Hurricane Sandy: Before and After the Storm: Subway service

Harry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone is a big fan of the (7)<7>!

You know it. Can't wait for CBTC and the rollout of the highly anticipated R188's to take effect. It's like a joyride and the el construction is unique to IRT lines. These experienced T/Os really kill it along the elevated portion of Roosevelt Ave with some really good speeds along certain segments of the line.

Plus in general I have a heart for Flushing, NY. Definitely one of my hangout spots particularly Main Street.

You know it. Can't wait for CBTC and the rollout of the highly anticipated R188's to take effect. It's like a joyride and the el construction is unique to IRT lines. These experienced T/Os really kill it along the elevated portion of Roosevelt Ave with some really good speeds along certain segments of the line.

Plus in general I have a heart for Flushing, NY. Definitely one of my hangout spots particularly Main Street.

Oh yes - which is why I love my home line. I'm waiting for CBTC to leave it's Catch Bus to Corona phase, and actually be in use (which i know will be around 2016 or later, probably later). It's a joyride for me every day, despite it's numerous problems - you get used to 'em, and the line starts growing on you. That, and the fact that it's great line for a foodie like me to explore - small wonder why they call it "The International Express." You have a good point with the experienced T/O's - when you have a good one, that express can rock 40, 45, and in some cases, I've seen speeds up to 51 mph - between 82nd and Junction, going to Main. I have this one particular T/O who does either the 6:30 or 6:35 express run out TSQ - riding the RFW is an absolute joy when he's at the helm.

Flushing, I have some Korean restaurants that I visit from time to time, and I don't mind hanging out there.

Oh yes. Best part of riding the (7) line couple of times a year is 1)see the Mets lose lol at home games 2)the variety of different types of resturants (not the crappy Mickey D's types either lol)from around the world on that line without going overseas.

On that note since about 95% of the subway is now reopen, time to put a wrap to this thread. Any updates on the (R) reopening the Brooklyn-Manhatttan tunnel the (1) to/from South Ferry and (A) full line between the Rockaways and Manhattan will be in separte threads.

Watch closing door on now ended thread.

Archived