The "Great Wall of Concourse" and 174-175 Streets

Here's a short video I shot from an uptown (4) train; the focus is the stretch of the Grand Concourse known as the "Great Wall of China."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQaAGBpeKU

I also added a photo gallery to the 174-175 Streets page on my blog with 15 new photos; click here to view!

Also, I added a separate blog post detailing the closed areas of said station; click here to view (12 additional photos plus two BONUS photos)!

ENJOY!! :D

LMAO.... Great Wall of China... I always thought that the Concourse was supposed to be representative of the Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris...

The Concourse is still representative of that Avenue (although it'd be more so if the entire Concourse was redone in the style of the beautiful Historic District). I did note that the "Great Wall" only spans the two-block stretch between 174 and 175 Streets (and a lil' bit beyond either street)...

You are doing for the Bronx for what Brian Merlis has done for the neighborhoods of Brooklyn. The rich history of the Bronx has not been covered pictorally before as you are doing in your detailed pictures and history what is navailable for Brooklyn.

Thank you.

I really appreciate your sentiments. You're very welcome - and rest assured there are many more pix to come! :)

Archived