Oddball NJT equipment sightings (Rail and Bus)

BZGuy

Yup. That's the case with the 817.

One oddball sighting for me is when I see those CUSA NABIs doing the Newark Airport Express. It just seems odd to me that they would use a Transit bus for that purpose.

It was normal for me when i worked at Newark Airport. Also I have seen Novas (both Red & Tan and ONE Bus Novas) working the Newark Airport Express on multiple occasions during my time there

Oh yeah when i said that yesterday i saw the 1263 on the 1 i think i got that wrong

is that bus still in service? if not then i mistook it for 1268 which i saw on the 34 today

Also yesterday i was on the 1490 on the 90 but i forgot which garage that bus came from.

"Saw two Novas on the 107 this morning. Both from Hilton. Posted pics in the pics/videos forum."

I've seen that too many times, but its also normal since the 107 is covered by Hilton

thats funny because 5426 was on the 1 yesterday

Also normal. 5426 is Hilton's bus so that's OK.

Also before they retired the Metro Ds the last one from Hilton, 3774, was used on the 1 & 25 a few occasions

Oh yeah when i said that yesterday i saw the 1263 on the 1 i think i got that wrong

is that bus still in service? if not then i mistook it for 1268 which i saw on the 34 today

Also yesterday i was on the 1490 on the 90 but i forgot which garage that bus came from.

Yesterday, I thought I saw that same bus too #1263 but it was on the 107.

I saw this morning a NABI #6222 working the Rt 116 line which is normally a MCI!!!

NABIs that are delivered to NJ Transit, normally go to Ironbound before they get distributed to the assigned garages... so Ironbound must've needed whatever buses they have

• 3 weeks later...

two odd things i saw.

I saw a NjTransit train engine in Ridgewood pulling 2 propane tank and a crane. Never saw this is my life.

I saw on new NABI a wrap around ad on the 834 at 9am. they really ruined the look of what the bus look like. i forgot what the ad was.

• 2 weeks later...

"A few of Hilton's 5800s have had the bike racks removed from the front. That might indicate that they're going to start using them on the 107/108.

This might be a stupid question, but is it ever possible for NJT to have transit buses converted to suburbans?!"

Archived