• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this posted:

Bid V-1156

Manufacture and Install New Bus Stop Signs

Invitation for Bids (IFB)

Category: Miscellaneous

Organization: Veolia Transportation Services, Inc.

IFB Due Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:00AM (EST)

Veolia
Transportation Services, Inc, (“Veolia”) is soliciting bids from
qualified vendors to provide firm, fixed pricing to manufacture,
dismantle existing and install new Bus Stop Signs along bus routes in
its Nassau Inter County Express Bus System (“NICE”) in Nassau County,
and in parts of Suffolk and Queens Counties, NY.  Contract term shall be
for 18 months from date of contract award. A contract will be awarded
to the lowest, responsive and responsible bidder and prices shall remain
firm throughout the contract term. The DBE Participation Goal for this
procurement is 0%.

A Pre-Bid Conference is
scheduled for Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 10:00AM EST at 700
Commercial Avenue, Garden City, New York 11530.

All bids must be sealed and delivered, and will publicly be opened on Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:05AM EST at 700 Commercial Avenue, Garden City, New York 11530.

Interested bidders should request, in
writing, a copy of the IFB Documents from Mr. Najeem Ahmad, Procurement
Associate, at Email: najeem.ahmad@veoliatransdev.com. He may be contacted at phone number:  516-542-0100  x 4370.

Funding
support for this project is provided through a financial grant from the
Federal Transit Administration (FTA). In accordance with 49 Code of
Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 26, participation Disadvantage Business
Enterprises (DBE) in all aspects of this federally funded contract will
be encouraged and supported.

My choice for a "multi purpose" NICE vehilce (replacing supervisor SUV's and "administrative" sedans NICE wanted) would've been the 2013 Ford Transit connect using CNG.

152763.jpg

I chose this because I thought NICE didn't need SUV's assuming service was suspended during incliment weather needing SUV's, making SUV's unnecessary.  BUT nice proved supervisors need SUV's considering they were up and running in the Blizzard of 2013!  Maybe Nassau wasn't hit as hard as Suffolk, but it was def. a snowfall the supervisors would've NEEDED SUV's for.

That ITS RFP has been extended over and over again...its now due March 4. Are they not getting proposals?

Maybe not the proposal they want?

They should just give a call to Clever Devices and work out some deal. C'mon, they're in the same county!

Can they do that?  Since it's a county bus system only run by Veolia maybe they are requried to use the RFP process? 

New Procurement:

Gas Piping, Hot Water Heaters and Appliances

Invitation for Bids (IFB)

Category:  Miscellaneous

Organization: Veolia Transportation Services, Inc.

IFB Due Date:  Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:00AM (EST)

Veolia Transportation Services, Inc,
(“Veolia”) is soliciting bids from qualified vendors to provide firm,
fixed pricing to dismantle and remove existing piping and equipment, and
to furnish and install new Hot Water Heaters, Gas Piping and Appliances
in Garden City, NY. Contract term shall be for five (5) months from
date of contract award. A contract will be awarded to the lowest,
responsive and responsible bidder and prices shall remain firm
throughout contract term. The DBE Participation Goal for this
procurement is 0%.

A Pre-Bid Conference is scheduled
for Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 02:00PM EST at 700 Commercial Avenue,
Garden City, New York 11530.

Sealed bids must be received on or
before Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:00AM EST by Veolia at 700 Commercial
Avenue, Garden City, New York 11530. Bids will be publicly opened at
10:45AM EST on same date and at same location.

The system in the 3G's look exactly like the ones popping up at NJT too. I think it works completely on GPS and not wheel rotation like the old one.

Some people say that the old Clever Device systems worked on wheel rotation but I still don't think so. I think they all work on GPS, but the systems are broken and need to be fixed with lagging issues.

I actually like the new bus stop signs that NICE is proposing. It doesn't look that bad.

Some new NICE bus stops have been up for some time now, at Walt Whitman Mall and Rockville Centre LIRR. They look just like the template.

Some new NICE bus stops have been up for some time now, at Walt Whitman Mall and Rockville Centre LIRR. They look just like the template.

Very eye catching signs!  I was at Walt Whitman Mall for the first time since they made the new bus area and those signs def. stood out making it easy to see where the NICE bus stop shelter was!

Very eye catching signs!  I was at Walt Whitman Mall for the first time since they made the new bus area and those signs def. stood out making it easy to see where the NICE bus stop shelter was!

The signs are so much bigger than the Long Island Bus signs. I hope they auction off the old LIB signs.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/downloads/1156-Add01.pdf

NICE posted an addenda for the procurement. The contractor is required to survey the system to determine what goes on each sign and where!

Veolia will provide samples but Contractor is responsible to create a Microsoft Excel file for each route which includes location of each sign, and exact sign content.

And IFB packages should be public info, so does anyone want to try emailing the bidders' address and asking for the documents purely from an open government point of view? Edited by Amtrak7

http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/downloads/1156-Add01.pdf

NICE posted an addenda for the procurement. The contractor is required to survey the system to determine what goes on each sign and where!

And IFB packages should be public info, so does anyone want to try emailing the bidders' address and asking for the documents purely from an open government point of view?

That is a lot of work for the company that is making the signs for NICE. Veolia should be a bit more easy, considering not many companies bid on their procurements as it is. The dates keep getting extended.

Veolia will provide samples but Contractor is responsible to create a Microsoft Excel file for each route which includes location of each
sign, and exact sign content.

That is a lot of work for the company that is making the signs for NICE. Veolia should be a bit more easy, considering not many companies bid on their procurements as it is. The dates keep getting extended.

Serioulsy!  Am I reading/understanding this right?  They expect a contractor to go out, gather information of where every sign is, what that sign should contain, and then make a spread sheet?  That sounds very expensive and time consuming.

Serioulsy!  Am I reading/understanding this right?  They expect a contractor to go out, gather information of where every sign is, what that sign should contain, and then make a spread sheet?  That sounds very expensive and time consuming.

That's the understanding I get from reading that answer...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=440381832703949&set=a.368707966538003.84183.156241481117987&type=1&theater

577847_440381832703949_441013090_n.jpg

Press Release (3/14/13): MG Transportation Consulting & Design is awarded a Project/Contract Management Contract with Seifert Transit Graphics of New York for a Bus Stop Analysis with the Nassau Inter-County Express/Veolia Transportation.

I remember hearing that LIB stop announcements worked off of the odometer/wheel rotation

the vehicle tracking system (AVL) was GPS based and powered by the radio system 

has NICE changed this?

What is your basis for saying the announcements worked off the wheel rotations? How do you know they weren't powered by the GPS system on board the buses? That has been the subject of controversy for some time now. And whatever system was in place in Long Island Bus, NICE hasn't changed it?