Interesting Rude Lady on n27 Roslyn-n23 Hempstead

Interest thing happened on n27 Roslyn and and n23 Hempstead ride today. You SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON IT to hear this.

With Japanese elderly guest who wants to see Long Island, we boarded n20 CW Post 13:00 which left 4 minutes late at Flushing, arriving Glen Clove Rd @ 13:58, 10 minutes behind schedule with broken down Destination sign on 1727.

Then, 13:55 n27 Roslyn came ontime at 14:14 and departed ontime.

When bus arrived at 14:20 at Roslyn terminus, same blonde lady who was also on n27 getting on n23 1782 was extreme rude.

When beanies were speaking their own language and she said to them in voice, "SPEAK ENGLISH! YOU'RE IN AMERICA!"

She has no right to say that.

On 14:25, all passengers were happy when 13:55 n23 Hempstead showed up on time and departed 1 minute early after everyone got on.

When beanies ( I don't know how to say this polite form) were speaking Spanish behind the Blonde woman and they got in mouth argument, she said to them

She: SPEAK ENGLISH. YOU'RE IN AMERICA."

Beanies: WE DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH"

She: WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHY YOU'RE HERE? THIS IS AMERICA.

beanies just laughed.

One of Spanish sitting behind on opposite of rear door said something in English.

She repeated: WHY YOU'RE HERE? IF YOU DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY. SPEAK ENGLISH HERE. YOU'RE IN AMERICA."

Then Veolia NICE B/O got in nervous and said to both of them: ALL RIGHT, WE GET THE POINT."

She still continued and beanies threatened to call cops because they were getting harrassed by American citizen.

Beanies told her he was friend with trooper and so does she.

She said: ONLY ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE SHOULD RIDE THE BUS." in rudefully.

It wasn't very nice of her to threatened them not to ride NICE Bus.

If she was daily commuter of n23 and n27, she should have been polite.

First of all what is a beanie?

, "SPEAK ENGLISH! YOU'RE IN AMERICA!"

She has no right to say that.

One of the great things about living in America is she has every right to say it. We may not like what we hear other people say sometimes but people have very right to voice their opinions.

To play devils advocate and not saying this lady was right in way for acting out like she did... A lot of Americans are frustrated these days because they grew up in this country only speaking English and were only taught one language now every other job you see you must know both English & Spanish. People say wait a minute, people want to come to America and not learn English and now I must be forced to learn Spanish if I want to get a job. Is that fair? There are many countries around the world that require you to take a test and be fluent in their official language before and take a test showing you are as part of the process to become a citizen of their country. Granted the United States doesn't have an official language, but English has always been American. I used to feel that English should be the official language of the United States until someone said to me "if someone doesn't speak English and charged with a crime they would not be given a translator, do you think that is fair?" No, I don't think that would be fair so I changed my opinion on it. However, on the flip side of the coin would I be given a translator if I was charged with a crime in Mexico? I highly doubt it..

Is it fair that the middle aged people in our country who are who are already having a hard time finding work find closed door after closed door because no one taught them Spanish? Now put yourself in their shoes, they can't find employment because they don't speak Spanish and you see immigrants coming into the Country who instead of learning English has the government and companies bend over to make sure everything is also in Spanish. I've seen B/O's on the N4's get shit because they don't speak Spanish. Everyone gives NICE shit if an alert is not also in Spanish and then rips on it if it is not in good Spanish. Just like English is not the official language of the United States neither is Spanish so no one has to make sure things are in Spanish, it may be good customer service but then is another example of organizations bending over to cater to those who want to come to America but won't learn English. Then the job at the DMV, Doctors Office, at NICE etc, is given to the person who speaks both English and Spanish, and the middles aged person who never really had the opportunity to learn Spanish is not considered.

The next time you hear one of these people talking about people who come to America should learn English, put yourself in their shoes and maybe you will understand the sting they are feeling and their remarks will not sting as badly.

I have personally been turned down for several jobs (and that the ones I don't even apply for because the job posting specifically says someone must be fluent in both English & Spanish) one was several years ago, I went in for a job interview and everything went great, they even told me I got the job then the interviewer said "Now you just need to go outside and speak with XXXX, just have a simple conversation so she can give me the thumbs up that you are fluent enough in Spanish..." Oh wait, what. "I don't know enough Spanish to have a conversation with someone in Spanish." That was it, the employers face turned and said "we're ideally looking for someone fluent in both Spanish & English." And recently I was turned down for a job based in the US that sent you to Mexico often. I thought it would be a great way to immerse myself in culture and learn Spanish quickly, sink or swim. But I was turned down because I didn't have 2-3 years of traveling to areas that requires communication in Spanish. I understand, all I wanted was an opportunity to work, go to Mexico, and learn Spanish while in their country. I was turned down. But you can be from Mexico, want an opportunity, come to America, and from what I've seen not have to learn English and it's not going to be that big of a deal, just don't live in the Midwest.

The actions from the blonde woman are absolutely disgusting. You don't treat other people with this racist filth. As what CDTA said, God forbid that Spanish-speaking person visited from another country and was trying to find a way to get around. And even if this Spanish-speaking person didn't visit, English still isn't all that easy to learn, and not all can speak it fluently or without an extremely thick accent.

One of the great things about living in America is she has every right to say it. We may not like what we hear other people say sometimes but people have very right to voice their opinions.

Just because you express an opinion doesn't mean you get a free pass. What that blonde woman said was a clear attack on the Spanish-speaking woman just because she was more comfortable speaking her native language to an individual she presumably knows. The freedom of speech comes with responsibilities. You don't have the right to freedom of consequences, and the blonde was purposely egging a fight.

First of all what is a beanie?

To play devils advocate and not saying this lady was right in way for acting out like she did... A lot of Americans are frustrated these days because they grew up in this country only speaking English and were only taught one language now every other job you see you must know both English & Spanish. People say wait a minute, people want to come to America and not learn English and now I must be forced to learn Spanish if I want to get a job. Is that fair? There are many countries around the world that require you to take a test and be fluent in their official language before and take a test showing you are as part of the process to become a citizen of their country. Granted the United States doesn't have an official language, but English has always been American. I used to feel that English should be the official language of the United States until someone said to me "if someone doesn't speak English and charged with a crime they would not be given a translator, do you think that is fair?" No, I don't think that would be fair so I changed my opinion on it. However, on the flip side of the coin would I be given a translator if I was charged with a crime in Mexico? I highly doubt it..

Is it fair that the middle aged people in our country who are who are already having a hard time finding work find closed door after closed door because no one taught them Spanish? Now put yourself in their shoes, they can't find employment because they don't speak Spanish and you see immigrants coming into the Country who instead of learning English has the government and companies bend over to make sure everything is also in Spanish. I've seen B/O's on the N4's get shit because they don't speak Spanish. Everyone gives NICE shit if an alert is not also in Spanish and then rips on it if it is not in good Spanish. Just like English is not the official language of the United States neither is Spanish so no one has to make sure things are in Spanish, it may be good customer service but then is another example of organizations bending over to cater to those who want to come to America but won't learn English. Then the job at the DMV, Doctors Office, at NICE etc, is given to the person who speaks both English and Spanish, and the middles aged person who never really had the opportunity to learn Spanish is not considered.

The next time you hear one of these people talking about people who come to America should learn English, put yourself in their shoes and maybe you will understand the sting they are feeling and their remarks will not sting as badly.

I have personally been turned down for several jobs (and that the ones I don't even apply for because the job posting specifically says someone must be fluent in both English & Spanish) one was several years ago, I went in for a job interview and everything went great, they even told me I got the job then the interviewer said "Now you just need to go outside and speak with XXXX, just have a simple conversation so she can give me the thumbs up that you are fluent enough in Spanish..." Oh wait, what. "I don't know enough Spanish to have a conversation with someone in Spanish." That was it, the employers face turned and said "we're ideally looking for someone fluent in both Spanish & English." And recently I was turned down for a job based in the US that sent you to Mexico often. I thought it would be a great way to immerse myself in culture and learn Spanish quickly, sink or swim. But I was turned down because I didn't have 2-3 years of traveling to areas that requires communication in Spanish. I understand, all I wanted was an opportunity to work, go to Mexico, and learn Spanish while in their country. I was turned down. But you can be from Mexico, want an opportunity, come to America, and from what I've seen not have to learn English and it's not going to be that big of a deal, just don't live in the Midwest.

Sorry famousNY but burrstone is right why should people come to america and force their language on the job market here? Someone who never learned spanish and was born here can't find work cause they do not speak a language that is not even that common in the US is beyond unfair while someone can just come into america and get a job here with ease without even trying to learn english that is an insult to the american people who were born here and a complete diss to the english language they are basically SHITTING on the english language basically kicking people out of america cause they don't speak spanish cmon very disrespectful to enter the US and refuse to learn english and have the nerve to give us americans flack and NICE BS cause it's in English no respect for Americans who were born here now I understand why NICE and SCT have such a stigma they are bending over to immigrants while ignoring the native residents of LI the people a.k.a white people in general feel shafted by the bus system and in a way don't use it because of that reason. However NYC is a bit different due to many people speaking several languages I do agree that transit systems and places in general near NYC would have information in multiple languages. But in other places LEARN ENGLISH!!!!!!! You would not like it if I came to Spain and demanded everything to be in English and refuse to learn spanish now would you that is disrespectful. That is like trying to live in France and not learn french that is spitting on their culture kind of what these immigrants mostly from mexico are doing with america look at their problems.

The actions from the blonde woman are absolutely disgusting. You don't treat other people with this racist filth. As what CDTA said, God forbid that Spanish-speaking person visited from another country and was trying to find a way to get around. And even if this Spanish-speaking person didn't visit, English still isn't all that easy to learn, and not all can speak it fluently or without an extremely thick accent.

Just because you express an opinion doesn't mean you get a free pass. What that blonde woman said was a clear attack on the Spanish-speaking woman just because she was more comfortable speaking her native language to an individual she presumably knows. The freedom of speech comes with responsibilities. You don't have the right to freedom of consequences, and the blonde was purposely egging a fight.

OK you have a point racist filth I hate even more that is a valid scenario.

It's really supposed to be "beaner" which is PinePower's term for spanish people who are supposedly on Long Island illegally.

Oh gawd...

You don't have the right to freedom of consequences, and the blonde was purposely egging a fight.

Well hold on, we don't know what is going on in peoples head and really don't know what people intend with certain actions or comments, just because we percieve it to be something doesn't make it so and cannot say things like this women was egging on a fight with her comments. We don't know that, some people just love to talk (or what I like to view it as spew off at the mouth) we cannot say for sure say for certainly whether this lady was looking to egg on a fight or just had diarrhea of the mouth.

OK you have a point racist filth I hate even more that is a valid scenario.

First off I want everyone to know that I think this lady sounds like a crude jackass that I would never associate with and would ignore if I was on a bus with her.

I also don't think freedom of speech gives someone the right to be a racist, and I hate racists! However, If you start censoring free speech saying a blonde lady cannot say on a public bus that people coming to America should speak English is free speech because it is racist we are going down a slippery slope. What exactly about that statement is racist? The women could be a racist, I have no idea, I don't know her but how is someone stating that they feel people coming to America should speak English racism? It might offend people but what makes it racist that she's a blonde lady stating her opinion to someone (I assume) of some sort of Spanish decent? It might offend someone but it's not racism.

However NYC is a bit different due to many people speaking several languages I do agree that transit systems and places in general near NYC would have information in multiple languages. But in other places LEARN ENGLISH!!!!!!!

Absolutely! Being good hosts to people who want to visit from all over the world I think we should make communication as possible and make things like navigating the transit systems as easy as possible for everyone. I think we should work on this more, since there are so many languages I think we should try to communicate with shapes, pictures, and colors, as often as possible.

Isn't that English? ;)

So some morons take the bus? I don't find that very surprising.

Exactly (Yuki, just to be clear, Brett's referring to the racist woman who told them to speak English as the moron, not the people who were speaking Spanish)

I don't see the point in making a whole thread about it. A post in the NICE-Random Thoughts thread would've been enough.

Sorry famousNY but burrstone is right why should people come to america and force their language on the job market here? Someone who never learned spanish and was born here can't find work cause they do not speak a language that is not even that common in the US is beyond unfair while someone can just come into america and get a job here with ease without even trying to learn english

ahhhhhhh.gif

I hope you're not trying to insinuate that it's easier for a person who doesn't speak English to find a job, compared to somebody who speaks English, but not Spanish?

A lot of the jobs people are referring to require you to be bilingual. That means you have to know another language (in this case, Spanish) and English. You can't get by just knowing Spanish, but not English.

It wasn't only female. It was Spanish male/females. Spanish males are sitting on high section and spanish couples were sitting opposite of rear door behind the blonde lady.

if you move to Quebec for a job, even if you're already a Canadian, and can't speak French within I think it was 6 months, you're employer has every right to get rid of you on the spot.

tried to do that here, the ACLU would have a corinary.

Like it or not, we are an English speaking nation. Our laws are written in English. Our government's business is conducted in English.

It is much easier for everyone else to learn english than to have someone like me, who not only speaks only english, but comes from a family that's basicly spoken only english for centuries, learn all the others. I'm more than half Irish, I think that gives me a break.

the only lanugage i have even a slight grasp of is Japanese, and that's only from 6 years of Japanese tv on youtube.

and, for the record, the idea that if we made english offical, then accusied who don't speak english won't get a translator is rather absuird. I'm sure other countries do work that way, but just wanting to encourage a common tounge here doesn't mean some people will get hung out to dry.

Isn't that English? ;)

Exactly (Yuki, just to be clear, Brett's referring to the racist woman who told them to speak English as the moron, not the people who were speaking Spanish)

I don't see the point in making a whole thread about it. A post in the NICE-Random Thoughts thread would've been enough.

ahhhhhhh.gif

I hope you're not trying to insinuate that it's easier for a person who doesn't speak English to find a job, compared to somebody who speaks English, but not Spanish?

A lot of the jobs people are referring to require you to be bilingual. That means you have to know another language (in this case, Spanish) and English. You can't get by just knowing Spanish, but not English.

I assume many believe that immigrants have the upper hand, due to them immigrating from their native country, bringing their language skills with them, which in reality the people in the U.S. have every right to learn another language to make them more competitive.

I will say I get very vocal about issues like this, especially when considering I'm of Mexican backround. Suprisingly my family and I rarely have to deal with narrow minded fools like this. Perhaps it's because we all speak English, or perhaps because around 50% of California is Hispanic/Latino.

Just to through it out there, I love when people use the "speak english, this is america" (usually spelled with the lowercase as well) excuse. I just want to show them a map and show them all the Spanish speaking nations (nevermind the countries that speak a language apart from English or Spanish) encompassed in the land mass that is "the America's".

If you're going to be a patriotic nationalist, at least get your own damn country right. You are in The United States of America, on the continent North America. The U.S. isn't always the center of attention.

if you move to Quebec for a job, even if you're already a Canadian, and can't speak French within I think it was 6 months, you're employer has every right to get rid of you on the spot.

tried to do that here, the ACLU would have a corinary.

Like it or not, we are an English speaking nation. Our laws are written in English. Our government's business is conducted in English.

It is much easier for everyone else to learn english than to have someone like me, who not only speaks only english, but comes from a family that's basicly spoken only english for centuries, learn all the others. I'm more than half Irish, I think that gives me a break.

the only lanugage i have even a slight grasp of is Japanese, and that's only from 6 years of Japanese tv on youtube.

and, for the record, the idea that if we made english offical, then accusied who don't speak english won't get a translator is rather absuird. I'm sure other countries do work that way, but just wanting to encourage a common tounge here doesn't mean some people will get hung out to dry.

What, you don't think learning English was hard for immigrants whose families have spoken Spanish for centuries?

People here seem to forget that people in Latina America, Europe, and Asia have to learn English, too. I don't see any of them whining.

It's really supposed to be "beaner" which is PinePower's term for spanish people who are supposedly on Long Island illegally.

Oh, dear Lord, he's more racist than I thought.

I assume many believe that immigrants have the upper hand, due to them immigrating from their native country, bringing their language skills with them, which in reality the people in the U.S. have every right to learn another language to make them more competitive.

This. I mean, Spanish is taught in most middle & high schools. Instead of complaining, take advantage of those classes and try to improve your language skills. Even if it's just basic Spanish, it's better than nothing.

I wasn't clear enough?

Eh, extra clarity never hurt.

When beanies ( I don't know how to say this polite form) were speaking Spanish behind the Blonde woman and they got in mouth argument, she said to them

She: SPEAK ENGLISH. YOU'RE IN AMERICA."

She: WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHY YOU'RE HERE? THIS IS AMERICA.

beanies just laughed.

One of Spanish sitting behind on opposite of rear door said something in English.

She repeated: WHY YOU'RE HERE? IF YOU DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY. SPEAK ENGLISH HERE. YOU'RE IN AMERICA."

Then Veolia NICE B/O got in nervous and said to both of them: ALL RIGHT, WE GET THE POINT."

She still continued and beanies threatened to call cops because they were getting harrassed by American citizen.

Beanies told her he was friend with trooper and so does she.

She said: ONLY ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE SHOULD RIDE THE BUS." in rudefully.

It wasn't very nice of her to threatened them not to ride NICE Bus.

If she was daily commuter of n23 and n27, she should have been polite.

Yeah, I got news for you Brett.... "illegals" is also a term he uses to describe spanish people.....

In any case, that isn't "pinepower's term" (although I have heard him use it to describe spanish folks out in Nassau County in one of his videos).... and to you Yuki, it's quite disgusting how you decided to report this..... It's just as ignorant as that bigoted ass blonde woman talking to those spanish speaking people on that bus you were on....

A bean*r is a racist term for a mexican, Yuki....

When referring to spanish people, Pinepower is the last person you should want to borrow any sort of terminology from....

Yeah, I got news for you Brett.... "illegals" is also a term he uses to describe spanish people.....

In any case, that isn't "pinepower's term" (although I have heard him use it to describe spanish folks out in Nassau County in one of his videos).... and to you Yuki, it's quite disgusting how you decided to report this..... It's just as ignorant as that bigoted ass blonde woman talking to those spanish speaking people on that bus you were on....

When referring to spanish people, Pinepower is the last person you should want to borrow any sort of terminology from....

I didn't say it was the only term so that really isn't news to me.

Granted he really shouldn't have posted this, but I can see why he thought he should.

Anyhow, I have nothing else to say other than narrow minded people like this are usually taken care of (you know what I mean).

With that said, perhaps we should just let this thread die.

I didn't say it was the only term so that really isn't news to me.

Yeah yeah, I know what you said...

Remarkable how literal some of you are on here - "that really isn't news to me."...

This. I mean, Spanish is taught in most middle & high schools. Instead of complaining, take advantage of those classes and try to improve your language skills. Even if it's just basic Spanish, it's better than nothing.

I can understand wanting to be pro-american, but at the same time, saying something as ignorant as only english people should ride the bus (which is discriminatory) shouldn't go hand in hand.... No wonder so many people from other nations despises america....

As far as learning another language.... Way things are going now, I'd say it'd be in a (younger, especially) person's best interest to delve into learning at least a 2nd language.... Jobs that require you to be multilingual tend to pay more....

Granted he really shouldn't have posted this, but I can see why he thought he should.

Anyhow, I have nothing else to say other than narrow minded people like this are usually taken care of (you know what I mean).

With that said, perhaps we should just let this thread die.

I just caught wind of this, since I don't normally check this section....

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Yuki posting a snippet of what happened on one of his rides (although I agree w/ checkmate that it could've been posted in the random thoughts thread in this section).... Personally, I don't see what's so interesting about some bigot on a public bus, but I'm not understanding why it was necessary for Yuki to use a term like that (regardless of spelling) he was unfamiliar with....

I'm not much of a karma believer, but IMO people like that lady already got hers... You have to be a pretty miserable person to go on a rant of sorts, especially in public..... Gotta love what people (especially women) will blurt out in controlled environments.... 10 bucks says she wouldn't have said that to those ppl. outside the bus/in the streets....

I concur with what you're saying here though.

Yuki should've just said spanish person in the beginning anyways. Spanish people are probably the most understimated people along with several other races. To get this back on topic, something needs to be done about these type of people.

Yuki should've just said spanish person in the beginning anyways. Spanish people are probably the most understimated people along with several other races. To get this back on topic, something needs to be done about these type of people.

Unfortunately, they make up a large part of NICE ridership.

Archived