What is your favorite selecion on a bus?

XcelsiorBoii4888

- Maybe this is just me, but to me (the attitudes of the) SI express drivers aren't that much different than those that drive the local buses out there... I've come in contact with very few SI express b/o's that I would deem cool... It's like w/ most of then, if you're not a quote unquote regular, it's like, the hell with you... Hell, the guy I had on the x10 today gave me a scowl when I boarded his bus (for what, I do not know... I aint never seen the guy before) - all this after the MF-er came 16 mins late this morning (the 8:30am run out of 57th/lex)... had 6 of us waitin out there....

- Yonkers b/o's I would say are hit or miss; you either get the worst of the worst, or the absolute coolest of the cool.... I've had some downright rude a**holes (mainly on the 1 & 2), but I won't talk about them.... Anyway, on 3 separate occasions, I've had a YON b/o take me to getty sq - that wasn't doing the 3 (twice on the 2 & once on the 18)... one of the 3 times, I was standing in the rain for the BL-8... the Bxm2 I got off that day motioned me onto his bus & asked where I was going... I said getty sq, and he gave me a ride out there.... the guy I had on the 18 straight up said (well, I'm paraphrasing here) you don't look like you're from around here... you headin out to yonkers bro? (he said "bro")... He was hispanic (not sure if he was puerto rican though)...

- Ulmer park's express b/o's to me are the coolest... some of the most talkative bunch of people out; you feel like you're in a taxi riding with those guys.... those guys tend to have stories for days, and they'll make you laugh too.... I'm not one to spark up convo w/ a b/o, but when I'm the only one left on the bus (like, back in the day with the 29 to stillwell, or when I take the 28/38 when I wanna go to nathans), I will walk up to the front of the bus....

- Spring creek's b/o's are aight, for the most part... The guy on the BM2 I catch around 8pm or so always greets me when I board... There's a guy that does the 2nd to last BM4 out of manhattan that always say "you don't have anything for me tonight" (it's in reference to the first time I rode his bus, and I had burger king on me that day).... I'd say in general, SC's b/o's more talkative to female pax, but they show more tact with how they talk when they do talk to pax (if that makes any sense)..... In contrast, Ulmer Park b/o's will talk to you like you're hangin out w/ them at a bar, or in the streets or something - Unrefined.....

- CP's exp. bus b/o's for the most part are straight hustlers... them sons of guns will take you from point A to point B as fast as they can; I find that they make that extra effort (you can tell by how they drive)..... I'll never forget this one guy I had on the QM2.... I think we only hit one or two red lights the whole time while on northern; the stint from the N/Q tracks to the GCP (no joke).... I don't even have to mention the guys that have to run along the headache that is queens blvd; those drivers still make the most of it though (as opposed to QV's express b/o's that also have to utilize queens blvd.... of course they do their job, but they don't give that extra effort like college point's guys do... they (QV's guys) just... operate... lol..)

I know, more than you asked for, but what the hell, I'm on a roll !

lol... I'd say your assessment is spot on. Those Yonkers drivers, some of them can be complete a-holes... It's almost like they absolutely hate the passengers and some of them seem to like to size up passengers as if it is their place to determine who should and shouldn't ride... Out of the three routes, I'd say the BxM1 is the most snobbiest passenger wise since there's a bunch of Upper East Side transplants if you will that ride. I've been a regular on a few BxM1 buses in the morning, so on one of them this chick would always ask if she was snoring or bothering her in any way to just kick her chair. LOL On the BxM18 I've had the most decent drivers oddly enough out of all of them both to and from Riverdale, except for the a-hole that drove by our stop two times in a row after I had him a few times going to the city on the BxM1, but he was just filling in I guess. I eventually realized he was the guy when I started getting him going back to Riverdale on the BxM2. What's funny is the whole "assigned" seat thing I haven't saw that much of though aside from that BxM18 incident. There's this one douchebag on the BxM2 that mumbles under his breath when I've sat in front of him since I like the last pair of seats on the right hand side, but he seems like a whack job anyway so I just sit there like he doesn't exist and recline right back on him. He says something like "whatever man" as if to say if you want to sit there you can as if I need permission to. LOL I can tell that on that bus there are some regulars because both times I got on the same two guys were sitting in the exact same seats in the same position, with the one behind me sprawled out reading or whatever he usually does.

The CP drivers I've had drive like you said and they're just concerned about getting from point A to point B, but always have greeted me on the QM5 and QM6 when I've spoken to them.

You're also right about SI drivers. I know a lot of them by face having rode the express buses for so long so yeah if you're a regular they may greet you if you aren't they may not, but I would say there are more a-holes than not, especially on lines like the X10. Yukon drivers aren't bad and the guys out of Meredith are some of the cooler transfers from Castleton for the most part.

The Ulmer Park drivers... LOL It's so true. I was on an X28 once going back to the city and the B/O (Puerto Rican guy) was just chatting it up with me since I was the only one on the bus. That was the fastest I've ever gotten to 57th & Madison on any express bus. They're all very polite and talkative but not in a rude way so I'd say out all of the depots the Ulmer Park guys in terms of express bus drivers are the coolest.

Spring Creek drivers I've been getting of late have been okay. Some have the look of death on their faces, but the ones of late have been okay.

It's really amazing though when think about the whole "express bus culture" though. Even the seats that folks sit in says a lot about them.

It's really amazing though when think about the whole "express bus culture" though. Even the seats that folks sit in says a lot about them.

At least we don't deal with that on the express buses out here. I wouldn't stand for such B.S.

At least we don't deal with that on the express buses out here. I wouldn't stand for such B.S.

LOL... I still remember my first ride on the express bus... The 06:45 X16 to Downtown... The guy I got I've since had over the years and I spoke to him when I got off and he snubbed me. I was so pissed off. I said this SOB spoke to everybody else except for me and it was obvious it was done on purpose because I was a newbie at the time. After that incident he's always spoken to me on whatever express bus I've taken with him and that was over 6 years ago. The funny thing is I was 24 then and even now I'm still usually one of the youngest folks on the express bus.

LOL... I still remember my first ride on the express bus... The 06:45 X16 to Downtown... The guy I got I've since had over the years and I spoke to him when I got off and he snubbed me. I was so pissed off. I said this SOB spoke to everybody else except for me and it was obvious it was done on purpose because I was a newbie at the time. After that incident he's always spoken to me on whatever express bus I've taken with him and that was over 6 years ago. The funny thing is I was 24 then and even now I'm still usually one of the youngest folks on the express bus.

That's nothing. When I was around 11 on summer vacation, I was waiting for one of our express buses at a major intersection to go to L.A. County Line, and he passes me up. I know the driver was profiling me because the only other passengers at the stop were retail or domestic workers and seniors, and they were away from the actual stop. So I run down to the next block where he turns around and I wave at him to stop. He just waves me on. Well that was enough to set me off.

I told him that what was going through his mind at the time, was I standing at the stop for fun? He tells me that my stop was the 2nd least used on the route. Essentially half of the ride (it was 45 mins) was us arguing back and forth, and me telling him that he had no passengers and had he wanted a quick/long layover he should have just stayed on the freeway, and that it wouldn't even take 30 secs to stop.

I feel this incident was mainly based on age and ethnicity, rather than class as the express fare was the same as the local fare, and there wasn't enough suburban buses so the one I boarded was a local bus.

That's nothing. When I was around 11 on summer vacation, I was waiting for one of our express buses at a major intersection to go to L.A. County Line, and he passes me up. I know the driver was profiling me because the only other passengers at the stop were retail or domestic workers and seniors, and they were away from the actual stop. So I run down to the next block where he turns around and I wave at him to stop. He just waves me on. Well that was enough to set me off.

I told him that what was going through his mind at the time, was I standing at the stop for fun? He tells me that my stop was the 2nd least used on the route. Essentially half of the ride (it was 45 mins) was us arguing back and forth, and me telling him that he had no passengers and had he wanted a quick/long layover he should have just stayed on the freeway, and that it wouldn't even take 30 secs to stop.

I feel this incident was mainly based on age and ethnicity, rather than class as the express fare was the same as the local fare, and there wasn't enough suburban buses so the one I boarded was a local bus.

lol... I'm sure it was... I mean on the express buses, usually the Staten Island buses will have young folks on boarding at times on certain lines (like the X1, X10 for example) because Staten Island has no subways #1 and #2 some parents feel that the express bus is safer so they put the kids on that rather than the local bus to the ferry, but overall most express buses serve an older group of folks. Like I said I'm usually the youngest person on the bus. What I find funny is that on the Riverdale express buses, there were some folks that were quite prideful that they had been riding said express bus for over 10 years. I can understand to a degree I suppose because in a way it's kind of like a club of sorts. You ride with the same folks for years and so you get to know who is who, their habits (both good and bad) and so on. We had this one Asian lady (Indian) I believe who would liked to sit in front of me on the X30 when the seat was open, get on her cell phone and start talking as loud as possible. Usually I didn't mind it too much because it wasn't for long, but once she got on (LOL laughing as I write this) and she sits down and gets on the cell phone near me and starts up and before you know it, the whole bus had turned around and was literally walking over to her and yelling at her to get her attention to get off of the phone because she was on another level. A few times I even saw chicks in front or behind her (she would yack the most and the loudest when she wasn't seated in front of me for some reason) literally give her a nasty look like woman if you don't get off of that damn phone... :lol::lol:

As much as I like those last two paired seats on the right hand side, there are certain buses that I avoid taking them on like the X10... Seems like all of the morons come to the back to yack it up and make a bunch of noise. <_<

Well the point is that I don't stand for any B.S. like that, specifically the OP's that tend to profile.

I follow you... It still happens though... I've seen folks bypassed because the B/O thought they weren't a regular express bus rider. I've only been bypassed a hand full of times in the 6+ years I've been riding. Twice in the city both times while waiting for the X12. The B/O just assumed none of us wanted the bus and passed the stop. <_< The other two times it was the same idiot driver on the BxM18 that I mentioned earlier that apparently didn't know where the stop was since he passed me the first night and then me and another guy the following night. In the case of the BxM18 the issue was that the B/Os had the wrong info for the stop, so after me making a big stink about it with the (MTA) they finally fixed it and since then I had very few problems. If I even sense that a B/O is trying some funny sh*t with the pulling the bus up short or pulling the bus up past you on purpose, I will call them out on it. I just won't tolerate that crap. They think they're slick but I know all of the tricks, esp. since I used to ride with my uncle from time to time so I know how things work. They think that young folks are stupid and won't say anything (as in report them or in my case go further than reporting them and file a discrimination complaint). I've had some heated exchanges with some smart @ss B/Os. Weren't expecting me to explode and boy when I explode it isn't nice either. lol

I follow you... It still happens though... I've seen folks bypassed because the B/O thought they weren't a regular express bus rider. I've only been bypassed a hand full of times in the 6+ years I've been riding. Twice in the city both times while waiting for the X12. The B/O just assumed none of us wanted the bus and passed the stop. <_< The other two times it was the same idiot driver on the BxM18 that I mentioned earlier that apparently didn't know where the stop was since he passed me the first night and then me and another guy the following night. In the case of the BxM18 the issue was that the B/Os had the wrong info for the stop, so after me making a big stink about it with the (MTA) they finally fixed it and since then I had very few problems. If I even sense that a B/O is trying some funny sh*t with the pulling the bus up short or pulling the bus up past you on purpose, I will call them out on it. I just won't tolerate that crap. They think they're slick but I know all of the tricks, esp. since I used to ride with my uncle from time to time so I know how things work. They think that young folks are stupid and won't say anything (as in report them or in my case go further than reporting them and file a discrimination complaint). I've had some heated exchanges with some smart @ss B/Os. Weren't expecting me to explode and boy when I explode it isn't nice either. lol

I may be getting off topic, but what is more enfuriating is when these passengers just brush it off. If they weren't so passive, the B/O's wouldn't be.

I may be getting off topic, but what is more enfuriating is when these passengers just brush it off. If they weren't so passive, the B/O's wouldn't be.

I think we're very much on topic... The other thing that some B/Os will do is give you the look if you sit in a certain seat on the express bus, particularly the first one. I think they think it's reserved either for their personal belongings or women only. :lol:

I think we're very much on topic... The other thing that some B/Os will do is give you the look if you sit in a certain seat on the express bus, particularly the first one. I think they think it's reserved either for their personal belongings or women only. :lol:

Obviously the latter. B-)

From my exprience though, it's those operators that are pricks, so I distance myself away from them. I wonder if that is what they really want? <_<

If crowded, it depends on where space is available on a 40-footer.

If empty, I stay at the front on a 40-footer, and I go to the back on a artic.

Which reminds me, due to the rarity of high floor buses in California, when I do board one, I usually try to make it a point now to sit near the front, as that would not be possible on a low floor.

The stop by the KFC is fine; only people that tend to hang out over there (on the utica av side) are schoolkids @ times..... I'm talking about the stop on the other side (in front the corner store, on the same side of the street as that mcdonalds).... During the day, you'll be fine - it's at night when the usual suspects that loiter over there (when they are out there) act up.....Nothing you have to be in fear for your life of, though.....

Oic, good to know, thanks.

RTS : One of the single seats on the driver's side.. The first one has the most legroom! I used to sit in the back row by the window drivers side, but I can't fit there anymore lmao

O5 CNG/O5: Back row, next to window, drivers side..

NG : Front, drivers side, next to window, row doesn't matter

LFSAs/LFS: Back row, next to window, drivers side.. OR conversation seats, facing forward though. Facing backward is weird for me..

XD40s/C40s.. Anywhere in the back, drivers side, facing forward, and I'm good :D

RTS : One of the single seats on the driver's side.. The first one has the most legroom! I used to sit in the back row by the window drivers side, but I can't fit there anymore lmao

O5 CNG/O5: Back row, next to window, drivers side..

NG : Front, drivers side, next to window, row doesn't matter

LFSAs/LFS: Back row, next to window, drivers side.. OR conversation seats, facing forward though. Facing backward is weird for me..

XD40s/C40s.. Anywhere in the back, drivers side, facing forward, and I'm good :D

just like me! lol...love the back row...or anywhere in the back

Archived