Hurricane Sandy News & General Discussion Thread (Non Transit)

Abba

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As outlined by Bloomberg, ZONE A FLOOD ZONE, MANDATORY EVACUATION (Please Refer to this PDF http://www.nyc.gov/h...ters_102612.pdf as a reference for evacuation).

Hurricane Sandy (Category 1 Storm as recognized by the NOAA, NWS as well as FEMA). Keep in mind this storm is a Hybrid Storm with a Cold Front combining with a Subtropical Cyclone as well as a strong jet stream and still warm waters off the coast of the Eastern Seaboard. This storm also is one of the largest noted Cyclones in history so it's not just Atlantic City, NJ - Dover. DE - Philadelphia, PA Triangle feeling the eye wall's effects, this Hybrid storm expands the energy up to Cape Cod, MA and as south as Newport, VA. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND anyone living in ZONE A FLOOD ZONE, in fact as a precaution, ZONE B FLOOD ZONE should also prepare for the worst or a possible evacuation. This storm has potentials of up to 20 Feet Waves, because a Buoy off the coast of Cape Hatteras, NC reported 30 Feet Storm Waves. Current Millbrae Pressure is around the 950's so it's a very low pressure. Be prepared for power outages, extreme flooding and hurricane force winds, also to seek shelter!

For NOAA/NWS Reports and more keep tuned to my blog: http://njturnpikeweather.wordpress.com/

Here in the city, it seems like the tourists don't have a clue as to what is going on and if they do, they're going to wait until the last minute to do anything. Smh

Now who the "F": would go visit at a time like this? It's freaking October!

You know it getting serious. The Governor of Delaware has ordered a "curfew" including a ban of all non essential motorists in the entire state for duration of storm. If caught driving you could be arrestred no joke.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/10/28/delaware-governor-orders-level-two-driving-restrictions-essential-personnel-only-allowed-on-roadways/

Wish they would do something like that here.

Gotta agree with you, Joe. Problem is everyone in the metro NY harbors this illusion of self importance and they "must" be on the streets and highways. If it were up to me only emergency service workers, doctors, nurses, and the repair crews would be allowed on the roads, period.

Gotta agree with you, Joe. Problem is everyone in the metro NY harbors this illusion of self importance and they "must" be on the streets and highways. If it were up to me only emergency service workers, doctors, nurses, and the repair crews would be allowed on the roads, period.

That's not really the big issue though: it's people who just don't know how to properly drive in these conditions and just don't have a vehicle that can traverse some significant water. I know I can do about a foot-foot and a half before things get dicey for my car, but others aren't so lucky.

Archived