Take the (Blank) train!

4P3607

Sorry for the crappy quality, it just came out of nowhere. They are trying to keep those singles together since they are about to go into SMS (2005-2009 and 2010-2014), and I bet they didn't have time to change the rollsign. Enjoy!

BlankTrain2x.jpg

Thanks everybody!

Nice catch.

Are they linking them? How many single cars are going to remain after the SMS is done?

Only the 1900's, the SMS is almost finished (except for a few 1900's) so get those Broadway cars while you can.

Only the 1900's, the SMS is almost finished (except for a few 1900's) so get those Broadway cars while you can.

LMAO, I wish. I have to wait a year, so I doubt I'll be riding any Broadway cars on Flushing or vice-versa. Hell, I'll be lucky to catch a regular (7) consist.

The 1900s are the ones that will remain as singles?

LMAO, I wish. I have to wait a year, so I doubt I'll be riding any Broadway cars on Flushing or vice-versa. Hell, I'll be lucky to catch a regular (7) consist.

The 1900s are the ones that will remain as singles?

Some of them; those 42nd St. Shuttle (S) cars will stay single (the shuttle can only run 3-car and 4-car sets)

Some of them; those 42nd St. Shuttle (S) cars will stay single (the shuttle can only run 3-car and 4-car sets)

I can see the 5-car linking going all the way down to 1976, since all those cars haven't been SMSed. but there's gonna need to be some singles left, the R188's wont be fully on the (7) until 2015 or so.

But if the cars in this shot were being sent to be SMSed, shouldn't it have been 2006-2010 and 2011-2015? The cars don't use the "traditional" numbering system where the first car of the fleet is an even number and the last car and odd number.

Now that I think, I don't think the cars are in order. its just some 200x's and 201x's. 2007 & 2005 are still mixed in with the 1900's.

Archived