FDA probes reported deaths with Monster drink link.

KeystoneRegional

Fox News - "

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said it is investigating reports of five deaths and a non-fatal heart attack linked to highly caffeinated Monster Energy Drinks.

The agency acknowledged the adverse reports Monday, but FDA spokeswoman Shelly Burgess said the reports don't prove that the drinks caused the deaths.

The news follows last week's filing in California of a wrongful death suit by the parents of a 14-year-old, Hagerstown, Md., girl who died after drinking two, 24-ounce Monster Beverage Corp. drinks in 24 hours."

My verdict:

Truth is, if you drink more than the recommended servings (aka maximum 1 can), you're at risk. Drank NOS, and it always gives me a meltdown. Rockstar and Full Throttle gets me dizzy. Red Bulls make me feel oddly light. Monster powers me, bu

t two cans will get me dizzy and my heart will be pumping like crazy. Really Monster is safe for me, but it might not be safe for others. She frankly shouldn't be drinking anyways, nor do I before I am an adult, it says right on the can!

I was never really into those caffeinated drinks you see in a deli like MONSTER. But it's the parent's fault for not watching what their 14 year old was drinking and the 14 year old for being an idiot. Those MONSTER drinks are huge and two in 24 hours?! Why do you even need that much caffeine at that age?

I never understood the hype with those caffeinated and energy drinks...nothing does the job like getting a full 8 hours of sleep and a cup of coffee in the morning. Not to mention eating right also plays a role in how much "energy" you have each day... Eat your fruits and veggies!

I never understood the hype with those caffeinated and energy drinks...nothing does the job like getting a full 8 hours of sleep and a cup of coffee in the morning. Not to mention eating right also plays a role in how much "energy" you have each day... Eat your fruits and veggies!

Amen

Archived