Should the Manhattan bridge and Williamsburg bridges be replaced?

Won't they eventually have to replace the Williamsberg Bridge & Manhattan Bridge with a new structure?

I know they replaced the Wills Ave Bridge with a new one.

Either way, I hope whenever the Manhattan Bridge is replaced they will use the opportunity to put the subway in a underwater tube rather than making a new Bridge w/ subway tracks on it.

Either way, I hope whenever the Manhattan Bridge is replaced they will use the opportunity to put the subway in a underwater tube rather than making a new Bridge w/ subway tracks on it.

That is illogical. You are just asking for more money. Replacing an old bridge with a new bridge is one thing, but requesting to also build a tunnel is literally doubling your money..maybe even more.

No... the Brooklyn bridge has lasted over 125 years, and so will these bridges. They have gotten recent repair work. There is no need for replacement anytime soon. Probably not even in our lifetimes if things stay intact.

In my world, the Manhattan Bridge would be replaced. It's been a known and widely accepted fact that the subway tracks should not have been constructed on the outer portion of the span instead of the middle.

Too bad I don't have the trillions of dollars to finance such a feat.

You also have to take into account that should we one day get another major earthquake, those bridges will not hold. It's a miracle they did not fall last year!

Only way that would happen if the center of the earthquake was right below or close to the Metro NYC area.

Y'know what, your becoming a depotofrelax… I also have a strong conviction that you are him.

If this is about suspension bridges, take into account that suspension bridges are supposed to move.

The new WTC complex will not be done in our lifetime!

Wut… It'll be done in about 5-6 years.

Y'know what, your becoming a depotofrelax… I also have a strong conviction that you are him.

If this is about suspension bridges, take into account that suspension bridges are supposed to move.

Wut… It'll be done in about 5-6 years.

It's a damn joke, and if you are comparing me to that retard, then drop it! I am not him. Do I look like I have a grammar problem?

I will say no; if the bridges have lasted this long, they will easily last another 100 years. Keep in mind that these bridges are greatly over-engineered; the bridges that age quickly are mostly those built right after World War 2.

Exactly.

Archived