NJT bus fleet question

theaveragejoe

When are the last of the RTS plan to retire and also when will the new CNG Designline coaches start to arrive? As im planning to come to NJ to fan next year but seeing if I should come sooner then next summer when I would like to come to the Metro NYC area.

NJT screwed up big time by not having any Orions nor have more DD50 powered buses. I would be great if the MTA gave them their LFS's and XD40s!

You're basically saying that NJT screwed up by getting NABIs. They couldn't get DD50 buses because Detroit Diesel doesn't make engines for buses anymore(unless I'm wrong).

NJT doesn't have the $$$$ to buy Orions, plus they can't because Orion doesn't make buses anymore. NJT isn't going to buy anything from MTA, especially the LFS's or the XD40s because those are the MTA's newest 40-foot buses.

For some reason, it doesnt sound right that the NABI delivery is ending at around 6395.

There are still a crap ton of 1999 Nova B's on the road that havent been replaced. They still have a lotta the 1300s, 1400s and 1500s from Hilton, Orange, Egg Harbor, etc along with the 1000s from Coach USA/ONE that are still out on the road.

Thats about 300-350 more buses. Unless they arent retiring all the Nova b's just yet?!"

You're basically saying that NJT screwed up by getting NABIs. They couldn't get DD50 buses because Detroit Diesel doesn't make engines for buses anymore(unless I'm wrong).

NJT doesn't have the $$$$ to buy Orions, plus they can't because Orion doesn't make buses anymore. NJT isn't going to buy anything from MTA, especially the LFS's or the XD40s because those are the MTA's newest 40-foot buses.

No, I meant back in the 90s and early 2000s for both things.

For some reason, it doesnt sound right that the NABI delivery is ending at around 6395.

There are still a crap ton of 1999 Nova B's on the road that havent been replaced. They still have a lotta the 1300s, 1400s and 1500s from Hilton, Orange, Egg Harbor, etc along with the 1000s from Coach USA/ONE that are still out on the road.

Thats about 300-350 more buses. Unless they arent retiring all the Nova b's just yet?!"

It is way too soon to retire all those RTS's unless NJT is now following the 12 year rule.

No, I meant back in the 90s and early 2000s for both things.

It is way too soon to retire all those RTS's unless NJT is now following the 12 year rule.

Maybe NJT may have option for more orders for nabi's they said by 2014 they will be done so they could order for option or those novas are still good because i went to Newark and they are still good those Nova's

"I was always under the impression that this NABI order was going to replace the entire fleet..

But at this point, I'm thinking this order is only replacing the Nova B's that are in the worst shape. Cause they already sent/sending replacements to CUSA Paramus, ONE, and Egg Harbor (all of which had some BEAT DOWN & crappy Nova B's running). And probably one or two other depots that have beat up Nova B's will get replacements too, which at that point there will be no more NABIs for depots like Hilton and Orange who's 1999/2000 Nova Bs are literally in better shape than their 2011/2012 NABIs.."

"I was always under the impression that this NABI order was going to replace the entire fleet..

But at this point, I'm thinking this order is only replacing the Nova B's that are in the worst shape. Cause they already sent/sending replacements to CUSA Paramus, ONE, and Egg Harbor (all of which had some BEAT DOWN & crappy Nova B's running). And probably one or two other depots that have beat up Nova B's will get replacements too, which at that point there will be no more NABIs for depots like Hilton and Orange who's 1999/2000 Nova Bs are literally in better shape than their 2011/2012 NABIs.."

It seems that Roach USA doesnt practice maintenance. Especially the ONE Bus/South Orange Ave IBOA Novas are all in bad shape. Plus the interior reeks of butt, booze, and weed. Idk how those operators bare with those odors.

"I couldnt agree more! The 24 is EASILY the worst/most dangerous route in the entire system IMO, followed by the 31, 25 and 1.

Thats why its surprising to me that CUSA wasnt #1 on the list to get NABIs to replace their beat up, smelly ass Nova B's "

Well they need to change the way they do stuff (thats asking a lot from them lol).

I agree that those routes are very hot, but dont forget (not meaning to be too stereotype) any route that serves the Newark-Irvington region is a kettle pot waiting to explode (also Orange & E.Orange)

"Yea they do. Lol cause IMO Academy Hoboken/Perth Amboy's Nova Bs weren't that bad.

I do wonder what they're going to do with the 5 or so suburban Novas from 2001 that they use on the GO25..?!

Your username made me think about that btw hahaha "

"Yea they do. Lol cause IMO Academy Hoboken/Perth Amboy's Nova Bs weren't that bad.

I do wonder what they're going to do with the 5 or so suburban Novas from 2001 that they use on the GO25..?!

Your username made me think about that btw hahaha "

Hahahahahaha. Thing is those buses are good for years since they only use them for weekday rush hours

Archived