Bay Ridge R train often leaving 59th St (Bklyn) as N express arriving

RtrainBlues

This is entirely the case of a train being early. It is not hard to be early with the (D) or (B) at 59-CC. Ive been operating a (B) and been a couple minutes early, and wait for the (D) to come in and leave. Of course, I've done vice versa many more times. That is not on the crew, that's on the tower as we have no idea where a train behind us is. At least when I'm on the (D) , I know I'm early, I make the announcement myself if they don't give me a lineup to leave right away, sometimes they let me cut in front the (B) anyway cause I'm holding up an (A) behind me.

Thanks for enlightening me. It was never my intention to harbor disrespect towards the dispatchers or the train crew.

What's even worse is (B)/(D) service in Columbus Circle or 125th. ...because at 59th, the (D) should be given priority, but often times that is not the case. I've seen the (D) sit at 59th with holding lights to connect to the (B) only to have the (B) pull out first. Plus, the lack of announcements indicating which train hits 6th avenue first doesn't help...
You simply have to depend on luck. Whenever that happened to me, I switched to the (B) and it was the first one to leave 59th. :P

This may or may not be related, but I've heard conductors on the R and Q conversing before during late nights. I don't remember which one, but one was complaining about how he is always scolded for being late or something while he has to wait 5 minutes at Dekalb Avenue every day to make a connection. Looks like none of the fingers know what the other fingers are doing…

Archived