Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MTA Bus

R142 1 Train Announcements

It's notiing but poorly spliced announcements. A friend of mine does the same thing. But better of course.

• Upvote 1

Cool, I never knew there was a program. This must be for a (2) running local as it does not start at 242nd Street.

Wait i thought maybe some R142 of 2 & 5 line some usually stored at 137 street yard home of the 1 line.

In case anybody's interested (although I'm sure this has been mentioned in previous threads), before the new South Ferry station opened, there used to be an announcement at Rector St telling people to move to the first five cars to exit the train at South Ferry. I think there was an older version by Dianne, but this one's by Kathleen:

Edited by TheSubwayStation
  • Upvote 3

Wait i thought maybe some R142 of 2 & 5 line some usually stored at 137 street yard home of the 1 line.

(1) trains are stored there. (2) and (5) trains do not use that yard, plus it's inconvenient for the (5).

Guest Lance

137th Street is primarily used for the 1. The 2 and 5 lay up at Livonia Yard.

• Upvote 1

In case anybody's interested (although I'm sure this has been mentioned in previous threads), before the new South Ferry station opened, there used to be an announcement at Rector St telling people to move to the first five cars to exit the train at South Ferry. I think there was an older version by Dianne, but this one's by Kathleen:

The original announcement was " This is a South Ferry bound (1) Train , The next and last stop is south ferry - Please move forward to the first 5 cars to exit." Then it got updated to the one we see in the video and now it just says " This is a South Ferry bound (1) Train , The next and last stop is south ferry"

• Upvote 1