NBA 2012-2013 Thread

Shortline Bus

Hey guys. With Training camps now open and pre season about to start next week, thought now is a great time for new season of NBA chat through the 2013 NBA Finals Next June. Will Lebron and Wade repeat as the planet's best basketball team? Will Dwight "superman" Howard lead the Lakers back to the Finals? And locally how will the local NYC area clubs the Knicks and Nets will do.

First some news. Kobe Bryant has announced he might retire as soon as the end of next season (close of 2013-'14 season).

Dont be suprised to see Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Tim Duncan also very soon to follow Kobe 'stage left" and to the NBA Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass.

http://www.usatoday....nt-cbs/1621555/

While on this week's SI magazine, the Brooklyn Nets are on the cover. Let the pro hoops chat begin. :lol:

Deron%20Williams%20cover.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First some news. Kobe Bryant has announced he might retire as soon as the end of next season (close of 2013-'14 season).

Dont be suprised to see Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Tim Duncan also very soon to follow Kobe 'stage left" and to the NBA Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass.

According to the Lakers, this is what Kobe thinks about retirement.

I think Kobe wants to break a few more records, put himself pretty high up in the scoring list.

Anthony Davis really starting to show out, and surprisingly, the Bobcats are looking pretty good as well.

I haven't been keeping up on NBA news since the free agency period so can someone help me out ? Did the Knicks really sign Rashweed Wallace ? The retired All Star ? The "head case" ? The NBA's own " Mister T " ? What's this world coming to ? Soon Clyde Frazier will come out of retirement to back up JKidd. Amazing !!!. Can the Oak man and Mase be far behind ? Patrick Ewing is still availible, right? Maybe Isiah and Dolan are on the phone with each other again. SMH.

I haven't been keeping up on NBA news since the free agency period so can someone help me out ? Did the Knicks really sign Rashweed Wallace ? The retired All Star ? The "head case" ? The NBA's own " Mister T " ? What's this world coming to ? Soon Clyde Frazier will come out of retirement to back up JKidd. Amazing !!!. Can the Oak man and Mase be far behind ? Patrick Ewing is still availible, right? Maybe Isiah and Dolan are on the phone with each other again. SMH.

Rashweed.

Wallace is a good player. One of the only Centers who has a post game and is an excellent three point shooter. But I am in agreement. He really had no need to retire. He should have just stayed in FA, and waited for the next season.

Brandon Roy is one of those FAs who actually had a reason to retire. Good to see that his legs are back up to speed.

One thing that I think threw off some of the second class teams last year was all the players that went to play in China. I thought that it was very unfair that other teams could just pick them up when they returned home.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this on sportscenter. According to ESPN.com, the Lakers are now taking look at possibly getting (get this)Lebron James? James as most of you can 'opt out' and become a free agent in summer of 2014. Lakers already looking for replacement for Kobe Bryant who thinking of retirement following next season(end of 2013-'14)would love to replace a future NBA Hall of Famer with another. What you guys think?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-10-19/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-free-agency-2014-miami-heat-jim-buss-dwyane-wade

I honestly think Kobe is not going to retire, but LeBron is an excellent replacement.

The good thing about him joining the Heat is that he learned how to play with a star G and a star F, while keeping his numbers up. But the question we really have to think about is will Dwight stay if LeBron goes? LeBron has an excellent trade value, which I think would be enough to send Dwight and Nash, yes both of them, to the Heat.

The only 2 man trade possible with LeBron is with Durant.

In a big surprise couple of days before start of 2012-2013 regular season, the OKC Thunder have traded James Harden. IMO the Thunder's owner/management knowing they have to pay a boat load of $$$ for Mr. Durant very soon, this is nothing more IMO than a salary dump.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-10-27/james-harden-trade-rockets-thunder-jeremy-lin-okc-houston-kevin-martin-jeremy-la?icid=maing-grid7|maing6|dl1|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D226650

WHAT!? WHAT THE F*CK!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? GOD DAMMIT.

WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T WE TRADE WESTBROOK!?

God Dammit. First Lamar Odom gets traded away, Lou Williams and AI get traded away, and now James Harden. What the f*ck is going on? Why do all of my favorite teams lose their players? I am just cursed with bad luck.

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT!? WHAT THE F*CK!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? GOD DAMMIT.

WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T WE TRADE WESTBROOK!?

God Dammit. First Lamar Odom gets traded away, Lou Williams and AI get traded away, and now James Harden. What the f*ck is going on? Why do all of my favorite teams lose their players? I am just cursed with bad luck.

Lamar had it coming and Lou Williams is an INCONSISTENT player. Yes, he may be a Philly fan fave, but its something we have to account for in professional sports. I wasn't too happy with Dallas losing Jet and Boston with Rayray, but it's what you have to live with.

OKC originally planned to have all 3 players back on their roster for this season. They got KD and Westbrook to take pay cuts, but Harden wasn't having any of that, which is why he's blasted to Houston. I think it's a better move for both teams in the long run as Harden has an opportunity to showcase his skills as an elite starter, and OKC gets a reliable scoring option (Martin) and a future star (Jeremy Lamb).

Plus, I'm not the biggest Westbrook fan, I think he commits a plethora of brash and unwise decisions, but he is YOUNG and it is VERY clear that he harbors talent. It is in OKC's best interests to keep Westbrook on their roster.

How about Harden, 41 PPG coming into his third game with the Rockets, named player of the week with BJ, who made that amazing gamewinner three.

Lol the Lakers are 1-4. I knew it was going to happen. Howard and Kobe bring good offense, Nash good passing, but they need to learn how to work together. LeBron was bad in the beginning when he moved to the Heat, but look at him now. Howard seems to be taking more of the scoring since he has been there, and Kobe Bryant had 8 assists, yes, 8 assists last night in the win over the Pistons.

Everyone can doubt me, but I still think that Kevin Martin is the best scorer in the NBA. Now they put him with Durant, who I believe is the second best scorer in the NBA. I remember that happened in my association in 2K11, Kevin Martin and Kevin Durant ended up on the Nuggets. Durant averaged 29.5, Martin averaged 28.7, and they did win games. I expect big things from OKC.

As far as rookies goes, Perry Jones III is my favorite so far, the man looks like he can play some SF and he is very agile. Austin Rivers looks awful. He needed to play some more years of college ball. He is not ready. Lillard is amazing.

" Lol the Lakers are 1-4. I knew it was going to happen. Howard and Kobe bring good offense, Nash good passing, but they need to learn how to work together. LeBron was bad in the beginning when he moved to the Heat, but look at him now. Howard seems to be taking more of the scoring since he has been there, and Kobe Bryant had 8 assists, yes, 8 assists last night in the win over the Pistons. "

The Lakers biggest issues are timing and an inconsistent bench.....

Running this new offensive the timing has been off a bit and it shows with the turnovers but expect that rate to change as they get acustomed

to the Princeton Offensive

The bench minus Jamison aint shit point blank period.... They need help

But if this offensive gels the way it's suppose to then like the Heat of old.... They too won't need a bench to make it to the finals

the Knicks seem to be the surprise team of this season so far... but in all honesty what would you expect when you surround Melo with a bunch of veterans who all want to win.... and they all playing together

good team basketball..... they can beat any team in the league they way they playing right now

Archived