167th Street IND and the Concourse

Here's a preview:

167plate1.jpg

18 more photos where that came from RIGHT HERE!

Also, here's a preview of my next blog post on the closed areas of the station, coming very soon. Nine - that's right...nine - photos of the underpass coming tomorrow...or should I say later this morning!

ENJOY!! :D

(N.B. You can also follow me on Twitter @TheConcourseExp!)

Shameless advertising for one's blog is shameless. Why spam the same links to the same site over and over again when you can just have it done elsewhere for free?

There's no shame in telling an interested audience about relevant content updates! ;) It's not as though I'm linking to something irrelevant, charging for access, or making money on site traffic (I don't); in fact, it's no different than other photographers posting samples and linking to their photo albums for the full gallery.

^^Because it's free country my friend.

Thank you concourse for the pics and link Concourse. Good job on that.

Cool! Calm down Joel.

Thanks guys!

Nice work Concourse.

Thanks again Brighton!

The grand concourse line, it's an engineering marvel for it's time. The IND really worked hard on this subway route. Even as old as it is it is an amazing piece of engineering work.

Indeed it is; I'm amazed at how much ground the IND actually covered in building the line and stations - how much more expansive would they be if they got to build the Concourse Line as a four-track subway like originally planned? The more I explore it and take photos, the more fond of it I become. I long for the day where the entire Concourse is beautified the way 161-166 is and the subway fully renovated - in short, a full-scale revival of "the Park Avenue of The Bronx!"

Archived