R142 1 Train Announcements

Guest MTA Bus

In case anybody's interested (although I'm sure this has been mentioned in previous threads), before the new South Ferry station opened, there used to be an announcement at Rector St telling people to move to the first five cars to exit the train at South Ferry. I think there was an older version by Dianne, but this one's by Kathleen:

Wait i thought maybe some R142 of 2 & 5 line some usually stored at 137 street yard home of the 1 line.

137th Street is primarily used for the 1. The 2 and 5 lay up at Livonia Yard.

In case anybody's interested (although I'm sure this has been mentioned in previous threads), before the new South Ferry station opened, there used to be an announcement at Rector St telling people to move to the first five cars to exit the train at South Ferry. I think there was an older version by Dianne, but this one's by Kathleen:

The original announcement was " This is a South Ferry bound (1) Train , The next and last stop is south ferry - Please move forward to the first 5 cars to exit." Then it got updated to the one we see in the video and now it just says " This is a South Ferry bound (1) Train , The next and last stop is south ferry"

Archived