Should MTA re-take over LIBus?

No, weekend n27 riders never give up, even the Spanish people.

When they sit n23 or n27 sitting, they're force to ran for connecting buses.

There are lots of pregnant women, and elderly person who takes n27 on weekend.

I suggested to Veolia n20 Roslyn short trip should be extended to Greenvale PATHmark, so n27 riders wouldn't miss their connection in case if Hicksville bus was missing, they wouldn't have to worry about that.

Mineola Av is useless transfer point, except for n23.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being a regular rider of the n20/n21. NICE is doing as bad job as MTA. If NICE is able to do an equally bad job for far less money, i would say great then. The difference is MTA drivers were more nastier than NICE drivers.

I hope MTA declares bankrupcy and have NICE take over NYC transit & LIRR for a less money. MTA as a whole is a broken agency bottom to top.

It's not just Mangano. County governments in New York state are getting squeezed - be it Republican or Democrat, there is not much chance that the next county executive will have the tens of millions of dollars extra lying around to pay the MTA.

The one scenario I could see the MTA returning would be if Veolia is losing too much money running NICE and jacks up their annual fees closer to what the county was paying the MTA.

LMFAO. Veolia has to lose about every rider on NICE for that to happen. They make big-ass profits here in Europe so even if they'd lose some money on NICE they'd still have a big profit at the end of the year in general to make up for that loss.

Riders on n31/n32 and n72 buses are suffering pain as well.

When I handed out LIBRU Report An Incident Form, two riders on n23 during the Sunday and Monday, on N31 fill up the report.

N23 Male Rider
I get up catch the 8:00am bus from Manhasset, then I catch n23 at Clock Tower, n23 Mineola/Hempstead in morning.

In the afternoon, n23 Hempstead from Mineola, then I catch the n20/n21 from Landmark Diner Roslyn Rd to go home in Great Neck.

I need my routes and live in Great Neck. I don't drive and depends on public transit.

Another N23 lady fill in script, so I cannot copy it.

This is next one, male person on n31 rider, while he, me and some of us were SRO on Extreme Overcrowded Bus Rider who has complaint against 7:00am n49 at Hicksville and n4 Rockville Cetre to Jamaica.

IDirecting to Veolia I think:

Your driver are kind of nasty. Most of them and those 2 routes are late all times.

See some unhappy NICE Riders trully want MTA to give them 2nd chance.

Veolia Is Lying that customers are satisfied, but not true for riders of n2/n8, n4, n6 local, n15, n16,n20/n21, n23/n27, n25, n31/n32, n33, n35, n48/n49, n70/n71/n72, n73/n74, n78/n79, and n80/n81 buses

See some unhappy NICE Riders trully want MTA to give them 2nd chance.

Veolia Is Lying that customers are satisfied, but not true for riders of n2/n8, n4, n6 local, n15, n16,n20/n21, n23/n27, n25, n31/n32, n33, n35, n48/n49, n70/n71/n72, n73/n74, n78/n79, and n80/n81 buses

Of course their lying. MTA was also lying that LIB customers were satisfied even though they screwed up in some areas. My point? Everyone is lying, no company is gonna come out and say 'we screwed some things up'; they all want to present themselves good.

Plus it's only their first year. Give them some time to make things right. You know, when they started to operate here in The Netherlands in The Hague (they were already in other parts of the country without any trouble) they ordered new buses and made changes to schedules and that turned out to be a complete disaster. But they fixed that and now almost 2 years later everyone is loving them and they made about 20% more customers so far (there were already a lot before they took over).

So give them some time, they *will* make things right eventually.

LMFAO. Veolia has to lose about every rider on NICE for that to happen. They make big-ass profits here in Europe so even if they'd lose some money on NICE they'd still have a big profit at the end of the year in general to make up for that loss.

Business doesn't necessarily work that way. Daimler could have continued to prop up Orion with revenues from its other businesses, but disappointing overall corporate profits no doubt played a part in the company's decision to shut down the brand. If Veolia faces its own financial issues, the NICE contract could become difficult to carry.

Yeah but Veolia is booming business here. On some lines they boosted 40% (on railway lines and bus lines) more ridership. I can't imagine them going into financial trouble anytime soon.

To be honest, I don't believe any information they give unless they have proof. I have a feeling they cover up alot of things and it has something to do with the deal they have with Mangano (Mango), who probably has things to hide as well. Why should I believe ridership went up somewhere 40% (which seems a bit hard to do when you just made cuts) just like NICE said they made somewhere around a couple hundred thousand dollars auctioning off buses on the internet. You can clearly see the buses sold for about 2 grand each given the auctions we posted here. Of course there's no way to check that now since the auctions are over and hidden on the site, but it was posted on these forums and I believe people here can back me up.

Just an addition to what I said, NICE has yet to show any statistics or information. The (MTA) (because its public) keeps everyone informed and posts ridership data. Veolia is a private company, but if they really want to sell their service, they'll do things the right way and prove their points.

No, weekend n27 riders never give up, even the Spanish people.

When they sit n23 or n27 sitting, they're force to ran for connecting buses.

There are lots of pregnant women, and elderly person who takes n27 on weekend.

I suggested to Veolia n20 Roslyn short trip should be extended to Greenvale PATHmark, so n27 riders wouldn't miss their connection in case if Hicksville bus was missing, they wouldn't have to worry about that.

Mineola Av is useless transfer point, except for n23.

I was talking about N27 riders going to roosevelt field. I would use N25 to N24 instead of N20 to 27 I won't put up with that crap. You see how useless those short turns really are do you!!!! Ok then my plan would have eliminated that problem. I would have switched to LIRR long time ago after that much crap.

I am talking about n21/n27.

n27 riders in Glen Clove want their weekend service to extended to Roosevelt Field because there are lots of buses goes to Hempstead.

Lots of n27 riders want n27 to come back portion to Roosevelt Field Mall. Roslyn Station transfer point is USELESS.

Elimating n21 bus was bad thing because often n20 is late all times, some n21 riders miss n27 connection.

I am talking about n21/n27.

n27 riders in Glen Clove want their weekend service to extended to Roosevelt Field because there are lots of buses goes to Hempstead.

Lots of n27 riders want n27 to come back portion to Roosevelt Field Mall. Roslyn Station transfer point is USELESS.

Elimating n21 bus was bad thing because often n20 is late all times, some n21 riders miss n27 connection.

Too bad those n21 buses ran empty most of the time past Roslyn.

To be honest, I don't believe any information they give unless they have proof. I have a feeling they cover up alot of things and it has something to do with the deal they have with Mangano (Mango), who probably has things to hide as well. Why should I believe ridership went up somewhere 40% (which seems a bit hard to do when you just made cuts) just like NICE said they made somewhere around a couple hundred thousand dollars auctioning off buses on the internet. You can clearly see the buses sold for about 2 grand each given the auctions we posted here. Of course there's no way to check that now since the auctions are over and hidden on the site, but it was posted on these forums and I believe people here can back me up.

Just an addition to what I said, NICE has yet to show any statistics or information. The (MTA) (because its public) keeps everyone informed and posts ridership data. Veolia is a private company, but if they really want to sell their service, they'll do things the right way and prove their points.

I said 40% on some lines HERE. Maybe it's a good idea to check someone's location beneath their user name before you respond.

But if that still isn't enough for you: I have seen with my own eyes that their are for sure more passengers. So if they can do it here then I'm 100% convinced they will eventually boost ridership on LI too.

I said 40% on some lines HERE. Maybe it's a good idea to check someone's location beneath their user name before you respond.

But if that still isn't enough for you: I have seen with my own eyes that their are for sure more passengers. So if they can do it here then I'm 100% convinced they will eventually boost ridership on LI too.

"eventually" doesn't mean they've done it already with NICE like they say.

No, but that doesn't mean I can't have my TAKE on it... Geez.

I didn't say you can't, I just said I don't agree. You're free to state your opinion here anytime as long its not against a user or uses cursing.

Truth be told MTA should have never let go of LIBus but at the same time you gotta pay your way.... Nassau acting too cheap to meet the TW halfway at least

Vieola isn't gonna do a much better job over time and Nassau will soon see... If you think that company will sink a dime into the operations cost... Lol smh man when those 07's start dropping like files and Vieola can't recover quick enough then and only then will Nassau see the huge mistake they made with being cheap with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Truth be told MTA should have never let go of LIBus but at the same time you gotta pay your way.... Nassau acting too cheap to meet the TW halfway at least

Vieola isn't gonna do a much better job over time and Nassau will soon see... If you think that company will sink a dime into the operations cost... Lol smh man when those 07's start dropping like files and Vieola can't recover quick enough then and only then will Nassau see the huge mistake they made with being cheap with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority

But Veolia does take the USA seriously. Even as much to name it as a main market for them:

"Veolia Transdev declared its intention to concentrate on four main markets (France, the Netherlands,Germany, USA)"

If Nassau County stops being cheap and paying its executives and representatives huge salaries, and agrees to pay the REASONABLE amount of money that the (MTA) asked for in the first place, then Long Island Bus should come back. It's just easier that way, but like VWM said, there has already been money spent on wrapping the buses and repainting buses, so if the (MTA) came back too soon, it would be a waste of money for the County.

The amount of money was not reasonable MTA was running LIB on a bloated budget! You talk about Nassau County paying "huge" salaries to executives but you support the MTA taking bus service in Nassau County back over. Kind of ironic considering all the bloated salaries in the MTA especially executives.

IMHO a system of reliance to keep "the club" getting huge salaries and bloated pensions. I say a system of reliance because NY'ers need public transportation and the MTA is an ATM handing out big pay checks and pensions in exchange for running the transit system. NY'ers rely on the system to get a round and the MTA continues to be able to have "the club" live comfortably because of that reliance (and no I'm not talking about every MTA worker such as bus drivers etc). It costs people hundreds of dollars to buy a discounted monthly ticket on the LIRR because of their bloated salaries, does the person punching the tickets need to make tat much money? No, but they got into "the club" and should be rewarded with a comfortable life to punch tickets. While someone who is unemployed in this economy must pay $20 just to get into the city for one job interview.

Do you ever notice how when money is an issue they want to cut the service they are supposed to be providing to the people? When have you ever seen a notice that the MTA would be getting rid of highly paid dead weight in the office due to funding issues?

Look at how much the guy running the MTA (I forget his name off the top of my head, sorry) makes! ...and for what? During the blizzard two years ago he wasn't even in the area! He was at his vacation home in France if I remember correctly!

Veolia has shown that MTA ran LIB on a bloated budget, you don't just pay because you are told an amount. If the amount of money doesn't add up for the services offered, go to a different provider, that's just what Nassau County did!

I thought Veolia taking over would have opened up all NY'ers eyes living in the city and commuting to the city for work that the MTA is milking all NY'ers, the city, state, and federal government so "the club" can receive a comfortable salary while the MTA provides mediocre service.

I wish Cuomo would look into the MTA and put some of that fire he has against LIPA into the MTA! Shape up or ship out!

Maybe it's time the State look into either taking over MTA operations or look into breaking up the MTA and look at the possibility of contracting out service seperatly for the LIRR, MetroNorth, (at least) two different bus companies (maybe more), and the subway (one company, more?)...!

Some old bus operators found out that Veolia is training new drivers in small parking lot. FACT.

They train all over Nassau County including a parking lot that they use as some sort of skills course. Remember when it comes to Veolia training it's not like city bus training where they teach someone to get their CDL everyone training with Veolia has a CDL and in most cases has bus driving experience, just not transit bus experience.

I sometimes meet with white male dispatcher who always cries for MTA to come back.

You and I would both be crying for the ATM too with a pension and as uch overtime as our hearts desired, but that's not realistic in this day and age!

Sorry for two posts in a row I thought this post would have merged with my last post as it has in the past... Mods, if it will please you feel free to merge these two posts.... :)

One of the reasons why I liked the (MTA) was because of their safety record and the way they trained their drivers. I understand it was a different situation with that than it is under NICE now and that they train their drivers differently, but I always felt safe with the (MTA). NICE is still pretty new and we can't judge them thoroughly yet. Whenever I do ride NICE, the drivers seem to cut some things close. For example, they are sometimes close to the curb and any little drift to the right could put us up on the sidewalk. Or in another case, where a driver was new and didn't know the route, he passed bus stops and didn't stop until a block later, forcing us to wait for people to walk (The bus was the n55 if I remember correctly, we were more than an hour late arriving into Hempstead). Another example was when I took the N79 and turning into Walt Whitman mall, we were only about a couple of inches away from a car in the other lane waiting to turn. (MTA) drivers, probably because they're trained in the city, seem to be a bit more cautious.

Yeah, it's true. But that also has some other explanation. While Veolia does train bus drivers and they do that very professional to make them skilled, they also run tighter when it comes to schedules thus the drivers need to make sure their on time as much as possible to not get confrontations with their team leader and thus they have to take risks sometimes. So that has nothing to do with city or road trips, it is the quality that Veolia wants to have everything as perfect as possible and thus make those tight rules which drivers have to follow in order to keep their job thus that involves taking risks sometimes.

they also run tighter when it comes to schedules thus the drivers need to make sure their on time as much as possible to not get confrontations with their team leader and thus they have to take risks sometimes. So that has nothing to do with city or road trips,

Where did you get this information? Confrontations with team leaders? I don't think there are any positions called Team Leaders in terms of driver, this seems like of a position you would hear about at Walmart or a grocery store. This makes me wonder where you got the rest of your information...? Because as far as new drivers pushing it to stay on time I've seen the exact opposite on the n4 where new people are very slow and doing everything by the book (including saying "stand clear of the closing doors' when closing the doors), & getting passed by other buses that leave 10-15 minutes after them.

What incentive would new drivers have to rush to please "team leaders"? Getting into an accident and getting canned for being reckless? What incentive would Veolia have for pushing new drivers causing them to rush thus causing them to be reckless? Veolia is not saving anything for doing this because they would be paying out claims, lawsuits judgments, settlements, and higher insurance premiums.

Where did you get this information? Confrontations with team leaders? I don't think there are any positions called Team Leaders in terms of driver, this seems like of a position you would hear about at Walmart or a grocery store. This makes me wonder where you got the rest of your information...? Because as far as new drivers pushing it to stay on time I've seen the exact opposite on the n4 where new people are very slow and doing everything by the book (including saying "stand clear of the closing doors' when closing the doors), & getting passed by other buses that leave 10-15 minutes after them.

What incentive would new drivers have to rush to please "team leaders"? Getting into an accident and getting canned for being reckless? What incentive would Veolia have for pushing new drivers causing them to rush thus causing them to be reckless? Veolia is not saving anything for doing this because they would be paying out claims, lawsuits judgments, settlements, and higher insurance premiums.

This is why I use the LIRR!!!! :lol::lol: However This never happens when I take the N4. I guess it's a new thing or I am lucky.

Archived