including the Benedict 13B. Why do you think its full time[Not Late Night] from Tarrytown to Port Chester, unlike all the way to Ossining. While the w1W [White Plains], w5, w14 and a few other routes operates via NY119 (Tarrytown/White Plains Rd), these buses don't run entirely across NY119. The w1W runs across NY 119, starting at US9, but not as frequent compared to the w13, due to it being a branch. Also, most people who get on along 119 don't all get off at White Plains. Many of them stay on to get to Westchester Ave and/or Port Chester. Rye not sure.

I don't see a purpose of a 13 Express. I think the whole purpose with BRT over I287 is for a replacement of the TappenZee Express.

For the 21... Thats suppose to be eliminated, once NY100's BRT service comes in. It ill be replaced by another 20 (BRT).

Yeah, in the next 2-3 years or so? I think the AN460s got refirbed in 09. They are pretty much running in good shape, frankly.

Exactly correct !

Wouldn't the 21 number still be used internally for BRT ridership and other figures (unless they combine that with the 20)?

BxM4C is really the 28

I really don't know. Frankly I don't know why Westchester wants to replace the 21, with just a 20.. Maybe just trying to be like the MTA, with its Bx12 and M15..

Plus there would be three 20s or maybe four?

20 (Cross County - Bedford Park)

20 (Fort Hill Road - Bedford Park)?

20 / 20 Queen Bee (White Plains - Bedford Park)

I really don't know. Frankly I don't know why Westchester wants to replace the 21, with just a 20.. Maybe just trying to be like the MTA, with its Bx12 and M15..

Plus there would be three 20s or maybe four?

20 (Cross County - Bedford Park)

20 (Fort Hill Road - Bedford Park)?

20 / 20 Queen Bee (White Plains - Bedford Park)

No. There are no changes to the 20. The plan is tohave the BRT replace the #21.

I was baiting ya I had a feeling that was the case.

No. There are no changes to the 20. The plan is tohave the BRT replace the #21.

Why can't they add 7-day service to the 21 first then later rename it queen bee?

I was baiting ya I had a feeling that was the case.

Why can't they add 7-day service to the 21 first then later rename it queen bee?

The #21 does operate 7 days a week.....between Bedford Park and CCSC. Demand north of theme simply does not warrant additional service. The #20 has sufficient capacity. In fact, additional service could still be added to the #21 between Bedford Park and the Raceway. Buses are still coming north packed at 10 PM.

The #21 does operate 7 days a week.....between Bedford Park and CCSC. Demand north of theme simply does not warrant additional service. The #20 has sufficient capacity. In fact, additional service could still be added to the #21 between Bedford Park and the Raceway. Buses are still coming north packed at 10 PM.

Total BS convert the 20X trips before 9PM into 21 white plains trips. Let the central park ave corridor have full time LTD service on the entire corridor. Then eventually convert it into BRT. If you are going to get BRT LTD stop service between WP and bedford park then let people get used to LTD service by having 21 go to WP the 20 is usually late and 20X outside of night hours is a joke and a complete waste doesn't save enough time so as 21 less stops and gas wasted the regular 20 is good enough for local service. People north of there should not be stuck with slow tardy service. That's like saying 1W is a good alternative to the 3 no it is not ones trip should not take 90+ mins for what is supposed to be a 30 min journey especially when the majority are going from WP to yonkers. Same applies to the 21/20 if your really serious about BRT then let people get used to full time LTD stop service along the entire corridor. You will be surprised how much people hate the fort hill trips while waiting for White plains try being a passenger.

Archived