Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
BZGuy

Oddball NJT equipment sightings (Rail and Bus)

I decided to start a thread on this subject because there seem to be alot of weird equipment sightings lately.

Example......today 7121 (a Meadowlands D4500) was operating in service on the 111 (and Ironbound rte)

A while ago I saw a 5600-series Ironbound NABI (cant remember the exact number) on the 94 (an Orange garage route).

And every so often now I see a Nova on the 66. Strange since Ironbound has no Novas in their garage last time I checked..

like a week ago the 320 line using a suburban nabi (medowlands)and i was thinking no way in hell that is a reasonable equipment for rush hour because it is always uses mci buses

Reasons available:

- Original bus broke down, and the closest garage gave them the only bus they got

- Not enough buses due to maintenance, so they use whatever available (I've done different routes with the wrong buses, it is normal at times)

I have seen a couple of years ago 2 MCIs at Hilton garage and that was definetly a rare but odd sighting

i remember a few years ago i saw a 139 had a flexible on their route. i saw it on gsp going over raritan bay bridge

O and 1426 Novabus RTS on Route 39

Is 1426 from Hilton or Orange?! If Hilton, they along with Big Tree use Novas/NABIs on the 13 & 39 a lot on off-peak hours and weekends lol

• Upvote 1

Remember 39 is Hilton's route so to see a RTS or a Crapi serving it is pretty normal (also same goes for the 13, Hilton & Big Tree share it).

Also i have seen numerous times a Neoplan (9510, 9508, 9513) on the 99

• Upvote 1

Remember 39 is Hilton's route so to see a RTS or a Crapi serving it is pretty normal (also same goes for the 13, Hilton & Big Tree share it).

Also i have seen numerous times a Neoplan (9510, 9508, 9513) on the 99

Ah ok i get it im 2 cities over and it caught me by surprise lol

NJT Neoplan 3531 had clever devices and some NABIs in newark saying watch out bus is turning then said the same thing in spanish

That must explain what i'm hearing on the outside of the Nabis i be on lmao i would be inside then i hear something coming from the bus on the outside i'm like huh? lol

same thing happened when i was in downtown today and passed a 1 while it was pulling off.

• Upvote 2

That must explain what i'm hearing on the outside of the Nabis i be on lmao i would be inside then i hear something coming from the bus on the outside i'm like huh? lol

same thing happened when i was in downtown today and passed a 1 while it was pulling off.

i know it was by surprise i was just waiting there then i hear one NABI on the 99 say it then i heard it on the 107 i was like wow lol
  • Upvote 1

NABI on the 317, now that's odd.

my profile pic of the 317 is proof...

7182 on the 502 is an exact fare fail

I once heard an MCI D4000 on the 450, same fail as above ^

and i also heard of a NABI on the 551

my profile pic of the 317 is proof...

7182 on the 502 is an exact fare fail

I once heard an MCI D4000 on the 450, same fail as above ^

and i also heard of a NABI on the 551

OUCH 4 hours of HELL.

450 with MCI?? coach on 502 WTF MAN :wacko::blink:

Edited by qjtransitmaster

yeah your right so NJT has a shortage of buses and drivers it seems ehh?

Yup. That's the case with the 817.

One oddball sighting for me is when I see those CUSA NABIs doing the Newark Airport Express. It just seems odd to me that they would use a Transit bus for that purpose.