Hurricane Sandy News & General Discussion Thread (Non Transit)

Abba

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storm's pressure has dropped even further now. It's now down to 946mb and winds have increased to 85mph. It's moving NNW at around 20 mph.

That freaking scary. :o This sadly will be *much worse* than Irene. And Irene did damage.

FYI. At least for rest of this morning(10/29/12), all of the major NYC local network stations i.e Ch,2/55(CBS) 4(NBC) 5(Fox) 7(ABC) and 11(WPIX) have postponed regular programming.

That freaking scary. :o This sadly will be *much worse* than Irene. And Irene did damage.

FYI. At least for rest of this morning(10/29/12), all of the major NYC local network stations i.e Ch,2/55(CBS) 4(NBC) 5(Fox) 7(ABC) and 11(WPIX) have postponed regular programming.

Following this link: http://live.nydailyn...rricane_Sandy_2 with up to the minute updates with pics.

Brooklyn is getting NAILED. Gravesend, Brighton Beach and Coney Island. Yeah you was'nt kidding! Seriously this hurricane is a beast, compared to Irene last year.

Mother of god... (Red Hook)

dd13334c-a933-4e49-99d9-c7b1e981b140_500.jpg

All I have to say is Brooklyn is getting OWNED, and Freeport too.

On a side note: The wind from earlier has died down, looks pretty nice out. (There's still some wind, but not as much as before)

Worst is still yet to come for the East Coast according to latest reports from the Weather Channel ( Link: http://www.weather.c...pdates-20121027 ). Water is rising in along the Hudson River and figuring from what I'm reading and seeing from the pics, Manhattan is about to get hammered any minute with serious flooding.

(From the link, hit that "click for live update bar" on the page to make the page live and you'll see what I mean.)

^ Yeah, I was reading about blizzard conditions in other states. Crazy right?

The weather channel was even forcasting snow for upstate NY but at this point on that particular, unconfirmed.

No snow expected here in hudson valley/Ducthess County. Maybe the usual location of Buffalo/Rochester possibly.

Archived