Possible Bx41 SBS Extension to Laguardia Airport

GreatOne2k

The problm is the BQE will slow the route unless it has a dedicated bus lane all to it's self

inaccurate most of the BQE's traffic is between downtown brooklyn or the gonowhere to LIE. This route will avoid the worst parts of the BQE. So traffic would rarely be an issue. North of LIE even at rush hour the BQE moves well. If this line were to go to downtown brooklyn then there would be a traffic problem otherwise it will still be much faster than Q33. LI folk heading to LGA will love this bus I will love it go MTA!!! This bus will win big. I can tell.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be giving out three different maps about the Modification of Jackson Heights Routes

Here's plan 1 http://maps.google.c...e669c4635b42c4a

Here's Plan 2 https://maps.google....e669c4635b42c4a

Here's Plan 3 https://maps.google....e6c18cc2d28c6d0

So in that plan 3, they'll have that Q33X route and either an extended Q32 or a new Midtown/Jackson Heights/Elmhurst route that goes all the way to Manhattan, just to end before LGA. Wouldn't it be a better idea to send that route to LGA, too?

So in that plan 3, they'll have that Q33X route and either an extended Q32 or a new Midtown/Jackson Heights/Elmhurst route that goes all the way to Manhattan, just to end before LGA. Wouldn't it be a better idea to send that route to LGA, too?

Q32 to LGA is long. I mean if The Q32 is split btwn LGA and MJQ like before, than yeah it can work without going inside the airport.

I don't like this Bx41 extension to LaGuardia. It should've been an entirely new route. I'm not really in favor of extending routes to get rid of others

The airport service can easily be a variant of the Bx41, scheduled separately with its own route number. Ditto for the M60 and Q33 ideas.

I would call them M90+, Bx91+, and Q93+.

IMO it would have to be MJQ...since that is Bascially an Extention of the Q32

Thing 1:

One has nothing to do with the other. The Q32 was consolidated in Casey Stengel two years ago as part of the "Doomsday" service cuts.

Thing 2:

No, it wouldn't "have" to be Quill. It could be Quill, or it could be Tuskeegee, or it could be 126th Street, or it could be LGA, or it could even be Casey Stengel. And no, the passengers won't care about depot assignments.

Thing 2:

No, it wouldn't "have" to be Quill. It could be Quill, or it could be Tuskeegee, or it could be 126th Street, or it could be LGA, or it could even be Casey Stengel. And no, the passengers won't care about depot assignments.

It CAN NOT be LGA as long as MTAB and NYCT are still two separate agencies on paper and in the Union-world....Q32 is an NYCT route....

MTAB only exist now because of the Unions and seniority issues around that....otherwise everything would've been NYCT a long time ago.

It CAN NOT be LGA as long as MTAB and NYCT are still two separate agencies on paper and in the Union-world....Q32 is an NYCT route....

MTAB only exist now because of the Unions and seniority issues around that....otherwise everything would've been NYCT a long time ago.

I think what Gotham bus Co is trying to say is that since the MTA have a proposed new route from the city via 57th to LGA or out side of the airport, it can go to either of those five depots he mentioned.

Thing 1

There is no provision in any contract saying that new SBS routes must be operated by NYCT.

Thing 2

The Woodside route is being presented as a variant of the Q33. Therefore, it would likely operate from LGA Depot. Even if it's extended west to Queens Plaza or Manhattan (not likely), it would still be a new route and could still operate from LGA.

Well it gives people at 96th Street access to the 60 for LGA service. Especially since i do notice folks getting on at 106th. Makes me wonder if some of them also come from below that stop. The only issue is, parking. I don't know if the MTA would have the lay over where the M96/106 are located at West End Ave. Its full enough..

Obviously, any extension would serve people coming from points along the extension itself, but by that reasoning, why not run it to 86th or 79th or 72nd?

What I meant was that extending the M60 to 96th wouldn't improve connectivity or provide new access to any significant traffic generators.

A bit of history: The original M60 terminated at 125th and Lenox. It was extended a year or two later to 116th and Broadway to provide access to the A/B/C/D and 1 trains and to Columbia, but residents along Claremont complained about layovers, so it was extended further to 106th, which has an easier turnaround and which also serves the large youth hostel at 104th and Amsterdam.

Just putting this out there:

96th Street is an express stop for the (1)(2)(3). There are many people who wouldn't even think about taking the (2)(3) to 125th Street and waiting in the middle of Harlem for a bus with all their luggage for fear that they'll get robbed/attacked, but 96th and Broadway is still within their safe zone. (It's not a racial thing, it's just that they associate Harlem with guns and violence in general.)

The Bx41 and the Bx15/55 routes should absolutely be modified and have SBS services installed on them. First of all I believe that the SBS to La Guardia Airport should be alternate service between the Bx41 and Bx55.

In my proposal, the Bx55 would run via 3rd Avenue/Webster Avenue from Norwood (Bainbridge Avenue / Gun Hill) as suggested on the map. The Bx41 should run from Williamsbridge (Gun Hill / White Plains) via Webster. Each SBS bus would run daily from 6 AM to 11 PM.

The Bx15 should be made into an SBS from Harlem to Williamsbridge running weekdays from 6 AM to 10 PM, and weekends from 6 AM to 6 PM. The local would run from Harlem to Fordham Plaza at all times.

96th Street is an express stop for the (1)(2)(3). There are many people who wouldn't even think about taking the (2)(3) to 125th Street and waiting in the middle of Harlem for a bus with all their luggage for fear that they'll get robbed/attacked, but 96th and Broadway is still within their safe zone. (It's not a racial thing, it's just that they associate Harlem with guns and violence in general.)

But, the M60, runs over the Triboro and the Triboro comes right out on 125th. Sending it to 96th would be a PITA.

I could see the M60 SBS working out during rush hours, but the Bx41, not sure how that would work considering the long route it will end up if it gets SBS'd.

The day i see LGA handle an +SBS+ route is the day i'll shit a brick. Because i always thought +SBS+ was an NYCT Bus thing only. But i guess i was wrong.

Much of the roads perpendicular to Roosevelt Ave (along the Flushing Line) can barely handle a dedicated bus lane, so i'm getting curious to how +SBS+ would work out in Queens, considering it can become a bit of a challenge. Probably the existing NG hybrids would be used for that new Queens SBS route if it were to be based out of LGA.

Much of the roads perpendicular to Roosevelt Ave (along the Flushing Line) can barely handle a dedicated bus lane, so i'm getting curious to how +SBS+ would work out in Queens, considering it can become a bit of a challenge. Probably the existing NG hybrids would be used for that new Queens SBS route if it were to be based out of LGA.

God i hate this fricking time limit to edit posts..

Anyways, i'm getting curious on how the proposed Queens SBS route would work...if it were to be based out of LGA, i'd definitely call it the Q79.

If it were to be out of Casey Stengel, i'd call it the Q57.

God i hate this fricking time limit to edit posts..

Anyways, i'm getting curious on how the proposed Queens SBS route would work...if it were to be based out of LGA, i'd definitely call it the Q79.

If it were to be out of Casey Stengel, i'd call it the Q57.

The Queens SBS will be base out of LGA depot, i think ENY had said it before that MTAB falls under all NYCT department of buses now.

The Queens SBS will be base out of LGA depot, i think ENY had said it before that MTAB falls under all NYCT department of buses now.

This is gonna be interesting. I'm guessing the SBS route would use LGA's existing NG hybrids. Even more interesting, how this would work.

I would have to agree with assessment. Quite frankly it starts to get sketchy after 96th street unless you're around 5th Av or Madison or so because Mount Sinai is there, so that is tolerable, but after 99th street forget it.

But, the M60, runs over the Triboro and the Triboro comes right out on 125th. Sending it to 96th would be a PITA.

I don't think so. 96th for one is a bit less congested than 125th and you could have it run non-stop down 1st and 2nd Ave to and from 96th st.

Them R Scaredy pants.....

Archived