Nostalgia Train for Yankee Fans

GojiMet86

The train ran on Wednesday and Thursday, I was there both days but actually got on the train yesterday (on Wednesday got a run-by at one of the stations). It might run today at 4 pm, it depends if the Yankees lose or not (If they lose its another game tonight), but from the looks of it they are tied so idk if another game might happen.

Nonstop? Are they sure about that? Every time the MTA has run this trip it has made all the regular (4) line stops (even 138th if regular (4) trains are stopping there when the Lo-V gets there). Besides, track capacity is still a little tight at that hour so even if this train runs non-stop it's going to be a slow ride.

So? We're not allowed to ever change things? Yes, the trains ran non-stop. The only stops they made were for signals.

Meh, if there were going to be red signals along the way, I see little reason to run the trips non-stop. The one thing it should accomplish however is this keeps the regular geese away.

The one time I rode the Lo-V (before a 4pm game during the 2010 playoffs) the train was jam packed with Yankee fans, school kids, and peculiar geese that rode for the heck of it.

I wouldn't be surprised they run again. They run for all the home games for the playoffs. So tomorrow and Sunday, 'come on down'. *Of course check the MTA website.

Meh, if there were going to be red signals along the way, I see little reason to run the trips non-stop. The one thing it should accomplish however is this keeps the regular geese away.

The one time I rode the Lo-V (before a 4pm game during the 2010 playoffs) the train was jam packed with Yankee fans, school kids, and peculiar geese that rode for the heck of it.

Same deal with me regarding the 2010 ALCS. It was packed with people getting on at 86th and 125th. I was surprised about the no stops this year, but I don't mind. No worries about crowding :)

The GO doesn't specify when the Lo-V goes into service, but it's scheduled to leave E180 at 1500, run lite to the South Ferry loop and then up to Grand Central. Today's trip left E180 at 1300 so do the math.

So it's being stored at 180th?

It runs out of E180 so that they have the flexibility of sending it down either the East or West side in order to loop.

Mosholu Yard doesn't have any extra room. That's why it needs to lay up a couple (4)'s next door in Concourse. I suppose keeping it there could be an option though.....

It runs out of E180 so that they have the flexibility of sending it down either the East or West side in order to loop.

Mosholu Yard doesn't have any extra room. That's why it needs to lay up a couple (4)'s next door in Concourse. I suppose keeping it there could be an option though.....

And that also answers my R142's in Concourse question.

The remainder of my post shouod have read "I wih I got to see it or better yet, OPERATE it." I was on board at WOodlawn so I was waiting for the call to come... Oh well, no Low V for me. Not that I would have any idea how to operate such an ancient piece of equipment.

Odds are it's probably a very short list on who can operate vintage equipment.

As for whether or not it is running today, the Low-V is indeed running today and tomorrow for sure, and next weekend too if games 6 and 7 are needed, and "as long as the Bronx Bombers are in the playoffs" according to Mr. Prendergast.

Proof here.

Archived