Hurricane Sandy: Before and After the Storm: Subway service

Harry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to get down to the city this Christmas! :D Boy, am I going to have some fun! The R46 (G) and R42 (C) will still be here in December, right? Otherwise, i'll head down for Thanksgiving.

Presumably the R46's will be off the G as soon as the Greenpoint signals are back and 4-car trains can run at their regular headways. When that will happen, I have no idea, but if it's important to you, I wouldn't assume that they'll still be there in over a month.

That is some damn impressive work in that video Goji posted. I can't even imagine driving that truck through the windy, dark roads of the rockaways.

Let's just hope any malfunctions these R-32's have is minor, so they don;t have to get trucked back for major repairs. Are these some of the R-32's that recently had SMS done?

Presumably the R46's will be off the G as soon as the Greenpoint signals are back and 4-car trains can run at their regular headways. When that will happen, I have no idea, but if it's important to you, I wouldn't assume that they'll still be there in over a month.

Well, i'm not going to head down just for the 46's, for a variety of reasons, but if the R42 (C)'s going to be off too, I might head down.

I know I shouldn't, but I might take one of those. :ph34r:

Well, i'm not going to head down just for the 46's, for a variety of reasons, but if the R42 (C)'s going to be off too, I might head down.

I know I shouldn't, but I might take one of those. :ph34r:

That's how I got this:

DSC09149.jpg

You're not going to see stuff like this after the system recovers.

Surprised they're using the (H) on the site (it only remained in use for the jobs). Felt they never should have eliminated it in the first place.

Well, that is what the R32 has lol, probably caused more confusion if they said (S) and then all the signs just say (H).

I never understood why they eliminated the H bullet either. I assume it was for ease of understanding for passengers by relating the shuttles to the S bullet as well as distinguish the difference between the H service and the current(then new) S service IMO. It also-assuming it wasn't done on purpose but just coincidence-gave all three divisions an S shuttle.

What confusion? The 32s still have " (S) Shuttle " on the rollsigns. I think it's because the 32s have " (H) Rockaway Shuttle "

Oh right, they do just have the Shuttle word, forgot about that. I just thought about the Franklin Avenue Shuttle rollsign. Lol. Regardless, they decided to go with the (H). I wonder if they are going to keep the (H) for the Rockaway Shuttle after the Jamaica Bay connection is done, but it is probably highly unlikely.

On another minor note, it seems the updated map does show the current Broadway service. Still baffles me why the (N) is running local alone.

Man, now you're foaming and fantasizing about a LETTER BULLET? You know sooner or later somebody's gonna start talking about making the (A) to Lefferts the (K), the (A) to Howard Beach stay the (A) and keeping the shuttle as the (H). Ooooh or how about making the showcases use the (H) and keep the regular shuttle the (S), that way ALL the bullets can be used? OMG now we can get photos of the (A), (C), (H), (K) and (S)! Oh man, does the R160 have a blue (F) bullet like these fake FIND maps do, for when it runs to Euclid????? How about that random blue (B) sign at 125 St? So much blue, SOOOOO EXCITING!!!!!

Okay, enough mocking and sarcasm. The R46's do have (H) programs:

TO EUCLID AVE via FAR ROCKAWAY

BROAD CHANNEL SHUTTLE

TO EUCLID AV SHUTTLE

TO FAR ROCKAWAY VIA ROCKAWAY PK

TO ROCKAWAY PARK VIA FAR ROCKAWAY

TO 205 ST/BRONX 8 AV EXPRESS CONCOURSE EXP

TO 205 ST/BRONX 8 AV EXPRESS CONCOURSE LOCAL

TO 205 ST/BRONX 8 AV LOCAL

TO BEDFORD PARK 8 AV LOCAL

TO EUCLID AVE 8 AV EXPRESS FULTON ST LOCAL

TO EUCLID AVE 8 AV/FULTON LCL

TO ROCKAWAY BLVD SHUTTLE

TO LEFFERTS BLVD 8 AV/FULTON EXP

TO LEFFERTS BLVD 8 AV EXPRESS FULTON ST LOCAL

TO LEFFERTS BLVD 8 AV/FULTON LCL

TO HOWARD BEACH JFK AIRPORT

TO B67-GASTON

TO B90-HOLLAND (this is code 631, take note B-Div C/R's!)

TO ROCKAWAY PK 8 AV/FULTON EXP VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO ROCKAWAY PK 8 AV EXPRESS FULTON ST LOCAL VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO ROCKAWAY PK 8 AV/FULTON LCL VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO ROCKAWAY PK VIA 6 AV FULTON ST EXP VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO ROCKAWAY PK VIA 6 AV FULTON ST LOCAL VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO ROCKAWAY PK VIA FAR ROCKAWAY

TO FAR ROCKAWAY 8 AV/FULTON EXP VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO FAR ROCKAWAY 8 AV EXPRESS FULTON ST LCL VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO FAR ROCKAWAY 8 AV/FULTON LOCAL VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO FAR ROCKAWAY VIA 6 AV FULTON ST EXP VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO FAR ROCKAWAY VIA 6 AV FULTON ST LOCAL VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO 21 ST/QUEENS VIA 6 AV

TO 34 ST/8 AV 8 AV LINE

TO 34 ST/8 AV 8 AV EXPRESS

TO 14 ST/8 AV 8 AV LINE

TO WEST 4 ST 8 AV LINE

TO WEST 4 ST VIA 6 AV

WORLD TRADE CTR 8 AV LOCAL

WORLD TRADE CTR VIA 6 AV

TO LEFFERTS BLVD 8 AV EXPRESS

TO LEFFERTS BLVD FULTON ST EXP

TO ROCKAWAY PK FULTON ST EXP VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO ROCKAWAY PK 8 AV EXPRESS VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO FAR ROCKAWAY 8 AV EXPRESS VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO FAR ROCKAWAY FULTON ST EXP VIA JFK AIRPORT

TO FAR ROCKAWAY SHUTTLE (code 1199)

TO ROCKAWAY PK SHUTTLE

BROAD CHANNEL 8 AV LINE VIA JFK AIRPORT

and as far as the shuttle, there will be three sets of R32s, each with 4 cars. Trains will stop at the OPTO stop marker (and yes, there will be a C/R operating from the middle of the train). The first train will leave Far Rock at 4:11AM and the last train will leave B90 at 12:30AM. There will be a period of no service overnight in order to perform signal maintenance.

Just dont wander too far away from those Stations its not a pretty sight out there. Last thing im sure some folks want to see is a bunch of giddy railfans with cameras taking pictures...

Especially after they had to release drug addicts from that treatment facility.

Archived