What are the least reliable subway lines for on time performance ?

qjtransitmaster

The (A) crawls because there are a bunch of timers in Homeball Alley, and for a good reason too because of the switches...

If a line crawls, it's probably because of delays or timers (most of which are necessary for safety)

The only one I can think of is the (4) & (5), but that's because of the sheer amount of service and the line is over-capacity...

And BTW, a line can crawl and have a good on-time performance... (like the (R), apparently)

The least reliable line I'll say are lines that have last priority.

(5) train:

149th Street-Grand Concourse (waiting for the (2) or (4) depending on the direction)

Franklin Avenue (waiting for the (3))

(Q) train:

34th Street-Herald Square (waiting for the (N) or (R))

Prince Street and DeKalb Avenue (waiting for the (N))

However, I would like to say that FlushingExpress has a better answer to this though.

Nah the (F) isnt bad in rush hours... The (E) is worse in my opinion.. Lately in the AM rush, I've been having problems with the (E)... traffic delays, connection problems... Ugh I hate the (E) but I'm forced to take it... Btw, most trains leaving Jamaica Center leave a min or two early.... Leaving people coming off of already late buses forced to wait another 5 or 6 mins..

Out of all the lines I've ridden the (R) feels to be the slowest by far. I'm not basing this opinion of of dwell times at stations or how long I am kept waiting for a train, but the actual rides themselves.

The R46s haul a** on the (A) so why can't they do so on the (R)?

Oh please don't get me started on the (A)...

The timers located near the bypass stops and several tight curves makes the express more pointless...The local (C) is better...regardless of the fact that the 75 footers are heavy and have less motors/horsepower...

Out of all the lines I've ridden the (R) feels to be the slowest by far. I'm not basing this opinion of of dwell times at stations or how long I am kept waiting for a train, but the actual rides themselves.

The R46s haul a** on the (A) so why can't they do so on the (R)?

Please enlighten me as to where these haul-ass periods on the (A) are?

The (R) is a local route, that kills any chance right there. The damn trains even crawl through the tube.

Nah the (F) isnt bad in rush hours... The (E) is worse in my opinion.. Lately in the AM rush, I've been having problems with the (E)... traffic delays, connection problems... Ugh I hate the (E) but I'm forced to take it... Btw, most trains leaving Jamaica Center leave a min or two early.... Leaving people coming off of already late buses forced to wait another 5 or 6 mins..

I would have to agree here, I have seen two (C) trains come back to back with no (A) or (E) trains passing. You know something's up when that happens.

Some express runs without tighter curves and with switches that are not even regularly used located near an express stop have timers, making it lame and defeating time saving. The (A) feels much more worst IMO.

I would say this is one of least reliable lines...

Please enlighten me as to where these haul-ass periods on the (A) are?

Mostly in Brooklyn and Queens. I rode both the (A) and (R) over the summer and the (A) is much faster. Hell, even the Rock Park (S) felt faster than the (R). Mind, I've not ridden the (A) further north than 34th/Penn.

Mostly in Brooklyn and Queens. I rode both the (A) and (R) over the summer and the (A) is much faster. Hell, even the Rock Park (S) felt faster than the (R). Mind, I've not ridden the (A) further north than 34th/Penn.

The only two good stretches for the (A) is CPW & Hoyt Street-Nostrand Avenue-Utica Avenue.

All the other express sections are riddled with timers.

Most of the (A) Central Park West, 8th Avenue, and Fulton Street Express is indeed smoother and fast. The Jamaica Bay crossing is even faster.

Based on the report 6 Lexington Av posted the (A) and (E) are the least reliable lines. Although if you look more specifically the (5) has a higher rate of delays with 'major gaps' so that line also has issues.

The (E) seems awfully reliable when you're waiting for an uptown (C) at PABT.

Archived