Should MTA re-take over LIBus?

Where did you get this information? Confrontations with team leaders? I don't think there are any positions called Team Leaders in terms of driver, this seems like of a position you would hear about at Walmart or a grocery store. This makes me wonder where you got the rest of your information...?

I got this information from Veolia itself. Since I almost work for Veolia as a bus driver I do know their rules and intentions so don't try to outsmart me.

And maybe I got the word "Team Leader" wrong. I'm not sure what that is called at NICE but at Veolia Europe (and other European transit companies) it is called a "Team Leader".

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got this information from Veolia itself. Since I almost work for Veolia as a bus driver I do know their rules and intentions so don't try to outsmart me.

And maybe I got the word "Team Leader" wrong. I'm not sure what that is called at NICE but at Veolia Europe (and other European transit companies) it is called a "Team Leader".

I didn't know you worked for Veolia. :o

Well, Veolia did all kinds of deals with Mangano behind closed doors. We don't know if this is just some kind of longterm sinster agenda, but for now, NICE seems to be trying their best. Although, Pinepower might say otherwise.

Well they fixed his precious n22 by overkilling it with an express and a limited so he shouldn't say anything. Although I do have to agree that they did screw up the 23 and the 27 routes nevertheless, NICE is doing pretty fine

Well, Veolia did all kinds of deals with Mangano behind closed doors. We don't know if this is just some kind of longterm sinster agenda, but for now, NICE seems to be trying their best. Although, Pinepower might say otherwise.

If it was behind closed doors, how did you find out about it ??

I don't have to try, I will outsmart you every time. lol

...and you "almost" work for Veolia as a bus driver? Seriously?! Did you just post that? So you're a trainee? Good luck to you, seriously.

...Oh btw, you have no idea who I might know at Veolia. ;):)

So you almost work for Veolia in the US, but don't know what they call their supervisors? (...and confuse them with the European structure?) The term is Quality Service Manager by the way....

Wow, and you say you have read everything? I said I almost work as a bus driver for Veolia EUROPE. I wish I could work for NICE but that requires lots of money to move to the USA.

But alright, guess you have a different term for those managers then we do.

And yes, I'm a trainee so I do know how they train their drivers to be and that is the same along every country and subsidiary of Veolia.

Wow, and you say you have read everything? I said I almost work as a bus driver for Veolia EUROPE. I wish I could work for NICE but that requires lots of money to move to the USA.

Actually you said:

But I assumed you worked over seas after I saw your location said the Neverlands.

But alright, guess you have a different term for those managers then we do.

Yes..

And yes, I'm a trainee so I do know how they train their drivers to be and that is the same along every country and subsidiary of Veolia.

Just because you train with Veolia in another country overseas doesn't mean you can assume how it is in Nassau County. Have you met the trainers here? People who head up the training Dept. in Nassau County or anywhere in the US.

Just like you assumed and didn't know what they call a supervisor in the US is the same way you're assuming training is in Nassau County and again are wrong. Just because you are training in one part of the world doesn't mean that is how it is everywhere in the world.

For one thing trainers are very saftey conscious people here, they choose people like that for a reason. Trainers WOULD NEVER train trainees to rush and be reckless here in Nassau County. For one, like trainers in any company they teach everything by the book and the only thing they push is safety, saftey, saftey. Another reason they would never train people to rush to appease QSM's because saftey/training and QSM's (operations) are on a different line of their organizational structure. These two departments don't report or answer to each other they are two totally different department with different goals.

I'm not saying a supervisor may not push a new driver, it happens everywhere but I can tell you the new driver would be an idiot to give in. The supervisor is looking out for what is good for them not the new drivers career or CDL! In fact I can tell you I have been through training for a worldwide company (no not Veolia) and was trained on what to do when a supervisor pushes you, which always ends in you NOT doing something stupid like being allowed to be pushed into doing something reckless. It's as simple as calling your union rep!

Well they fixed his precious n22 by overkilling it with an express and a limited so he shouldn't say anything. Although I do have to agree that they did screw up the 23 and the 27 routes nevertheless, NICE is doing pretty fine

To be honest I liked the N22L and X especially with the reverse service on LIRR being piss poor. N22L and X were very creative moves.

I ask at MTA Public Hearing that farebox on NICE Bus and Bee-Line bus maintains by MTA and subway turnstile on Roosevelt Island Tramway.

One of MTA guy had information desk, it's up to Veolia NICE, Bee-Line or RIOC to follow MTA's fare hike or not.

MTA told me Veolia has to hold it's public hearing for NICE before MTA Fare Hike.

I ask at MTA Public Hearing that farebox on NICE Bus and Bee-Line bus maintains by MTA and subway turnstile on Roosevelt Island Tramway.

One of MTA guy had information desk, it's up to Veolia NICE, Bee-Line or RIOC to follow MTA's fare hike or not.

MTA told me Veolia has to hold it's public hearing for NICE before MTA Fare Hike.

Correct, because as long as the (MTA) gets their cut of the fares that they're suppose to get, then they're good. NICE, if they wanted to get the profit they need, they will raise their fare as well.

I definately am not saying otherwise. They are trying their best but need to correct some mistakes, most notably with the n27 and n23. The n27 to Roslyn on weekends is useless. Most of the time the connections do not wait, and its unrealistic when you factor in traffic. The n27 needs to be sent to Roosevelt Field on weekends period. It could go straight down Glen Cove Rd to save running time, but the bottom line is people from Glen Cove are pretty much cut off from the rest of the system on weekends since they will often have to add an extra hour for connecting buses.

Its the main thing that NICE has screwed up on, they seem to have forgotten Glen Cove has a large population of people dependent on the bus, perhaps larger than Port Wash/Manorhaven, which sees better bus service. I constantly write them everytime I observe a missed connection on the n27. Yet they still haven't fixed it completely.

The n6x is another folly thats messed up, they should have had 3 branches like the n22, a local, a limited, and an express.

I am hopeful that NICE will fix the n27, they restored it weekdays to RF, they just need to finish the fix.

I definately am not saying otherwise. They are trying their best but need to correct some mistakes, most notably with the n27 and n23. The n27 to Roslyn on weekends is useless. Most of the time the connections do not wait, and its unrealistic when you factor in traffic. The n27 needs to be sent to Roosevelt Field on weekends period. It could go straight down Glen Cove Rd to save running time, but the bottom line is people from Glen Cove are pretty much cut off from the rest of the system on weekends since they will often have to add an extra hour for connecting buses.

Its the main thing that NICE has screwed up on, they seem to have forgotten Glen Cove has a large population of people dependent on the bus, perhaps larger than Port Wash/Manorhaven, which sees better bus service. I constantly write them everytime I observe a missed connection on the n27. Yet they still haven't fixed it completely.

The n6x is another folly thats messed up, they should have had 3 branches like the n22, a local, a limited, and an express.

I am hopeful that NICE will fix the n27, they restored it weekdays to RF, they just need to finish the fix.

True I would just use LIRR instead of put up with that wait.

If people are poor, they cannot use Long Island Railroad too much.

Majority of Asian/Spanish riders used NICE Bus over the train because it's cheaper.

Time=money

So time(waiting an hour for NICE)=money(LIRR)

Therefore it depends on what you have to do that day but it *could* be cheaper to pay a little more than waiting that freaking long with these temperatures.

If people are poor, they cannot use Long Island Railroad too much.

Majority of Asian/Spanish riders used NICE Bus over the train because it's cheaper.

If you're just traveling from Zone 4 to Zone 7 (or within either of those zones), a monthly pass actually isn't too expensive. I think it's $82 for a monthly pass, or $2.75 for the individual rides. So if you're just going from Glen Cove to Mineola or Hicksville or something, the LIRR might actually be a little cheaper.

If you're just traveling from Zone 4 to Zone 7 (or within either of those zones), a monthly pass actually isn't too expensive. I think it's $82 for a monthly pass, or $2.75 for the individual rides. So if you're just going from Glen Cove to Mineola or Hicksville or something, the LIRR might actually be a little cheaper.

looks like those people need to be educated OWNED!!! Thank you I think others have said it.

Time=money

So time(waiting an hour for NICE)=money(LIRR)

Therefore it depends on what you have to do that day but it *could* be cheaper to pay a little more than waiting that freaking long with these temperatures.

Problem is, there's no free transfer between the LIRR and NICE at Mineola, and if you're going between Hempstead/RF and Glen Cove (as the majority of n27 riders are), it will cost $2.75 more. NICE needs to cut the crap and restore the n27. What they did amounts to making Glen Cove a seperate part of the system, on weekends, anyway.

looks like those people need to be educated OWNED!!! Thank you I think others have said it.

As I said before the LIRR is no substitute due to ridership patterns. Most n27 riders travel between Glen Cove, Roosevelt Field, and Hempstead. The Oyster Bay line does not go directly to Hempstead, so riders have to disembark at Mineola and pay NICE another $2.25 on top of the $2.75 for the train. That's $5 vs $2.25, I dont blame ppl for not wanting to pay that.

God Forbid the LIRR or NICE would allow a free transfer at Mineola, God Forbid... :angry:

Archived