Nostalgia Train for Yankee Fans

GojiMet86

[float=left]post-5097-0-41852500-1349878796_thumb.jpg[/float]Fans choosing the smart way to travel to the Yankees first home American League Divisional Series (ALDS) playoff game against the Baltimore Orioles will get the chance to travel back in time by riding a vintage IRT train that first hit the rails a few years before the original stadium first opened its doors.

Yankee fans who regularly ride the (4) train to Yankee Stadium are accustomed to new trains featuring brightly-lit interiors, optimally-controlled interior temperatures and high-tech customer information delivered via digitized voice announcements and signs.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-41852500-1349878796_thumb.jpg

Unless they've added a car, it will be 4 cars, like last year:

This one was unusual in that it come on the local track. There is some considerable distance between the ends of the platform and the train itself.

When I went on it last year it came in on the Express track...we'll see what happens.

Nonstop? Are they sure about that? Every time the MTA has run this trip it has made all the regular (4) line stops (even 138th if regular (4) trains are stopping there when the Lo-V gets there). Besides, track capacity is still a little tight at that hour so even if this train runs non-stop it's going to be a slow ride.

I wonder how long this train will be, in terms of platform length. Thats my only concern.

Let's see. They have the trailer number 4902, which is in the museum and would make a five car train right there. Don't know if 5655 is ready yet. I doubt it though cause I really haven't heard much about that car. So it's likely we will see a four car train again this time around.

Nonstop? Are they sure about that? Every time the MTA has run this trip it has made all the regular (4) line stops (even 138th if regular (4) trains are stopping there when the Lo-V gets there). Besides, track capacity is still a little tight at that hour so even if this train runs non-stop it's going to be a slow ride.

I agree.At 6:30 the trains are still pretty frequent.Might as well make all the stops.

The smart thing would be to take the BxM4 or MetroNorth. It's almost impossible to get a (D) or (4) train to Yankees stadium at night. <_<

Really, I find the subway mucho faster. Plus the subway is much cheaper. On the (4) trains run at around 10tph which means a train comes every 6 or so minutes.

Really, I find the subway mucho faster. Plus the subway is much cheaper. On the (4) trains run at around 10tph which means a train comes every 6 or so minutes.

LOL... When I tried to take the (4) to Yankees stadium it was a mess. Trains took forever to come and when they did they were so packed that you couldn't get on. I gave up and took the (7) to the (D).

LOL... When I tried to take the (4) to Yankees stadium it was a mess. Trains took forever to come and when they did they were so packed that you couldn't get on. I gave up and took the (7) to the (D).

I don't see how you cannot squeeze on... Most people are gonna get off in a few stops. If your coming from GCT the crowds get off on the UES from 59th to 125th.

I don't see how you cannot squeeze on... Most people are gonna get off in a few stops. If your coming from GCT the crowds get off on the UES from 59th to 125th.

Squeeze in where... There was no where to squeeze to. There was a train maybe every 10 minutes which is a disaster on that line. Aside from that, I don't squeeze in on trains. Not my cup of tea. I don't want some dirty so and so breathing on me or touching me.

Squeeze in where... There was no where to squeeze to. There was a train maybe every 10 minutes which is a disaster on that line. Aside from that, I don't squeeze in on trains. Not my cup of tea. I don't want some dirty so and so breathing on me or touching me.

You're in NYC... you have to learn how to respect crap.

Lex is good to go...

Delays Posted: 10/10/2012 6:06PM

Following an earlier incident, 4.png and 5.png train service has resumed with residual delays.

lol... Residual delays on that line is anything but good to go...

You're in NYC... you have to learn how to respect crap.

LOL... Yeah it's called MetroNorth or the BxM4...

Eh, different strokes for different folks and all that. With that said, this is a thread for the Nostalgia Train running to the stadium, not one on how you're planning on getting to the game.

Archived