Possible Bx41 SBS Extension to Laguardia Airport

GreatOne2k

I am quite familiar with Morningside Heights and the upper Upper West Side, and checkmatechamp13 obviously is as well. You clearly are not.

You still have not told me when you were last in the area, and this is my fourth time asking. I take that to mean "never."

What part of regularly do you not understand??? And checkmate... LOL! He rarely comes to the city... Meanwhile I'm in the city every day. I think I know what I'm talking about. My location says NYC for a reason...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What part of regularly do you not understand??? And checkmate... LOL! He rarely comes to the city... Meanwhile I'm in the city every day. I think I know what I'm talking about. My location says NYC for a reason...

Alright, then answer his question, then. When did you last go? Yesterday? Last week?

Just because you work in Manhattan doesn't mean you go to every single neighborhood in the borough (and I mean go to. Not just passing through on the subway). I've been to the area surrounding Columbia, as well as the the UWS enough times to get a feel for the neighborhood. I know it's not "run-down", "seedy", or any of those other words you used to describe it. Even going by your elitist (and racist) standards, it's still not a dump.

When Gorgor came into the thread, he talked about the transfer points along 125th Street NOT the area along Broadway.

Manhattan's a big place. I asked about a specific part of Manhattan. When were you last in that specific part of Manhattan?

I'm surprised that you're unaware that Staten Island is part of NYC.

Manhattan's a big place. I asked about a specific part of Manhattan. When were you last in that specific part of Manhattan?

I'm surprised that you're unaware that Staten Island is part of NYC.

And I said regularly... That's good enough of an answer esp. considering that I tutor up there. Staten Island is part of NYC, but not part of Manhattan...

Alright, then answer his question, then. When did you last go? Yesterday? Last week?

Just because you work in Manhattan doesn't mean you go to every single neighborhood in the borough (and I mean go to. Not just passing through on the subway). I've been to the area surrounding Columbia, as well as the the UWS enough times to get a feel for the neighborhood. I know it's not "run-down", "seedy", or any of those other words you used to describe it. Even going by your elitist (and racist) standards, it's still not a dump.

When Gorgor came into the thread, he talked about the transfer points along 125th Street NOT the area along Broadway.

Yeah well as far as I'm concerned parts of Broadway along the Upper West Side are a dump as in filthy so like I said my standards and your standards are totally different and the part I'm referring to is white so so much for your "racist" standards.

Yeah well as far as I'm concerned parts of Broadway along the Upper West Side are a dump as in filthy so like I said my standards and your standards are totally different and the part I'm referring to is white so so much for your "racist" standards.

Well, I know you have racist standards. It's just that you choose not to apply them in this instance.

Apparently this is a wonderful neighborhood, while this is a poor, crime-filled slum. Yeah, that's not racist at all. :rolleyes:

Well, I know you have racist standards. It's just that you choose not to apply them in this instance.

Apparently this is a wonderful neighborhood, while this is a poor, crime-filled slum. Yeah, that's not racist at all. :rolleyes:

The two of you go to amazing lengths with these two neighborhoods... They're both dumps. Now just accept it already. Most of Gerritsen Beach is close to the water so that alone makes it charming with the greenery and such. As for Staten Island, most folks think the whole borough is a dump so I don't know what you're going on and on about. LOL :lol: Now let's get back to the topic at hand please which is the La Guardia extension... SMH

The two of you go to amazing lengths with these two neighborhoods... They're both dumps. Now just accept it already.

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Staten-Island-Staten-Island-NY.html

Median income in this "dump" of a census tract: $62,471

Median income in your old "affluent" census tract: $50,900

Poverty rate in this "dump" of a census tract: 9%

Poverty rate in your old "affluent" census tract: 16%

But yeah, the first one's definitely the dumpy one. :rolleyes:

The same thing with Morningside Heights. Block groups with median incomes of over $116,000 are definitely located in "dumps", right? :rolleyes:

http://www.city-data...-Island-NY.html

Median income in this "dump" of a census tract: $62,471

Median income in your old "affluent" census tract: $50,900

Poverty rate in this "dump" of a census tract: 9%

Poverty rate in your old "affluent" census tract: 16%

But yeah, the first one's definitely the dumpy one. :rolleyes:

The same thing with Morningside Heights. Block groups with median incomes of over $116,000 are definitely located in "dumps", right? :rolleyes:

I don't care about your stats. How much money a neighborhood has has nothing to do with whether it's dirty or not and so and so forth. Most of NYC is dirty with a few exceptions so your stats really don't apply here. Parts of Midtown are dumps too so like I said money has nothing to do with it.

I don't care about your stats. How much money a neighborhood has has nothing to do with whether it's dirty or not and so and so forth. Most of NYC is dirty with a few exceptions so your stats really don't apply here. Parts of Midtown are dumps too so like I said money has nothing to do with it.

I'm sorry, but that neighborhood isn't filthy by any standards. I should know because that's my neighborhood, whereas I highly doubt you've even set foot in it (You might've set foot on Forest Avenue, but not the residential blocks). There's no garbage thrown around, or anything like that.

(That also doesn't apply to Morningside Heights either. There isn't tons of trash thrown around there).

But yeah, since most of NYC is dirty, what was the point in even bringing this up anyway? You're just waiting in one dirty area instead of another one.

As for Staten Island, most folks think the whole borough is a dump so I don't know what you're going on and on about. LOL :lol: Now let's get back to the topic at hand please which is the La Guardia extension... SMH

Yeah, but you've specifically called that area out as a "crappy area" when everything points to the contrary.

Well, you were the one who brought us off-topic in the first place. Gorgor brought up the point about transferring in Harlem, and then you came in talking about how areas are dumps and crime-filled and depressing and all that BS.

I can't believe what I've been reading in this back & forth.... Morningside Heights is a dump? The area by the Carver houses is less sketchy because Mt. Sinal is there? The ass-backwardsness on display here is amazing.... Checkmate & AndrewJC, I concur with the both of you, but I wouldn't have wasted all that time relaying to Via what is painfully obvious about said neighborhoods..... It's clear that he's one of these types that dismisses Manhattan north of upper east side/upper west side; it aint just him by a longshot.... Not that much different than many of these transplants that already plague this city with that general attitude.....

-----

As for this Bx41 extension to Queens... do Webster Av riders even want that??

Thank you IRT Bx. for trying to bring this thread back o/t.....

I don't get the sense that those riders would be welcome/open to having their route extended all the way to LGA.... for starters, I can only imagine the uproar down by The Hub for people waiting for/needing 41's, have that happen.... FWIW, I'd be just as miffed with the current service as it is today, let alone any far fetched extension like that......

I'm not suggesting this happen, but if it's to be extended anywhere, the 41 to harlem would be far more beneficial to those actual riders than the 41 to LGA.... it would eliminate that xfer to the (2), or the (5), or to the bx15 down at the hub.....

In a nutshell what I am saying is, if push came to shove, the 41 should be kept in the Bx.

I'm not suggesting this happen, but if it's to be extended anywhere, the 41 to harlem would be far more beneficial to those actual riders than the 41 to LGA.... it would eliminate that xfer to the (2), or the (5), or to the bx15 down at the hub.....

In a nutshell what I am saying is, if push came to shove, the 41 should be kept in the Bx.

I agree, it makes a lot more sense to sense the Bx41 SBS to Harlem.

Speaking of the Bx15, they need to eliminate some of the stops after it gets off of the bridge, some of them are like a block or two apart, it's so ridiculous.

And I said regularly... That's good enough of an answer esp. considering that I tutor up there.

You tutor along Broadway between 99th and 122nd?

Staten Island is part of NYC, but not part of Manhattan...

Yes, I know that. You have no greater claim to being in NYC than checkmatechamp13.

So why would anyone concerned about dumpiness prefer to transfer at 96th and Broadway rather than 110th and Broadway or 116th and Broadway?

And why do you think I or anybody else cares about your "standards"?

You tutor along Broadway between 99th and 122nd?

lol... I don't see why it's of importance to you either way. I tutor all over the city when my schedule permits.

Yes, I know that. You have no greater claim to being in NYC than checkmatechamp13.

Except for the fact that I'm in Manhattan practically every day except for when I'm in Europe or traveling elsewhere...

And why do you think I or anybody else cares about your "standards"?

The better question is why do you think that because you something is so that automatically makes it so even if it's a matter of personal opinion?? I love how you sat there with all of these stats like that's going to make a difference. :lol:

lol... I don't see why it's of importance to you either way. I tutor all over the city when my schedule permits.

So it's settled - you've never been to Broadway between 99th and 122nd. It's incredible how much you know about an area you've never been to.

Except for the fact that I'm in Manhattan practically every day except for when I'm in Europe or traveling elsewhere...

Staten Island is every bit as much NYC as Manhattan is.

The better question is why do you think that because you something is so that automatically makes it so even if it's a matter of personal opinion?? I love how you sat there with all of these stats like that's going to make a difference. :lol:

As if responding to you ever makes a difference?

The old Bx21 used to run from the Bronx to Astoria, the BX41 SBS (and possibly Bx41 local) would be a restoration of a long lost bus service. Only other options for Bronx-Queens travel would be to extend either the Bx21, or the Bx17 to Astoria and LGA. If needed MTA can keep the Bx41 local in the Bronx (depending on the Queens stops). Also if many airport workers are coming from that part of the Bronx, they will probably like the extended Bx41 SBS.

Regarding the Bx41 +SBS reroute via Norwood and Monte: I'm guessing the Bx41 local will continue to provide coverage to WPR and that the Bx55 LTD will be their LTD service (perhaps sending all Bx55 LTD's to WPR instead of every other bus could help WPR riders in this case). Methinks MTA sees higher ridership potential for the +SBS at Norwood/Monte than at WPR/Gun Hill...

Also, other than the Q44 and Q50 LTD, going to Queens from The Bronx (whether by bus or train) is rather cumbersome; the Bx41 +SBS extension alleviates that IMHO and for that reason alone I'd welcome it (also, if MTA steps up frequency of the Bx41 +SBS, the possibility for intraborough short-turns exists - i.e., sending every other bus to Queens to maintain regularity in The Bronx).

Regarding the Bx41 +SBS reroute via Norwood and Monte: I'm guessing the Bx41 local will continue to provide coverage to WPR and that the Bx55 LTD will be their LTD service (perhaps sending all Bx55 LTD's to WPR instead of every other bus could help WPR riders in this case). Methinks MTA sees higher ridership potential for the +SBS at Norwood/Monte than at WPR/Gun Hill...

Also, other than the Q44 and Q50 LTD, going to Queens from The Bronx (whether by bus or train) is rather cumbersome; the Bx41 +SBS extension alleviates that IMHO and for that reason alone I'd welcome it (also, if MTA steps up frequency of the Bx41 +SBS, the possibility for intraborough short-turns exists - i.e., sending every other bus to Queens to maintain regularity in The Bronx).

That is what will happen don't expect Bx41 locals to go to LGA not happening only SBS limiteds would go that far. LGA employees and flyers will have a field day after this extension is made.

That is what will happen don't expect Bx41 locals to go to LGA not happening only SBS limiteds would go that far. LGA employees and flyers will have a field day after this extension is made.

Can you translate what you just said in English, please?

Archived