If you were a B/O, what depot would you pick, and why?

CDTA

• 4 weeks later...

The depots I would chose if I were to become a B/O are:

Grand Ave: because I like riding their routes, and their drivers are the most friendly.

East New York:because it's the closest depot near where I live, and their drivers are brave enougth to drive through neighborhoods like Brownsville and East New York.

I try to stay away from questions like this, but what the hell....

I'm probably technically equidistant from the 2 mileage-wise, but I'd probably pick flatbush (as petty as it sounds) b/c it's closer to the crib.... I'm highly adaptable, so I wouldn't worry about bus types....

I only will drive easy bus routes from any depots.

Do you drive? just sayin.....

I don't care if it's the shortest or the "straightest" route, driving on these streets period aint easy, lemme tell ya....

Especially in this city.... heh....

The Bronx: West Farms seems to be the only one I'd truly have a shot at. I'd like Eastchester and Yonkers as well, but they appear to be senior depots.

Brooklyn: The routes out of Flatbush, Jackie Gleason, or Ulmer Park seem to be pretty straightforward.

Manhattan: 126TH and Quill seem to have the easier/crosstown routes in my opinion.

Queens: Throw me anywhere in this borough and I'm lost. I would however consider College Point and Spring Creek.

Staten Island: Either Castleton or Charleston. I like the routes out of both depots as they are different and somewhat scenic. In addition, I'm most with the borough of Staten Island out of the entire city.

• 5 years later...

Archived