Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Jughead goes free after MTA crew stops gas-toting nut

[float=left]post-5097-0-12656500-1349923666_thumb.jpg[/float] What do you do with a homeless nut-job caught riding around on the subway with an open jug of gasoline? If you’re the Bronx district attorney’s office, you drop the case and let him go on his merry way.

This disquieting tale from the underground starts on the evening of May 21. Subway motorwoman Marcia Seale was operating a northbound No. 6 train, and detected a strong smell of gasoline coming from the first car. After pulling the local train into the 138th St./Grand Concourse station, she left the driver’s cab to investigate.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-12656500-1349923666_thumb.jpg

Unfreakin believable! God forbid the nutcase poured in the gas and lit it on fire. What the hell happened to common sense with the legal system? [rhetorical question, do not need to reply]

• Upvote 2

I'm glad the T/O didn't get in trouble for leaving the cab while operating. Sounds like something an MTA bigwig could use to have gotten her in trouble.

• Upvote 1

Unfreakin believable! God forbid the nutcase poured in the gas and lit it on fire. What the hell happened to common sense with the legal system? [rhetorical question, do not need to reply]

The legal system never had common sense.

I'm glad the T/O didn't get in trouble for leaving the cab while operating. Sounds like something an MTA bigwig could use to have gotten her in trouble.

But the MTA still exercises some common sense here.

• Upvote 1

The (6) doesn't stop at 138st./GC..

i sure did stop there a few weeks ago. :P

Oh you know there wasn't enough evidence. <_< What a joke. Bloomberg is part of the problem too. He's been lax with the homeless population and all of the crazies walking around. They can spend $3k a month or more to house one homeless person yet they don't have the money to take these crazies off of the street? I mean really talk about a lack of common sense.

I read this article yesterday and it's ridiculous. They're spending a ton housing homeless people, but they can't build affordable housing.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1953880.html

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 2

Oh you know there wasn't enough evidence. <_< What a joke. Bloomberg is part of the problem too. He's been lax with the homeless population and all of the crazies walking around. They can spend $3k a month or more to house one homeless person yet they don't have the money to take these crazies off of the street? I mean really talk about a lack of commonsense.

This is why we need Giuliani.

• Upvote 3

Now this is going off-topic...

I can't believe the Daily News made the mistake that they thought the (6) stopped at 138th. Was it a (4) or (5)?

Technically he didn't commit a crime. toting a jug of gasoline home and creating no action is suspicious, but not a crime.

• Upvote 2

I can't believe the Daily News made the mistake that they thought the (6) stopped at 138th. Was it a (4) or (5)?

The 6 does stop at 138th - just not where it meets the Grand Concourse.

Maybe it was a GO, there was one where the (6) ran to 149-GC when it was split in two sections.

It says Grand Concourse there. These news stations are just as dumb as your average commuter.

I hope thieves or criminals won't jump over turnstiles or put some dangerous chemicals in there, and if it was lit up, the result will be ending in tears of sadness and grief.

Not a crime huh? Maybe next time I should bring some plutonium with me?

section 1050.8

1.2. No explosives or other highly combustible materials, or radioactive materials, maybe carried on or in any facility or conveyance, except as authorized by the Authority.

• Upvote 2

It says Grand Concourse there. These news stations are just as dumb as your average commuter.

I know what the article said. I was responding to your post, which didn't.