Nova Bus, Proud New Partner of LYNX

DJ MC

Why only two buses? Are these only trial buses and then if they like them, they'll order more? Or is this all that Lynx wants and needs?

Yeah more likely trial buses. They did the same with the Gillig low floor buses. We have five Gillig Advanatges here that we bought in 2005 and were used as trial buses so to speak. We ended up getting the BRTs in 2006, but the test with those five buses from Gillig were apparently successful.

Here's what I'm not liking, we have all these TAs who only turn to NFI and Nova for artics and the rest of their fleet is (usually) Gillig.

I guess that's how they save their $$$...

Gillig does not built artics currently at this time. The buses you will see down here is either Gillig or NABI. NFI. NABI, and now NOVA will be the exceptions with the TAs around here.

Well, now at least their's some variety down there. Now you just need some 40's.

Here's what I'm not liking, we have all these TAs who only turn to NFI and Nova for artics and the rest of their fleet is (usually) Gillig.

I guess that's how they save their $$$...

Honestly, that peeves me as well. Looks so akward.

Gillig does not built artics currently at this time. The buses you will see down here is either Gillig or NABI. NFI. NABI, and now NOVA will be the exceptions with the TAs around here.

Likely Gillig will never build artics. Their operations are very traditional, which is reflected in their product lineup, and is part of the reason why they're so cheap.

Well, now at least their's some variety down there. Now you just need some 40's.

Honestly, that peeves me as well. Looks so akward.

Likely Gillig will never build artics. Their operations are very traditional, which is reflected in their product lineup, and is part of the reason why they're so cheap.

You sure? I heard a rumor about a year ago that Gillig was looking into entering the artic market.

We have several 40 foot Phantoms and BRTs along with a number of 30-35 low floor buses. As for whether we may get actual LFS buses is up in the air, but looking at how we've gone to Gillig ever since 1994 I don't think that is to change any time soon. Just to throw this out there we also have four D60s that are expected to go into service very soon.

Archived