Clever Devices on Neoplans and MCI in Fairview

SirJokaPlaya

I'm on Academy 8580 on the 139 right now, it has the Clever Devices though again no LED sign in the front. They're calling out stops now too.

Another thing, I think now with the Clever Devices Academy 139 runs won't be signed up as 51x because this is signed up as just "PORT AUTHORITY" and 139 PORT AUTHORITY on the side. And yes it makes the door announcement, even says Welcome Aboard New Jersey Transit. I wonder if they'll program the Wall Street routes...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like they're serious about getting BusTime running around the state in the spring. Not all the RTSs will be retired by then, but I guess if they're all at the PBLs then they can roll it out statewide on time. Don't know about the MCI CNGs either, I don't see any Designlines out besides 7202 so those could definitely still be around by then.

I wonder the frequency of complaints on the hoity toity lines with those clever devices (129/166/167/190/130's)

I can only imagine, especially now that the 139 is fully programmed. Took 7115 in on the 139 today and every stop got called out and showed up on the LED sign, but I think they might have changed the frequency of the random announcements, to me it felt longer between announcements on 8580 and 7115.

For some reason, I think the "PSA" annoucements that run automatically have been disabled, sure a driver can manually call it up on the touch screen, but i have not heard them for the past week or two

I think the frequencies were changed up, the time is longer between announcements.

• 3 weeks later...

Except MCI CNGs and RTSs lol. Even Academy has a bunch of buses with them for their 139 runs, IDK if the other PBLs will get them that don't run NJT contract services though.

If they're NJT owned, they will at least have a drivecam. Clever, probably not. And, you're right, none on the RTS but that's cuz the RTS will be RIP soon.

this is off topic, but when i was back in NJ my friend from Hilton showed me how the artics there some dont have the Clever Device yet but had cameras slowly getting installed on them, 9549 being the first one (that is based on a driver fresh off a 13 route from Irvington Terminal DH to Hilton ran over a pedestrian at Springfield Ave & New St a while back)

this is off topic, but when i was back in NJ my friend from Hilton showed me how the artics there some dont have the Clever Device yet but had cameras slowly getting installed on them, 9549 being the first one (that is based on a driver fresh off a 13 route from Irvington Terminal DH to Hilton ran over a pedestrian at Springfield Ave & New St a while back)

That reminds me, after looking at some videos I took in the PABT Friday I think I saw some MCIs out of Wayne Twp. (and maybe others) that still didn't have them. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All the south jersey MCI's clever devices need to fix the interior and exterior audio when it comes to door announcements and stop to stop announcements

I was on the 551 today, and the driver had to manually keep pressing the audio button on his screen multiple times when we approach Avandale or Camden, it seemed to work for some reason when we were at Avandale, which is the volume at max, but not at Camden

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the equipment used on the 161 buses (Wayne) has the Clever devices... some do not... 

As long as the volume isn't jarring, I have no complaints aside from the annoying bus is turning messages.

Ah, Wayne finally got them I see. That pretty much means the whole state has them now.

Archived