If you were a B/O, what depot would you pick, and why?

CDTA

And if you're already a B/O, why'd you pick the depot that you did? (IIRC, B/O's pick their depots, correct me if i'm wrong)

For me:

TA:

126th Street. For starters, when I move back to the city, when not attending Columbia, I plan on living in Harlem, so it's blocks away. And also, even though those routes/runs look like hell (I would know, I rode the M60 every day back in the city), I feel as if I wouldn't mind it for those specific routes, not to mention I like all of those routes. And also, what's not to like about NG's and RTS's?

TA #2:

Meredith Avenue Depot.

I've always been fond of this depot, probably because it's one of the most forgotten depots. Also, an all express depot seems pretty interesting. And yet again, just seems like a pretty good depot to work out of. Although one very big problem;

that commute is absolute hell. (That's why it isn't #1) (P.S. dat badge)

MTAB:

Baisley Park Depot. I just LOVE all of the routes out of this depot. And it's an all Orion depot, not to mention a relatively small one. Also the commute isn't that bad...

MTAB #2:

An ex-Green Lines depot. Green Lines is my favorite of the private companies, and both depots are quite small, and both have good routes, and aren't a PITA to commute to. (And both have nice badges) Also both seem relatively forgotten.

OA:

Manhattanville. My home depot, and an all O7 depot, I love it there. It's in a nice location, (used to walk by there sometimes), a pretty quick commute, and I love all of their routes. (Yes, I would be able to put up with the 5th Ave traffic.)

OA #2:

West Farms Depot. This could be considered my "other" home depot, because of the Bx15, Bx19, Bx6, and the O7's. Well for starters, the vast majority of this depot is O7's. Also, I don't mind any of these routes, even the ones considered "dangerous". And WF is also the largest depot in the MTA.

If I was a B/O, I'd choose any of these depots:

MJQ - I grew up riding Quill routes (M9, M14A/D, M8, M23, M22, M21, particularly). I like all of those routes, wouldn't have any problem driving on any of them..

Ulmer Park - Tbh I'd only work here for the XD40s lolol

Eastchester - I'd love to drive the Q50, one of my favorite routes in the city !

Kingsbridge - I'd work there just to drive the XD60s lolol

College Point - There are quite a few good routes at CP (Q19, Q65, Q64, Q25) that i would love to drive! I like the O5 CNGs and the C40s so its a double win !

Jamaica - All of my home routes are Jamaica except the 111/113/6 (Although JFK is my home depot).. There are some good runs that I would like to drive (Q3, Q5)

JFK - Only for the RTSes. I'd prefer to drive the Q37, but as long as I didn't do the Q60, I'd be content.

LGA - There are some good routes in LGA too. I'd love to drive the Q53 or Q49.

QV - I like the Q43, Q1 and Q46, would like to drive any of those.. Like the LFSes too :)

Spring Creek - B103. nuff said.

I'd want to work at either Gleason (ALL CNG's, well maintained and clean buses, Most friendly drivers, and Id want to drive routes such as the B4, B8, B9, B16, B63, B68, and B70)

Or Ulmer Park (All for the ZF RTS's and the XD40's and I've memorized the B36, B1, B74, and B3 routes as long as I dont get stuck with a 3G it's all good)

Or Spring Creek (Remaining PBL 05's, Quality 07 OG Hybrids, and Id want to drive either the B100 B103, BM1, BM3, or BM4.

LGA, because it's close to home, and the Q69 is my home route. You also get to drive the Q53s to Woodside by taking the highway, and you get to drive them to the Rockaways. Then there's the Q100, which is a fast route, especially on 20th Avenue, when in a span of 20 or 30 blocks, there are just 5 or 6 lights.

I personally, would LOVE to drive at Kingsbridge, mostly because I grew up riding the Bx41, Bx1, Bx2, Bx9, Bx55, and M100, and because they're about to have a great variety of artics and they have O5's! What's not to like! As for MTA Bus, I would choose to go to JFK, because they operate my favorite Queens route, the Q6. I'm also comfortable with the neighborhoods they serve, and I wouldn't be too far away from my family...

Ulmer Park - I would love to drive those Prevosts, if they don't leave that is. I would also like to drive those ZF RTS's and XD40's. The location of this depot is beautiful.

Flatbush - The B44 Select would be interesting, and those LFSA's with the DD11 (if plans don't change) would be incredible. It would also be fun to drive the NG's down Utica Ave in the morning.

Gleason - The C40s, I would love to push them things on the B8 down Ave D early in the morning. I would love to drive the 35 in Sunset Park aswell, although I would try to stick with the Kings Highway short turns to avoid Brownsville.

Spring Creek - The B103 spells speed. The highway would be epic to drive on, and I love Kensington. The express routes seem nice.

JFK - I wouldn't mind driving the Q60, the RTS's and NG's.

LGA - Q53 seems like a fun route.

QV - 2251 and the sisters nuff said.

Casey Stengal - I would like that run up to West Farms.

MJQ - I like the M23 route and their buses are in very good condition.

126th - M60 seems like another fun route.

Castleton - S53. I would like to drive on the Verrazano.

Charleston - The 2012 MCI's nuff said.

Eastchester - Operating the Q50 with the Orion V's.

Queens Village: It's my home depot. My home line (Q83) is operated by it. Routes like the Q43, Q46 & Q88 are ones I would like to do. Still has a good amount of RTS's there as they're still the workhorse of the depot.

Jamaica: 2nd home depot. I know more than half their routes (Q5, Q17, Q30, Q85) as I choose to operate on them (mainly Middays or Weekends) like to avoid the bulk of kids whenever I could. B-)

Michael J. Quill: Well, it'd give me a reason to work in Manhattan :P . I like to operate the RTS's there on routes like the M42, M66/72 & other routes that don't often see them.

126st: (See Quill for common first & second reason). Admire the SBS LFS they have & would be interested to operate to M15+SBS.

Flatbush: I'd like to operate their busiest routes B41, B44, & B46.

College Point: About half their routes IMO are intriguing. The Q25 & Q34 passes by my old J.H.S. (like to run & reminiscence old memories)

Casey Stengel: The Orion V's 'tis all...

I only will drive easy bus routes from any depots.

Bus:

Bx7, Bx12 SBS, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M7, M8, M9, M10, M11, M14A, M14D, M15 SBS, M20, M21, M22, M23, M31, M34 SBS, M34A SBS, M35, M42, M50, M57, M60, M66, M72, M79, M86, M96, M98, M100, M101, M102, M103, M104, M106, Q3, Q6, Q10 LTD, Q12, Q21, Q22, Q33, Q49, Q52, Q53, Q66, Q72, Q113 LTD, S79 SBS, S89.

For NICE Bus:

I would drive easy routes I know like:

n33, n88.

For Bee-Line buses, I would drive easy routes like:

Route 14, 20/21 buses.

I only will drive easy bus routes from any depots.

Bus:

Bx7, Bx12 SBS, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M7, M8, M9, M10, M11, M14A, M14D, M15 SBS, M20, M21, M22, M23, M31, M34 SBS, M34A SBS, M35, M42, M50, M57, M60, M66, M72, M79, M86, M96, M98, M100, M101, M102, M103, M104, M106, Q3, Q6, Q10 LTD, Q12, Q21, Q22, Q33, Q49, Q52, Q53, Q66, Q72, Q113 LTD, S79 SBS, S89.

For NICE Bus:

I would drive easy routes I know like:

n33, n88.

For Bee-Line buses, I would drive easy routes like:

Route 14, 20/21 buses.

geezz...the question is...if u was b/o what depot would u pick and why...not what FREAKING BUSES U PICK OUT THE DEPOT...u should of said Id choose gun hill becAuse of the bx12 sbs Tuskegee for the m100s...blahh blahh... not that ^

If I were going to be a B/O I'd probably want to work out of KB first and foremost. I grew up on the southern edge of Van Cortlandt Park off Sedgwick Av, and I have plenty of fond memories of riding nearly all of their routes; the Bx1/2 and 10 are my home lines, and I've regularly used the the Bx3, 7, 9, 20, and 28 (rush-hour assignment) during various points in my high school career. I've been on almost every route in the depot end-to-end (with the exceptions of the Bx11, Bx18, and Bx39 (rush hours and overnights some trips come from KB)) which would make line training much simpler, and it's basically my home depot. Besides, it's the only depot in the city with Orion Vs and XD60s. :P

Barring that I'd really like to work at Eastchester for a mix of reasons, the first two of which are Orion Vs and the Q50. On top of that, ECH is currently being used to store a few exotic buses (the Vikings and the single-door Orion V suburbans) and I would rather like being around them on a regular basis; Hell, maybe I could codebreak a Viking for some of you guys at some point. ;)

If i were to be a B/O, i would pick the following in the terms of....

Distance:

TA: Casey Stengel

BC: LaGuardia, College Point

Fleet:

TA: Casey Stengel, Queens Village, Castleton, Ulmer Park

OA: 126 Street, West Farms, Michael J Quill, Gun Hill

BC: LaGuardia, College Point, Baisley Park, Eastchester

Express Routes:

TA: Castleton, Ulmer Park

BC: College Point, Eastchester

Home Routes:

TA: Casey Stengel, Fresh Pond

BC: LaGuardia, College Point

Guest MTA Bus

I would like to work at the following depots

MABOSTA: MJQ because they have a lot of different routes to work on.

MTA Bus: College Point because that's my favorite depot. It has very few local routes and a ton of express routes.

NYCTA: Casey Stengel because it's mostly Orion Vs (my favorite bus) and them LFSAs on the Q44 looks fun to operate.

If i were a b/o i would like to work at:

My home depots Grand and Fresh Pond since they both have my home route the B38. Other depots i would like at are casey stengel because they have nova lfsa and the q32 bus. In Manhattan I would work at mjq cause of the various routes and i also would work at any depot with express routes and the prevost.

I must say, I would be @ Kingsbridge.

Just because its right there, & i'd drive all routes from KB except the Bx18, just because it isnt really "popular"

WF? I'd do, just because of the CNG's; no artics..

MJQ? Id do all the crosstown bus routes there.

MV? I cant, that traffic at 5th Av? I cant deal with it lol.

If I could pick a depot, I'd probably just go with the depots with some of my favorite routes: Kingsbridge for the Bx1, Bx7, Bx20, M100, Bx41 and Bx55, Tuskegee Airmen for the M101 and its sister routes, West Farms for the Bx15 or Bx33, Manhattanville for the 5-Madison Av routes, and the M98, Quill for the same route and the M104, or Flatbush for the B41, B44 or B46. Of course, I'd probably see some really crazy or violent passengers along with farebeaters, but that comes with the territory I suppose.

If I had to narrow it down to two, it'd be Kingsbridge or Tuskegee Airmen.

Archived