Oddball NJT equipment sightings (Rail and Bus)

BZGuy

"A few of Hilton's 5800s have had the bike racks removed from the front. That might indicate that they're going to start using them on the 107/108.

This might be a stupid question, but is it ever possible for NJT to have transit buses converted to suburbans?!"

the reason y a few of hilton's 5800's r missing bike racks is bc hilton is doing the 126 & they need em since they don't have enough 5400's.to help out on that line.

Academy was stealing from the taxpayers yet again at the Meadowlands today with numerous Perth Amboy and Hillside NABIs in service on the parking shuttle, they didn't cover up the NJT logos this time either. Also caught ALP-45DP #4502 with multilevels on the Meadowlands Line and got to ride it to Secaucus. Then, I caught Comets running the NEC, it was either the northbound due Secaucus at 4:41 or a put-in, it showed up a few minutes early with a few people on board so I'm thinking it was a put-in that didn't show up on the departure boards. With all those Jets fans coming off the Meadowlands line, sending out Comets was a BIG mistake since they were turning Multilevels into sardine cans and filled up those Comets real quick. But I guess if it was a put-in they had to use whatever they could get.

Saw multilevel cab car (702x) with different kind of destination sign. It was similar to those ones on the buses, and it also showed the train number. So it said SUFFERN, Train 11xx. It was different from other multilevels from traditional destination sign.

You spotted one of the Multilevel II's. They just got here about a month ago.

• 2 weeks later...
NABI bus 6264 was drivien along Milll Creek Plaza Drive with 123 congress st signage along with Broad St station descrpition and i was like wtf what is this bus doing here in Secacus and 123 goes to Newark lol

Probably a new driver that doesn't know how to use the Clever Device correctly. There are certain codes that can be placed (553 would know what I mean) when there was a bus that would pass by Broad Street. BTW, 123 goes to Jersey City/Union City.

7176 on the 190x to Paterson tonight. Driver did not look pleased at all!

Only because they was probably a 190R to Rutherford and the station starter put that driver on the 190X, which is a longer trip.

saw D4500CL on 126 today...at PABT

If it's during the rush, that's normal. Rush hour, Meadowlands would ship out a MCI's, Nova's, Flex's, and NABI's for the rush hour since that has a massive amount of people trying to catch the bus to get back to NYC. I've done the 126 on Flex, Nova, MCI, and NABI. Not surprised. Ironbound is the same way. Howell was the same too when they used to do the 126.

I saw 7124 working the 123 last night. also 1490 came from egg haror harbor. also 5440 working da 164 is nothing new my friend from market st. told me their a couple drivers who prefer to take a 54xx instead of an mci out to da port.

MCI's are used but really on the rush hour. 164 on Market Street doesn't surprise me since it seems that Market Street is phasing out, in my view, their MCI's for NABI's. If that's the case, I think they need to give up their MCI's and get more NABI's. I mean, all their GWB Lines is now NABI Country, which is UGLY IMO. I missed MCI's at GWBBS.

"A few of Hilton's 5800s have had the bike racks removed from the front. That might indicate that they're going to start using them on the 107/108.

This might be a stupid question, but is it ever possible for NJT to have transit buses converted to suburbans?!"

Transit to Suburbans would cost a boat load of money because you also got to figure the following:

placing luggage racks on the bus

placing individual stop request, reading lights, and air vents on the bus (AC is big $$$)

and you know that the seating arrangement would have to change since you really can't have passengers sitting sideways instead of facing forward. NJT would rather place more butts in the chairs to make more $$$.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i saw a NABI on the 6 idling at Journal Square with the sign reading "6 Journal Square via Ocean Ave, Prudential Center"  i was like wtf since when does the 6 serves The Rock? lol... mustve been a glitch or a code was wrong...

Archived