Clever Devices on Neoplans and MCI in Fairview

SirJokaPlaya

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone confirm to me that the Clever Devices are now in use on the Fairview Neoplans and MCI's? A friend at NJT told me this today.

Not just there also in Newark 9531 got it i managed to get it on video but you dont hear it clearly also the NABIs in Newark has a new announcement that plays outside "Watch out Bus is in turning, Cuidado autobús está convirtiendo" i'll upload the videos to show you it

Can someone confirm to me that the Clever Devices are now in use on the Fairview Neoplans and MCI's? A friend at NJT told me this today.

On neos yup i think most of the fleet has em and the deivce is on top and pretty well snuggled as for the mci's not sure but if they do expect more to be in other mci's. you know the cool part about it is their led inside can do motion example bergenline+49th then it shows hblr transfer point sliding motion its so sweet i image one inside an mci

Not just there also in Newark 9531 got it i managed to get it on video but you dont hear it clearly also the NABIs in Newark has a new announcement that plays outside "Watch out Bus is in turning, Cuidado autobús está convirtiendo" i'll upload the videos to show you it

I've heard that on some of the Hamilton ones too.

we have to change the name of this topic.... i heard that one MCI at Washington Twp already has a Clever Device

we need to start tracking which MCIs / Neoplans in the entire NJT Bus Operations system have Clever Devices

the realtime GPS tracking from the Clever Devices is coming soon w/ an app

I've heard that on some of the Hamilton ones too.

Newton Ave already had the "Caution bus is turning" alert on the 5900s and 6000s NABIs, and that was recently added to all the Washington Twp NABIs

here is a video of an MCI w/ restroom inside with a Clever Device.... credit of that video goes to Juan

we have to change the name of this topic.... i heard that one MCI at Washington Twp already has a Clever Device

we need to start tracking which MCIs / Neoplans in the entire NJT Bus Operations system have Clever Devices

Newton Ave already had the "Caution bus is turning" alert on the 5900s and 6000s NABIs, and that was recently added to all the Washington Twp NABIs

here is a video of an MCI w/ restroom inside with a Clever Device.... credit of that video goes to Juan

yea they have it on the 5400s up here

Caution*

They are putting that crap on the MCIs!?! Nobody wants to hear that thing rattle off every side street. If anything it should announce transfer points and major stops and even then it's a bit much. Just have the drivers do the announcements and be done with it.

Ugh, now I'm debating going back to NJT. Why in the hell would you need a clever device on a MCI?!?!?! A Frigging MCI with a Clever Device? OMG, that's TERRIBLE! You gonna ruin the rolls royce of the fleet with THAT?

Looks like NJT loves them CRAPIs sooooo much, they want to do this?!?!?! What the hell are they smoking???

It doesn't bother me but that's because I'm used to the Clever Devices on LI Bus and now NICE. I like NJT's setup though, no annoying "bong" sound before the announcement, plus it says "STOP REQUESTED" when the bell is rung, I'm wondering if these changes can be made to the Clever Devices system on NICE?

yea they have it on the 5400s up here

I rode on #7535 not too long ago, that bus also has the Clever Devices.

Another NJT MCI with the newly-installed Clever Devices:

It doesn't bother me but that's because I'm used to the Clever Devices on LI Bus and now NICE. I like NJT's setup though, no annoying "bong" sound before the announcement, plus it says "STOP REQUESTED" when the bell is rung, I'm wondering if these changes can be made to the Clever Devices system on NICE?

Didn't the O7 NGs have the "Please exit through the rear door" announcement under the MTA? When I rode 1810 and 1777 this past weekend they didn't do that, so I guess they got rid of that now.

On my way back from the shore after getting my shorehouse ready for Sandy, I saw 7803 on the 551 with a Clever Device screen.... the LED sign displayed in scroll, "Avandale Park & Ride <> Entering Winslow"

its interesting, they place the Clever Device touchscreen panel over where the Luminator panel usually is, so its above the driver instead of on the side like the NABIs

On my way back from the shore after getting my shorehouse ready for Sandy, I saw 7803 on the 551 with a Clever Device screen.... the LED sign displayed in scroll, "Avandale Park & Ride <> Entering Winslow"

its interesting, they place the Clever Device touchscreen panel over where the Luminator panel usually is, so its above the driver instead of on the side like the NABIs

Same they fit the device on mci at fairview at least they do not have to drive and touch the thing at the same time one time a nabi had the do not operate deivce and drive at same time so it was werid

"Waste of money installing those things on a bunch of buses that are going to retire in a few years, imo.

Still pretty cool to see them on the Neoplans though "

They are putting that crap on the MCIs!?! Nobody wants to hear that thing rattle off every side street. If anything it should announce transfer points and major stops and even then it's a bit much. Just have the drivers do the announcements and be done with it.

The equipment can be transferred to another bus when they retire them. We have the same system in Baltimore and put them on our Flxs a while before they were retired to have a bulk of the buses on the fleet have announcements. Only issue was that the speakers on the Flxs were behind the panels and it was hard to hear the announcements clearly. I find it that now when they get the bus tracker installed, it can be used to find a particular bus on the fleet. An added benefit. Plus, the system is supposed to include tools for better fleet management and service management. So its not really a waste of money. Also, this helps to comply with ADA rules on announcements of stops/major points. Just a way for NJT to come into the 21st Century.

Archived