Clever Devices on Neoplans and MCI in Fairview

SirJokaPlaya

There haven't been any paper signs on any of the 161's and I don't think I have seen any on the conga-line on 10th Avenue..

The Clever devices have been particularly inconsistent these past two weeks on the 161:

- The interior panel was displaying stop locations the moment we pulled out of the 4th Floor (completely out of sync).

- The interior panel was not in sync by four stops.

- No stop announcements were made from Moonachie to New York, but all of a sudden we get a jarring announcement that we have reached Summit Ave in Union City and no other announcements.

- Buses that welcome passengers to NJ Transit 161 Paterson / others that don't when the doors open.

- The absence of the ubiquitous bus is turning en espanol (the English one plays) or no warning at all.

-That happens. It will display the next stop regardless of where you are and how far away you are from it.

-Seems to be a problem in Monmouth County with the Veolia contract routes as well.

-That happens on the 139 as well. I'm thinking it has something to do with the MCI exterior speakers, or possibly with the announcement volume in the bus which generally is low on the 139 except for Port Authority northbound and some major stops southbound, though the Designlines always seem to make the outside announcement loud and clear regardless of the inside volume.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There haven't been any paper signs on any of the 161's and I don't think I have seen any on the conga-line on 10th Avenue..

The Clever devices have been particularly inconsistent these past two weeks on the 161:

- The absence of the ubiquitous bus is turning en espanol or no warning at all.

I think the MCI engines are louder than the turn warning annoucement

In fact, there's a exterior speaker on the driver's side on both NABIs and MCIs

• 7 months later...

Archived