Clever Devices on Neoplans and MCI in Fairview

SirJokaPlaya

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, bus tracking is now online for Newton Ave and Hamilton Twp NABIs

Newton Ave's NABIs went online around Halloween Day

Hamilton's NABIs went online first and a guy from that Garage was training the Newton Ave drivers on the features, now he's training the Egg Harbor drivers while they're receiving NABIs (40ft) then, the training will be at Washington Twp garage

The main screen panel's arraignment window is different...

Looks like Academy Hoboken has now the point by point location of each street indentified on their clever device its about time i rode the 23 and hearing "Blvd East + 47th" never sounded good imo lol

yea i noticed it on the 2 but the 10 still don't have it lol

• 2 weeks later...

NJTCleverdevice7524.jpg

Just caught this bus at Lindenwold today, driver was kind enough to let me take the picture :)

so far, only 3 MCIs at Washington Twp now has the Clever Device smart bus system, 7524 (pictured above), 7803, and 8003

It fits so snugly on top of the panel and easily taken off to put on the next bus whatever it may be but i think sooner or later more buses will have them as fast because they are expected to have em all by the end of year or early 2013. This is good becuase mybus system will be real live time tracking like the metrobus in Washington soon. By the way the 22 has point to point as well and the 23 now has transfer point i need to ride on the 88 and 10 find out if somehow they have it but clever device wave is on now

One of the MCI's with clever device had a bit funny glitch today. It was running on 128 but the destination sign said 154 Fort Lee. I told the bus driver and he told me that the sign SHOULD change. Obviously, the sign didn't change and the driver tried to change it manually and didn't work...again. It was funny how he was complaining about the new technology...

One of the MCI's with clever device had a bit funny glitch today. It was running on 128 but the destination sign said 154 Fort Lee. I told the bus driver and he told me that the sign SHOULD change. Obviously, the sign didn't change and the driver tried to change it manually and didn't work...again. It was funny how he was complaining about the new technology...

If it had the screen display with On Route on the top instead of the next stop that would display on the interior LED sign, then its possible that it may be a bug with the run number...

NJTCleverdevice7524.jpg

Just caught this bus at Lindenwold today, driver was kind enough to let me take the picture :)

so far, only 3 MCIs at Washington Twp now has the Clever Device smart bus system, 7524 (pictured above), 7803, and 8003

I think it's stupid to have that. Keep the old school luminator control pad since some of those clever devices can't be used on MCI routes, unless NJT fixed it. Also, in case there is a problem with the device, have a backup.

A little nugget of info about these "nice items". Get in a bad storm and the satellite won't be able to locate the bus, thus the clever device isn't clever to give the stops coming up. That's why I wish they weren't on the bus. Plus, if there is a bus stop change, the device do not get updated immediately. In fact, it might not get updated until the next pick or TWO. Stupid idea.

A little nugget of info about these "nice items". Get in a bad storm and the satellite won't be able to locate the bus, thus the clever device isn't clever to give the stops coming up. That's why I wish they weren't on the bus. Plus, if there is a bus stop change, the device do not get updated immediately. In fact, it might not get updated until the next pick or TWO. Stupid idea.

I was told that Clever Devices edits all the bus stop announcement database and they have to turn it over to the NJT and "they are currently overwhelmed with the magnitude of the job." As NoHuBus mentioned, they have been working on the Academy Hillside routes with those stop announcements and transfer points

And yes, SirJoka.... they usually make immediate changes (such as luminator codes) that is needed around PICK, like when the 405, 407 no longer going into Philadelphia and renumbering the 407 Admiral Wilson trips to 414

If anybody rides a Designline crusier, let us know if that bus has a Clever Device system and the route its operating on is programmed

I think it's stupid to have that. Keep the old school luminator control pad since some of those clever devices can't be used on MCI routes, unless NJT fixed it. Also, in case there is a problem with the device, have a backup.

They probably moved the ODK inside the sign casing similar to how DC and Baltimore did. The problem here is that alot of operators don't know how to manually enter the destination codes (Most don't carry code books) when the system doesn't work. I pretty much can work with the system and know the ins and outs of it.

They probably moved the ODK inside the sign casing similar to how DC and Baltimore did. The problem here is that alot of operators don't know how to manually enter the destination codes (Most don't carry code books) when the system doesn't work. I pretty much can work with the system and know the ins and outs of it.

You know, I don't even know. To be honest, there was no setting to where we could just punch the code in as normal like the ODK signs did. I had to open the top lid and punch the code myself with the old box when the CD was not working. That's why I'm like, if that happens, and it will, how would you reset the box? I don't like paper signs because I don't like it covering the windshield, where it blocks my vision. I need to see the Entire Windscreen. That's just me. Plus, to be quite honest, I hated the announcements because no one wanted to hear them. I can't imagine them on a NYC line where people are trying to sleep, like on the 139, and people hear about reporting suspicious activities. I would imagine there would be more complaints than ever.

You know, I don't even know. To be honest, there was no setting to where we could just punch the code in as normal like the ODK signs did. I had to open the top lid and punch the code myself with the old box when the CD was not working. That's why I'm like, if that happens, and it will, how would you reset the box? I don't like paper signs because I don't like it covering the windshield, where it blocks my vision. I need to see the Entire Windscreen. That's just me. Plus, to be quite honest, I hated the announcements because no one wanted to hear them. I can't imagine them on a NYC line where people are trying to sleep, like on the 139, and people hear about reporting suspicious activities. I would imagine there would be more complaints than ever.

All new MTA buses have automated suspicious activity, bus operators protected by NY state law, etc. announcements, including the Prevosts and new MCIs last I checked.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived