Attack on the B46 in East Flatbush

Acela Express

Please re-post this using another news source or copy and paste the article in the thread. You can only see the clip or article if you're a cable subscriber to the companies they've listed. <_<

I don't have News12 or live on LI or subscribe to Cablevision and I see the article and video fine.

I'm using Verizon and I have problems seeing things on NY1 and sites like this one... Do us a favor and re-post the article so those of us who can't see it can read it. Thanks.

Bus driver attacked on the job in East Flatbush

(10/12/12)

EAST FLATBUSH - A bus driver was attacked on the job in East Flatbush on the same day a local assemblyman announced that he will introduce a bill to make their jobs safer.

Witnesses say it happened yesterday on a B46 bus at the corner of Utica Avenue and Avenue D.

They say a young man got into an argument with the driver apparently over the fare and punched the driver several times in the face.

The driver was taken to Brooklyn Hospital with minor injuries and a suspect was taken in to custody.

Jesus, never ends. What's the story with those partitions that this op still got punched in the face? And as usual, over two dollars and a quarter...these people make me sick.

Stay safe operating that line my man.

There was a partition on the bus?? I can only see what Brett posted....

It could have been a bus without a partition (Acela prolly knows this one), but it's just crazy that the one depot with the highest number of partitions on the line that prompted the introduction of partitions in the first place is still having this problem.

Yeah, the 9600s at least should get the partitions because I don't see any of these buses retiring anytime soon. I only see the 5000s with them. I don't understand why they haven't put up partitions on the NGs either.

This is totally bs with the rise of attacks. How about something more than just a 7 yr penalty, how about a broken leg or something? I mean you need something stronger than just a threat of jail. For some, maybe jail is nothing to them.

Yeah, the 9600s at least should get the partitions because I don't see any of these buses retiring anytime soon. I only see the 5000s with them. I don't understand why they haven't put up partitions on the NGs either.

This is totally bs with the rise of attacks. How about something more than just a 7 yr penalty, how about a broken leg or something? I mean you need something stronger than just a threat of jail. For some, maybe jail is nothing to them.

There is one 96xx with a partition, 9607 IIRC.

No, the bus didn't have a partition or cameras, and yes it was a 9600-series (forgot the number actually).

9384 (only 9300 with one at FLA), 9607, 9654, 9667 & 9694 have partitions, but no cameras.

No, the bus didn't have a partition or cameras, and yes it was a 9600-series (forgot the number actually).

9384 (only 9300 with one at FLA), 9607, 9654, 9667 & 9694 have partitions, but no cameras.

Im glad your ok bro and that it wasn't you in that situation, its sad to hear what happen to that BO out of your depot, i had my fair share with passengers getting frustrating because the buses are late and ect. Sometimes i feel like telling some of those a**holes, how about you ride the line from point A to point B and see what we go thur and see why buses don't run a set schedule sometimes. As a BO your damn if you do, your damn if you don't, you can't win at all not only do we have the public on our backs, ww have MGMT as well. To all my fellow bus ops, TOs and C/O be safe because it seems like this is open season.

Well, I go by this - every action has a reaction, and that's what I live by on the bus, which is why I'm not afraid of doing the B46. They are people, just like us - and you can run into this situation anywhere. Granted, the 46 goes through some of the roughest neighborhoods in Brooklyn, but again - they are people, just like us.

I used to work in retail prior to MTA, so dealing with customers on a regular basis became easy for me, and I just brought that talent over to where I'm at now. It's lightwork, bro.

Well, I go by this - every action has a reaction, and that's what I live by on the bus, which is why I'm not afraid of doing the B46. They are people, just like us - and you can run into this situation anywhere. Granted, the 46 goes through some of the roughest neighborhoods in Brooklyn, but again - they are people, just like us.

I used to work in retail prior to MTA, so dealing with customers on a regular basis became easy for me, and I just brought that talent over to where I'm at now. It's lightwork, bro.

your right about that- every action has a reaction, in this type of title if you don't have patients, then your going to make your 8+ hours rough on yourself mentally and physically. I also have experience in retail as well and also carried my talent when i was at CTtransit for about 4hrs before MTA.As for the B46, i know about that route which im from flatbush and went to Transit tech H.S where i always used the B46 to the A train.

your right about that- every action has a reaction, in this type of title if you don't have patients, then your going to make your 8+ hours rough on yourself mentally and physically. I also have experience in retail as well and also carried my talent when i was at CTtransit for about 4hrs before MTA.As for the B46, i know about that route which im from flatbush and went to Transit tech H.S where i always used the B46 to the A train.

Funny you mentioned that; I attended Transit Tech too (along with another operator here on the forums) - class of 05 though. I took the A to Nostrand then the 44 down a few blocks.

Archived