DC Metro Buses to use new ways to beat traffic? Is that the best idea ever?

mtattrain

That would be great, but I would recommend bus rapid transit instead of letting the buses go to the normal roads which other vehicles use. The buses are like a train in a fixed track in a bus rapid transit. Some cities have this system of buses, and I think it should go also to New York.

Bus-on-shoulder like this?

I think this could also works for New Jersey Turnpike, and Gowanus Expressway also.

It could also work for LIE and New England Thruway, etc.

MegaBus, BoltBus, Greyhound Bus, Vamoose Bus, etc should use BOB along their highway routes.

Bus-on-shoulder like this?

http://youtu.be/gGUnj7_9KmA

I think this could also works for New Jersey Turnpike, and Gowanus Expressway also.

It could also work for LIE and New England Thruway, etc.

MegaBus, BoltBus, Greyhound Bus, Vamoose Bus, etc should use BOB along their highway routes.

Funny thing about the video I just looked at JO transit's bus map earlier days ago.

That would be great, but I would recommend bus rapid transit instead of letting the buses go to the normal roads which other vehicles use. The buses are like a train in a fixed track in a bus rapid transit. Some cities have this system of buses, and I think it should go also to New York.

Pittsburgh already does this. Look at their extensive busway network. True it can work I was screaming about having this on BQE for the longest yes it may be needed to make some of my out there ideas work to their fullest. Heck an intermodal transit center can be created what about smith-9th being an intermodal transit center for links between (F)(G) and express buses via Gowannus/BQE and all brooklyn prospect lines via busway station linking to smith-9th. This would make getting to SI so much easier.

Amazing idea! People in cars would be pissed though!

This is NYC cars are not important here Transit riders always come first. Welcome to the city of fugeddiboddit!!!! A.K.A forget it this in transit country welcome to the MTA beoch!!!! Just kidding in the last part.

It might work on the Virginia routes. The shoulder lanes along I-66 are brown in color and are wide enough to accommodate buses; VDOT would have to change the signage to show "buses only" so that cars do not use them. It would be very difficult to pull it off on I-270 and I-495, though.

It might work on the Virginia routes. The shoulder lanes along I-66 are brown in color and are wide enough to accommodate buses; VDOT would have to change the signage to show "buses only" so that cars do not use them. It would be very difficult to pull it off on I-270 and I-495, though.

I-66 has HOV lanes. I-270 also has HOV lanes. I-495 is only hard cause no buses currently use it. Except NH1 WMATA bus. The 88 runs like shit so it can only do so much.

Archived