Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Chargerdodge9

MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Seems that the MTA is a few months away from this. It gets better though, for the order includes the option of 700 more buses. Any ideas on who this order will replace?

• Upvote 1

Seems that the MTA is a few months away from this. It gets better though, for the order includes the option of 700 more buses. Any ideas on who this order will replace?

ALOT of RTSs lol

67mnt5.jpg

Whoever gets to fill this order will be very happy. This could have really done it for Orion too if they were still around!

• Upvote 5

NOO...

More RTS' to die... :(

The only wild hope is that New Flyer or MTS wins...

I hope this order retires a) the ex-BeeLine buses and b) as many RTS' as possible...

• Upvote 2

NOO...

More RTS' to die... :(

The only wild hope is that New Flyer or MTS wins...

MTS Can't bid

They didnt go through the bus qualification period

• Upvote 3

Wait, 690 buses, with an option of 700 additional ones? Yup, that's basically pushing out every 40' diesel bus built before the NGs

So this is the BT&E order? It better be New Flyer winning this...

I doubt it is part of the program, since whatever model we're getting was already running.

This is gonna be a good one...what if they do end up splitting the order.

Edited by Fresh Pond
  • Upvote 2

I don't think this is BT&E either, because its so many of one model. I hope New Flyer gets the order. I've never been disappointed with what they've given to the (MTA).

• Upvote 1

Why the hell are you getting so damn passionate about things? Yes, we have a hobby, but you have to step back and realize that they are just buses at the end of the day.

• Upvote 4

I doubt it is part of the program, since whatever model we're getting was already running.

This is gonna be a good one...what if they do end up splitting the order.

I don't really see why not...isn't the point of the program to choose for the next major order, with 90 buses already running for testing purposes? Whatever it is, it is gonna be a pretty monumental order.

I don't think this is BT&E either, because its so many of one model. I hope New Flyer gets the order. I've never been disappointed with what they've given to the (MTA).

Isn't that the point of BT&E, to choose one model?

I bet this order will take about 5-7 years to complete. The way I see it, pretty much all remaining RTS's and Orion Vs will be gone. Maybe a few of the poor preforming 2004 Orion VII OG hybrids may also go. Personally, I doubt all these buses will be diesel either. Some maybe hybrids as well.

Edited by Chargerdodge9

No, it won't be. It's just a bus -- a pretty decent one by all accounts, too. Not a fiery death hall of pain and misery.

• Upvote 3