Some procurements

Amtrak7

Does the MTA allow this?

Nope. The (MTA) is smart. Besides, the NICE site is not as intelligently coded as the (MTA) site. There are glitches with some of the things. For example, you can create an account on the NICE site and sign up to get notifications by e-mail on routes you choose of service disruptions. I've been signed up since last year and I have yet to get a single notification. Again, NICE probably doesn't have the $$$ to spend on an expensive website.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. The (MTA) is smart. Besides, the NICE site is not as intelligently coded as the (MTA) site. There are glitches with some of the things. For example, you can create an account on the NICE site and sign up to get notifications by e-mail on routes you choose of service disruptions. I've been signed up since last year and I have yet to get a single notification. Again, NICE probably doesn't have the $$$ to spend on an expensive website.

Hey, their site don't look half bad in my opinion. Infact, I think it looks better then the new MTA website. I rather thier old blue and white website.

Edited by jgood6195

Again, NICE probably doesn't have the $$$ to spend on an expensive website.

When you have a department in house (Veolia not nice) you are not spending money on a website you are having your employees build you what you want.  All it's costing you is employee hours, granted these employees must allocate their time between this and other projects but these employees are already being paid X for X amount of hours, so tech. whether it's the website they have or a "fancy" one it's costing Veolia the same.

Hey, their site don't look half bad in my opinion. Infact, I think it looks better then the new MTA website. I rather thier old blue and white website.

Thats nice, but if you relied on NICE daily and needed to know when your bus wasn't going to show, and you didn't get your alert, then you wouldn't say they're doing a half bad job.

Brett, what's your number?  We'll have Pine Power or Hound send you text saying "NICE SUCKS!"  Would that make you feel better?

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I have my own views, separate from anyone else here. I'll keep my number private :)

Uhm, why should NICE spend money on their website? Their website is created by Veolia Europe aka Transdev so plenty of money in the bucket.

I understand the difference between a website timetable and actual service levels, trust me.

Oh yeah, and just why should I trust you? <_<

Uhm, why should NICE spend money on their website? Their website is created by Veolia Europe aka Transdev so plenty of money in the bucket.

I really don't care where the money comes from, but a working website with working notifications would be NICE.

Are they still asking for those V6 crossovers/SUVs?

Considering nice asked for..."SPECIFICATION: NEW 2013 4-DOOR UTILITY VEHICLES -4x4 (6 CYLINDER)

2013 Ford Explorer

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

2013 Dodge Journey Crew

2013 Chevrolet Traverse LS"

...and a Ford Dealership won the bid I'd infer nice willl be getting twenty 2013 Ford Explorers.

Wouldn't it be cool if they painted these in the nice livery?

2013-Ford-Explorer-Sport-front-three-qua

Those things are gas guzzlers, and NICE gets them. Unbelievable, throwing money away. Why do they need 4x4 6 cylinders specifically anyway?

I was thinking they "need" SUV's for inclement weather such as severe snow, but nice would not be running in such weather so they don't need them.  There is no reason the job couldn't be done in a Chevy Cobalt!

I wonder why they are purchasing gasoline vehicles?  Wouldn't it make sense to buy CNG vehicles (considering they have CNG in house and get a cheap rate that they bragged about last year)?

Those things are gas guzzlers, and NICE gets them. Unbelievable, throwing money away. Why do they need 4x4 6 cylinders specifically anyway?

Could of gotton some Jeeps.

I was thinking they "need" SUV's for inclement weather such as severe snow, but nice would not be running in such weather so they don't need them.  There is no reason the job couldn't be done in a Chevy Cobalt!

I wonder why they are purchasing gasoline vehicles?  Wouldn't it make sense to buy CNG vehicles (considering they have CNG in house and get a cheap rate that they bragged about last year)?

I don't think any of these auto makers produce CNG models.

Could of gotton some Jeeps.

As you saw, Jeep was in their wish list on the RFP, if Jeep had won the bid they would've gotton Jeeps!

I don't think any of these auto makers produce CNG models.

There is a whole slew of vehicles (sedans, SUV's, vans, etc.) that run on CNG. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_natural_gas_vehicles

Wow!  "Manufacture, dismantle existing and install new Bus Stop Signs!"  That sure is 2 very different jobs in one request.  I can't help but wonder if the price and quality would be better if Nassau or nice ordered quality signs (or make it a seperate procurement) and then solicit the removal of the old signs and instalation of new signs?

what happened to the new bus procurement?
For new 40' buses, I don't think there is any recommended award or public bids placed yet.

Nice has requested funding for the 2013 fiscal year to purchase (40) 40' transit buses and (63) para transit buses.  There aren't any RFP's or bids yet, for all we know nice won't get the funding.  All it is right now is a request for funding to purchase these buses.....TO BE CONTINUED....