Metro North Yankee Stadium Service Question?

Andres

Hey all

now ive been wondering about this for a while. I think it was last year Metro North introduced rail service from the New Haven and Harlem line's to Yankee Stadium to on select game days. Now when these trains come from the north they use the Wye at Mott Haven Junction, from there they go to Yankee Stadium-153rd Street. Now at Yankee stadium where do they go to from there? Do they turn back north and head back through the wye or do they turn south to GCT? I saw an M6 at 153rd street once on game day but i did not see where it went after that. Or do they head North to Croton-Harmon on regular service?

1) New Haven / Harlem Service service to the game has been around since about 2009, when the Station opened.

2) Trains are stored up at High Bridge Yard, until the game is pretty much over. No Harlem/NHL train provide Hudson line service. Not sure about GCT being used to store the Yankees Game service, but surely HBY.

Prior to the game they have a few more trains stored @ GCT to run the shuttles. Other than that nothing is stored there. While the game is in progress trains are stacked @ HBY. Around the 7th inning they start moving them to the platform so they are in place at the station for the end of the game.

Archived