Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Harry

MTA is putting subway countdown app on smartphones and home computers

[float=left]post-5097-0-23718800-1351174924_thumb.jpg[/float]The (MTA)'s popular subway countdown clocks are coming to your smartphone and home computer.

By the end of the year, numbered-line riders will be able to get next-train arrival times by downloading a Metropolitan Transportation Authority app or going to the authority’s website, officials said.

“The (MTA) is very close to being able to provide real-time train arrival data without having to go into the station,” MTA spokesman Adam Lisberg said.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-23718800-1351174924_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

Did the LIRR ever get their countdown clocks live? Those have been in beta FOREVER......this is the first I'm hearing about NYCT clocks going online, but I think we can all agree this is a great idea which will help everyone.

Guest Lance

It's about time this very useful info was made readily available. I am wondering why the L isn't included here. I understand why the rest of the B Division (and the 7) arrival times aren't available, but with the L using CBTC, there shouldn't be a problem with collecting the needed data.

• Upvote 2

It's just botched reporting. I'm sure the L will be included. Some stations on the 7 (north of Queensboro) already have countdown clocks too.

• Upvote 1